Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 04-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Maybe it would also be constructive to mentally enumerate all the incidences of 'nasty' in its history, chronologize it, see if there's a pattern and exactly when it stopped being such a threat to others and in what way and to what degree. I'd like to think this suggestion could help, but if not, that's cool.

well, i've done that. took a moral inventory at the time i became aware of just how evil i was behaving. i know the pattern. i know from whence it came. it exactly stopped when i blithely hurt someOne, noticed the pain in their eyes and i realized i was turning into my psychopathic mother. **shudder** see? it's not actually my nature to be that way. i've always been "oversensitive" but by the time i reached my teens i had become rather twisted by my upbringing. after that epiphany i caged the damn thing and starved it. of course, i can be over zealous, especially if i'm guilt driven (raised old school Cathoic, ya see) so when i caged it i rendered myself defenseless. i became an entirely different person. actually a series of different people. i broke myself into aspect pieces so i could try to reassemble them into a good person. i wasn't exactly what you'd call "sane". i was totally harmless but i didn't know what i was doing or where i was going for a couple years. whatta mess. lol poor thing.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
You have to let go, whatever visualization or action allows you to do so, nothing can have power over you unless you allow it to. It is not wise to have the demon caged within you, it is not wise to attempt to control it either. You need summon your courage and strength and get rid of it completely. Let it go. Cut off your attachments. It’s not really about confronting your fears, it’s about realizing the fears have no hold on you truly.
You can combat this situation with love. Fear cannot exist in the presence of love, nor can anything negative. Love is the most powerful weapon, and to take precautions you should cleanse and protect yourself, and strengthen your own inner power.

good advise. thank you.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
IQ, have you ever tried going back in time with it, as in traveling back to your early childhood and asking it questions as a child. Sometimes that can reveal some information that may help.

hmmm seems like the further back into my childhood i went the more it would fade. it's an accumulation of rage and it's a defense mechanism created out my childhood. the younger the child the smaller the "demon" until it disappears with pre-self aware infanthood.

hmmm again. interesting concept. i gotta ponder this a bit. maybe there's a way to go about this without painful confrontation.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Experiencer
It sounds as though your main fear is that this "demon" may hurt your friends or others. I believe that if you confront this old energy letting it know that you no longer need it's furious protection and that no matter what you will not hurt others, its power will diminish and fade away.

All the power here and now is yours, you can choose who you wish to be and there will be no need for conflict. If you wish to be a kind, loving, compassionate, peaceful and helpful person there really isn't much for the "demon" to do.

I wish you well,
Love and Light
Old 04-03-2011, 06:45 AM
dogninja

yeah. the demon is a symptom- give it not form, but dissolve it to its root causes- the behaviors can be old and useless behaviors, but the emotions are not entirely separate from self...the are in need of resolutions. I am just following along here...

and you can do a ton of internal work, but some of the change needs to happen in waking life- not just internally or astrally....

don;t take my advice, I am in the same state.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleStrength
It sounds as though your main fear is that this "demon" may hurt your friends or others. I believe that if you confront this old energy letting it know that you no longer need it's furious protection and that no matter what you will not hurt others, its power will diminish and fade away.

All the power here and now is yours, you can choose who you wish to be and there will be no need for conflict. If you wish to be a kind, loving, compassionate, peaceful and helpful person there really isn't much for the "demon" to do.

I wish you well,
Love and Light

well, i'm not perfect but for all intents and purposes i'm a pretty good person and i'm not fearful that i will suddenly once again become a vindictive monster. the physical people around me are not in danger. but yeah, i have some concern for my imaginary friends but since they're imaginary i suppose that my worries are kind of silly. besides, i could have cheerfully gone the rest of my life without approaching the topic my childhood and it was their appearance in my head and their poking around in my subconscious that brought up the memory of my caged beast. it's an "enter at your own risk" situation but if they want to tackle that repository of negativity i'll cooperate as best i can.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogninja
yeah. the demon is a symptom- give it not form, but dissolve it to its root causes- the behaviors can be old and useless behaviors, but the emotions are not entirely separate from self...the are in need of resolutions. I am just following along here...

