Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 14-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Knower
Why do we incarnate?

Hi there

I have done a lot of thinking on this issue and listened to and read a lot of theories and philosophies on this and I am still banging my head against the why of it.

Currently, I am resonating quite strongly with the idea of a pre-birth plan. That we have stuff we want to work through in this life and we make agreements with others that want to deal with their stuff. Within that plan we do have free will and can make choices. We sometimes get it 'right' and sometimes we don't and there are times when we add to the stuff by our choices and have to then clear that too.

I also believe that we have a Higher Self, a part of us that is connected to God and to all. A part that is already perfect. And it does resonate with me that we have a 'Soul' that is somewhere between that Higher Self and the incarnated me.

So then the question I keep bumping up against is this: why would the universe be created in such a way that we incarnate without the knowledge and insight that we need in order to clear what we need to clear and move forward? Why do we 'forget' all of our non-physical experience when we arrive in this body? How does that help anyone? And if I am already perfect at the highest level, why on earth would I need to incarnate in the first place? There are many theories around wanting to experience, but that just doesn't make sense to me at all.

I guess this line of questioning is going to open a can of worms because every person can only reply from their own understanding. But I am curious as to how other reconcile this for themselves. Mostly I want to understand the point of this life, because so far not a single theory has answered that question for me.
Old 14-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Master

Some children do remember there past lives , but forget around 5 . Mommy and daddy tell them how silly they are when they talk about there past lives , its not part of there belief system . Its also hard to live a new life with the memories from a past life . On the reasons , karma , the disare to be with some one again , ect. I do pelieve some life events are pre planed , but also in free will . I also believe in a higher self . The belief is that we have 4 bodies . Phy , astral , energy body , and a higher self or memtal body .
Old 15-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Knower
Thanks desert rat. It doesn't explain why though. Why do we incarnate? I fully see the value of the many lives we live, but only in the sense that it teaches us, but it doesn't answer why we incarnated in the first place and thereby created the karma that we are now seeking to clear.
Old 15-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Master
Good spirits who hold no grudges against other people and love Jesus Christ at the time that they die move into the new paradise with Him.

Those who still hate others or are filled with sin, fail and repeat the same challenge via being reincarnated.

Pretty much explains why the world has been getting worse over the past few decades as the proportion of good vs evil spirits is slowly diminishing.
Old 15-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Knower

Following the conventional theme inspired by the Bible the human race is special. Prior to the human race, there was a rebellion in the heavens. Shifting of authority, and sides were chosen. I believe incarnation into humanity was a legal route offered as an escape. We are refuges of a fallen spiritual government and maybe incarnation as a human allowed us legal protection or entry into some deal that promised something. If you believe in Jesus, remember Jesus died for humanity - so as to restore our connection to the father making us sons of God. Maybe we were sons of God at first under a different paradigm/order and leader (that fell apart during the rebellion) - and through our incarnation as a human and with some help (jesus and other unknown things) we are on our way back to reclaim the divinity and titles we lost - under the new paradigm/order and leader.

I think what happens when we die, may be unbelievably complicated with legal dictates determining what happens next. With plans stacked on top of plans, some still operating but old and outdated and some current. Remember by being born, as descendants of Adam we inherit physical and spiritual death. Right there, the spiritual death would wipe out the memory of our previous spiritual existence before the body (maybe that is the reason for the lack of memory?). I believe there are deals set in place; Judaism/Christianity that grants us step by step what we lost. And depending on what we are legally granted back, that determines what happens when we die. Maybe for some, because of what they have gained or lost, they deserve re-incarnation. Maybe for some, they never re-incarnate but resume existence in heaven and maybe for some they just blink out of existence, or possibly get thrown into an area/deal where they are loaned life to prevent oblivion, because they lost the right somehow.
Old 15-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Knower
Interesting view, ianalexanderr, going to think on that for a while. Thank you for sharing this.
Old 16-09-2015, 02:49 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antheia
Hi there

So then the question I keep bumping up against is this: why would the universe be created in such a way that we incarnate without the knowledge and insight that we need in order to clear what we need to clear and move forward? Why do we 'forget' all of our non-physical experience when we arrive in this body? How does that help anyone? And if I am already perfect at the highest level, why on earth would I need to incarnate in the first place? There are many theories around wanting to experience, but that just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Great question my friend, great questions. This is how I understand it.

