Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-07-2023, 03:44 PM
What is sacred geometry? Thanks

Wikipedia has zero! But 50 books on it come up!
I have a gorgeous necklace with it - but never knew, 'What good is it?"

How does it effect us...crystals I understand, Orgonite, I understand...but not this.
Thanks.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-07-2023, 05:14 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Wikipedia has zero! But 50 books on it come up!
I have a a gorgeous necklace - but never knew, 'What good is it?"

How does it effect us...crystals I understand, Orgonite, I understand...but not this.
Thanks.

The easiest way to get a good introduction is to Google. _vesica pi’s is sacred geometry_. I spoke about it in the other thread…..giving a certain specific example
of one meaning of it. This googled site will give a much more comprehensive examination of it…even revelatory for me…..

The IPad interfered to change my spelling it should be vesica p i s c I s

btw it is not to produce an effect like crystals but to give understanding of spiritual truths….
Old 15-07-2023, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
The easiest way to get a good introduction is to Google. _vesica piscis.....
Who would have known THAT? Gee whiz.
Thank you, Mo. :)
I have a lot to read.
I do understand this below:

What does the Vesica Pisces crystal grid mean?

Flower of life. These flower shapes are what is known as the Vesica Piscis or Mandorla in sacred geometry.
The circles are arranged in a hexagonal geometry within a larger circle; they are spatial arrangements
said to tell us the framework of the entire universe.
It's also often seen as the source of everything.''

But, my question would be ---and sorry, but, 'So what?" or ''Ok,
so what would wearing a necklace or have a poster do?''
''Give understanding to spiritual truths''...really? Exactly how? I don't get it.

(But, I never got many things I now have a a direct exp with -speaking in tongues, flower essences, baptism in the Holy Spirit, acupuncture,
Shiatsu, the Third Eye, reincarnation...God. They were all once mysteries.
I want/seek a direct exp with things.)

Anyone have a direct experience in some way? Or is this Woo-woo?
Cuz I'll buy a poster and stare at it if so!!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-07-2023, 07:06 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Anyone have a direct experience in some way? Or is this Woo-woo?
Cuz I'll buy a poster and stare at it if so!!

Is there a direct experience of a wedding ring or a cross on a necklace ? The symbolic is not intended to give a direct experience but rather than to invite contemplation.
Some look at stars as an astronomer others contemplate God. There is a place for the literal….there is a place for the sublime…….
Old 15-07-2023, 07:06 PM
I typed in diff search words.
Got this:
Sacred geometry amplifies our connection to spirit, and creates harmony within ourselves, and between ourselves
and the outside world. It is often called “sacred architecture” because it underlies everything and is woven
into the fabric of all creation.

Sacred geometry as I have worked with it, contains high frequencies of energy and light that can activate, heal, awaken, and transform.

Ok....and how has he ''worked with it''? Continuing my search...

Old 15-07-2023, 07:38 PM
Molearner

Voila….the sublime….:)
Old 15-07-2023, 08:23 PM
Master

Two concepts which are central to sacred geometry are the Fibonacci sequence and the Golden Mean.

The Fibonacci sequence begins with Zero (the Absolute) and One (Unity). The next number in the sequence is obtained by adding the last two numbers.

So we have 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233 ...

Why is this significant? Because with each new number in relation to the previous number we approach the Golden Mean of 1.618. For example:
21/13 = 1.61538
34/21 = 1.61904
55/34 = 1.61764
89/55 = 1.61818
144/89 = 1.61797

The Golden Mean (also called the Phi Ratio) of 1 to 1.618 is considered to be the most harmonic proportion.

It can be used to construct a spiral using the golden rectangle – any shape that can be wholly divided into up into a square and a rectangle that, when combined, establishes a ratio, approximately equating to 1:1.618.

Which we find all over nature, such as in sunflowers and seashells:

When it comes to humans, a face which we consider beautiful has features which correspond to the Golden Mean in terms of their size and relationship to other features:

And in architecture the most pleasing buildings have features which correspond to the Golden Mean:

Plenty more information online.

Peace

Last edited by iamthat : 15-07-2023 at 09:32 PM.
Old 16-07-2023, 06:39 AM
Master

Iamthat.

Wow thank you so much for that info and the pictures really did help me understand much better.

Thanks for the time and effort it must have taken for you to do this. Much appreciated!
Old 16-07-2023, 12:34 PM
Hi, iamthat, yes, all of that is online, but good for new people that have no idea about that fascinating Fibonacci sequence and the Golden Mean.

Maybe I'm not asking the the question in the right way OR it is as Molearner brought up - similar to a wedding ring or a cross.
I would say symbols; symbols only of 'something'.

So I could simply have a mandala necklace that is pretty and symbol of
how there is a mandala at the core of everything. OK.

I know my mandala stain glass was my biggest seller. Ha! And my
Buddha paintings! No magic in them - but beautiful symbols of 'something'
that a person could find 'something' in by looking at them.

If a poster of a Sacred Geometry pattern in a poster or jewelry is just ''that', then, that really does answer my question.

If someone finds the idea or symbology of Sacred Geometry ''sublime''...well, that's great. :)
And people can continue to chat about this here.

PS I do still wonder what a guy meant online by ''working with it''.

Old 16-07-2023, 01:39 PM
Ascender
Maybe any geometry is sacred if you haven't worked with it!

First thing that comes to mind is Platonic solids.
Tetrahedron, Cube, Octahedron, Dodecahedron, Icosahedron.

They are the most basic, regular shapes, so they are found in many atoms arrangements, especially crystals, in which the shape determines its nature.
For instance carbon can be organized in hexagonal shapes and form graphite, or in cubes to make diamond.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_structure

Kepler, who discovered laws for planets orbits, found some resonance with music.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonices_Mundi
The article is quite funny to read 400 years later after the book publishing, I guess his discoveries were more related to phenomenon in the "frequency domain", which is an exponential space that we perceive linearly (this was discovered not so long after), and he was onto something he couldn't explain.
Genius intuition!