Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 20-10-2023, 06:22 AM
Master
Again, I am making peace with Hinduism.

The Eastern teachings really took me by storm. Does anyone notice that it is only in the last 50 years or so, since the advent of world media, that all this worldwide information is available to us?

Before world media came along I had no idea about Eastern spirituality. I was definitely a 'Westerner'.....

So much new stuff to consider in these days. I am making peace!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 20-10-2023, 09:11 AM
Master
So many scriptures, plethora of gods, yet in the end, we must find the light within. In stillness.
Old 21-10-2023, 04:45 PM
Master

making peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The Eastern teachings ... Does anyone notice that it is only in the last 50 years or so, since the advent of world media, that all this worldwide information is available to us?
Before world media came along I had no idea about Eastern spirituality. I was definitely a 'Westerner'.....
So much new stuff to consider in these days. I am making peace!
Indeed what you are doing is great . While eastern teachings is great, Hindu's themselves have lacked an understanding of it leaving its practice far more superficial , superstitious and 'commercial' (give and take driven by lure and fear) . On the other hand other religion/westerner may have simple language which at times not intelligible to so called intellectuals of current era . But on the understanding and its practice front they come very good . So ultimately it is combination of thoughts , speeches writings and actions which takes one to greater heights.

And indeed with world media , we can really see through the best aspects everywhere and learn a lot . I have learnt a lot with knowledge sharing opportunities since internet revolution in 90's .
Old 12-11-2023, 11:48 AM
Master
So pleased for you Honza! I think when an understanding of God, reincarnation and Karma are combined with practices such as meditation, Mantra and prayer, alongside with massive action (doing the practices), great progress is inevitable, as long as an awareness of the ego and its self destructive tendency is remembered.
Old 13-11-2023, 06:02 AM
Master
A major step in anyone's development is to overcome religions.
Old 15-11-2023, 09:17 PM
Administrator
I agree with Peteyzen and Rah Nam

Namaste
Old 16-11-2023, 05:03 AM
Ascender
As Unseeking Seeker has subtly pointed out that Hinduism is vast; it isn't a single religion. I don't even know Hinduism in its fullness to be able to say that i'm making peace with it. A lady i know is devoted to Lord Shiva and she's against animal sacrifice - but not that she's an activist against that, which is fine - sticking to one's path, not bothering with others' paths.

Last edited by kralaro : 17-11-2023 at 02:02 AM.
Old 16-11-2023, 02:29 PM
Master

It is not about leaving ones path or bothering other path . It's about re-invigorating or rejuvenating our own path with newer fresh perspectives and about appreciating other parts different but equally valid perspectives . This gives very good impetus to so-called 'frozen theoretical bookish ' ideas of spirituality and makes spirituality easier to practice.
Old 17-11-2023, 02:10 AM
Ascender
Sorry my last phrase came off as an instruction which i didn't intend to. I've now edited "stick" -> "sticking" and "don't bother" -> "not bothering". I meant there are so many paths in spirituality, it's okay if some paths don't resonate with the person, and gave e.g. of someone following a particular Hindu practice while not resonating with other.
Old 18-11-2023, 06:55 AM
Master
Here’s a poem on this topic. Enjoy!

Religion vs Spirituality

brought up a Christian
we were taught to believe
Jesus is the only true saviour
saved from sin ~ burden we heave

somewhere not far away, another soul
born and brought up in a Hindu household
chants mantras in a tongue incomprehensible
trusts fables endlessly retold ~ delusion takes hold