You do not necessarily forget all prior life experiences as stated by another person who responded above. And some people (like myself) keep feeling a "pull" to another place that is on the surface not explainable. Or why one would have a propensity for cowboy clothes, or certain types of food.

But onto the bigger question you asked.....

As I understand it, we are not "...perfect..." or at the highest level spiritually speaking as of yet.

Yes, it would be fantastic if we did have the knowledge or insight of what it is we should be working on in this incarnation so we thru free will can evolved, make better choices along the lines of compassion, empathy, caring for others, loving more, etc.... to help us grow to get to the higher level (eventually to the highest level).

When we are in the spirit form, we are all a part of one another. When we leave up to 40% of our soul, or soul energy is left in the spiritual world. We take the balance to earth (possibly more than 1 earth at a time) and now that we have some separateness from others, we are on our own to make unadulterated free will decisions to improve ourselves. <-- That can not be done while you are 100% in the spirit form being a part of others.

You need to be separate and distinct. Also, here on earth, you have a timeline. You are born, etc..... then die. So u have a specific amount of time to make improvements. Make an error. Correct it maybe the next day (or same day) make amends. You have chances to improve.

In the spiritual world, there are no timelines in that dimension. So the element of time to improve has been removed. <-- There is more to say about this but it is getting a bit off topic sorry.

If u were to remember all of your previous incarnations, it would be hugely and totally unnecessarily crowding your mind. Not at all helpful or functional in any manner since you already grew (or failed to grow) from past life experiences. So you are presently your sum total of your free will decisions of your past lives.

Therefore, you know what you know now as the sum total of prior incarnations. Leave the past where it is, now learn and grow further in this incarnation. The past is of no longer any value. In a small way, it is like thinking back to when you were in elementary school. You are who u r now, thinking back to elementary school does not help you to where u r going from here.

Antheia, I am not sure I am getting my point across. Is the above making sense? It is how I understand it so I am humbe in my sharing the above.

It seems like the question I have which I will share with you in a moment is one you may be leading up to as well. Or you are also asking. I will be posting this asap since I am new here, do not want to duplicate others who have asked the same questions so I need to research it 1st but...... How do we know what it is we need to work on now in this incarnation to make your way up the spiritual levels. What am I here to learn in this incarnation?

I hope I helped you with my response. If not, please let me know and I will try again.

GREAT question tho my friend.

BuzzCap7
Old 16-09-2015, 03:43 AM
Knower

I have asked the same questions you have for a very long time, even before I rekindled my spirituality. I immersed myself into a lot of spiritual reading in the past two years to help me understand what you and I have both asked.

I am a follower of the Law of One. It states that we are all part of the creator, who created the universe to learn more about itself through all entities. We go through the 7 chakras, graduating from each one. Right now most of us on earth are 3rd density (solar plexus). There are two paths we can follow - service to self (negative) and service to others (positive). Earth is moving into the 4th density (heart chakra) right now. It will give us some extra capabilities once the shift is fully recognized. The Law of One states there will be a harvest (graduating to the next density) during this shift. Which means those of us that can graduate from the third density to the fourth when your lifetime ends.

The reason for being behind the veil when we incarnate is because if we remember our higher self and who we really are, we wouldn't learn anything new because we know this life is a charade of sorts. We are given free will to make decisions, but our high self is always monitoring and may throw us a curveball to get us back on track. We have carefully planned our life prior to incarnating, but we can stray a bit from that plan as long as we are learning what we intended to. What are we learning? A lot of it is karma from previous lifetimes. We need to master our failures with a lot of compassion and forgiveness. That is the key. It is said in the Law of One that forgiveness of yourself and others is the key to stop the karmic wheel. If you choose to follow the positive path of course!

I have struggled for years asking why am I here and for what purpose. From the spiritual reading and the Reiki I've learned, I've been able to answer this question for myself. It may not be your answer, but it is mine.

You ask a very good question. I hope you will find your own answer!
Old 16-09-2015, 04:25 PM
Knower
Thanks again, guys. Definitely food for thought. BuzzCap7, you are right, the question of how we know what to work on is a big one.
Old 16-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Master

I believe we incarnate to experience the gross reality and furthermore to make use of the possibilities it offers.