and you can do a ton of internal work, but some of the change needs to happen in waking life- not just internally or astrally....

don;t take my advice, I am in the same state.

i found your idea intriguing. i haven't yet begun exploring the idea. i mean, i'm not exactly enthusiastic to delve into the painful morass of my childhood. presently my imaginary friends are being rather quiet and for the sake of accuracy and objectivity i don't deliberately invoke them. for now i'm just going to sit still in myself and see what happens.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Ladofthelight

I mean this in the most lovingly observational way... But isn't it interesting that there are "friends" offering to help you, and you are still hesitant to do it?

I think this sort of thing rears its head in our society often. People not wanting to "bother" other people with their "problems", yet, on many different levels they still do.

Think about your energy pattern, think about all that you are. You do still contain this "demon" pattern, even if you keep it at bay. So, when coming in contact with people, you are still having this energy as part of "you". Another reason why you will not be able to "move on" until you begin to deal with this.

You, I.Q., are a microcosmic representation of the macrocosmic "reality" that we are living in. I do not want to 100% speak for those offering their thoughts here, but my guess is that we ALL have delt with out own "demons". Some of us, still are. Some of us are very happy for the "refreshing reminder" that this post has presented.

You may have heard "In-Lak-Esch" or "I am another you". The experience you are going through right now is being felt on many different levels. You may perceive yourself as an "individual", but underneath that, you are a beautiful part of the whole.

For what it is worth, and I say this as a statement of MY truth, there is nothing wrong with asking for help or accepting it.

I thank everyone for having posted on this thread.

Love.

Lad
Old 04-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladofthelight
I mean this in the most lovingly observational way... But isn't it interesting that there are "friends" offering to help you, and you are still hesitant to do it?

I think this sort of thing rears its head in our society often. People not wanting to "bother" other people with their "problems", yet, on many different levels they still do.

Think about your energy pattern, think about all that you are. You do still contain this "demon" pattern, even if you keep it at bay. So, when coming in contact with people, you are still having this energy as part of "you". Another reason why you will not be able to "move on" until you begin to deal with this.

You, I.Q., are a microcosmic representation of the macrocosmic "reality" that we are living in. I do not want to 100% speak for those offering their thoughts here, but my guess is that we ALL have delt with out own "demons". Some of us, still are. Some of us are very happy for the "refreshing reminder" that this post has presented.

You may have heard "In-Lak-Esch" or "I am another you". The experience you are going through right now is being felt on many different levels. You may perceive yourself as an "individual", but underneath that, you are a beautiful part of the whole.

For what it is worth, and I say this as a statement of MY truth, there is nothing wrong with asking for help or accepting it.

I thank everyone for having posted on this thread.

Love.

Lad

lol i guess i do seem like an ungrateful wretch but mostly i'm just a coward. i'm trying to be brave, really i am, but omg! if there's one place in my whole psyche i don't wanna go it's back into the desparate emotions of that little girl.

but okay, yeah. if i'm too much a coward to want to deal with my "demon" for my own personal sake i suppose i need to think of the health of my gestalt. can't have my nasty beastie poisoning the collective vibe.

thanks for the reminder of my responsibilites, Lad.

i too thank all the participants on this thread for their helpful input.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
the younger the child the smaller the "demon" until it disappears with pre-self aware infanthood.

This is just an idea IQ, but if the demon reduces as you approach infanthood, you may need to go back and find the place where the demon first introduced itself to you. imo, since you had an old school catholic upbringing you were inpacted by heavy religious doctrines at an early age. Children should never have the idea of religion pushed on them when they are real young. Children have very open minds that are easily influenced and the concepts of religious doctrines that are false teachings can bring many evils into children. You need to go find the place where you first met this demon and see it for what it truly is.