Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Ascender
Wink I Don't Really Believe in Reiki But Am Psychic?

I believe in long distance healing and I am a medical intuitive that can scan a body and sense problems old injuries and imbalances.....but Reiki seems unnecessary as well as actually touching a persons body being required to heal people. Am I making sense? It is all a show as someone from my spiritualist church once said. That once a parson accepts the idea that they will be healed they are whether they come up for the public show of laying on of hands or not.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:27 PM
Guide

Interesting topic. My own personal journey in exploring spirituality began with learning reiki after having had a session. I'm now level two, and can only say that if anything "reiki" has left me with more questions than answers, which in turn only made me want to learn and explore more about spirituality in general and all topics associated with it. I cannot say I feel that reiki in and of itself is the cause of me wanting to learn more, nor as a result of using symbols I have begun to heal aspects of my life or health. I feel it's only one of several modalities that can spark something in you if you are open to it, and really it's all about intention.

What makes me raise an eyebrow about reiki is that I was taught by two different teachers who taught this modality entirely different, confusing the heck out of me...not to mention the reading I've done on reiki has even more variations of opinions on how a session should be carried out.

Energy is energy, we can tune into our intuition or perhaps use one of our strengthened Clair abilities to look at what may be going on with ourselves or others. Sometimes we need guidance from a mentor or practitioner of reiki or some other healing modality in order to begin the self healing process.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:56 PM
Administrator
I am a Healer and can scan the body for the problem,when my husband was having treatment for cancer I often gave him healing my hands used to manipulate the inside of the body.
I have not done reiki but I know a lot of people who are reiki masters it works well for them,
maybe I will investigate doing reiki in the near future.

Namaste
Old 10-10-2018, 02:21 AM
Knower

Reiki doesn't need hands. A person without hands can be taught Reiki. Putting hands on, though, can create magical effects. We, in these bodies, are maligned, mostly by our own thoughts but other times through nutrition or trauma. The hands-on part, is about loving the flesh. It is about offering care and comfort to the body that tires itself endlessly for us.

Reiki adjusts to the needs of the recipient so no, hands are not necessary.
But the peace and relaxation and direct emotional healing that can happen because the person can feel the love is a well deserved bonus.

<3
Old 10-10-2018, 10:26 AM
Badcopyinc

It really is up to what the person who is sick believes.
Some people believe that reiki works 100%
I’ve had a close friend who mocks me and his girlfriend all the time for talking about retrograde and crystals. But swears up and down a reiki lady put her hands on him and helped him as well as reading his past traumas.
Old 29-10-2018, 01:00 AM
Ascender
I think the person I use to know really didn't do much for me when she tried. But she believed she was a great Reiki perdon who was well trained.
Old 29-10-2018, 03:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
I believe in long distance healing and I am a medical intuitive that can scan a body and sense problems old injuries and imbalances.....but Reiki seems unnecessary as well as actually touching a persons body being required to heal people. Am I making sense? It is all a show as someone from my spiritualist church once said. That once a parson accepts the idea that they will be healed they are whether they come up for the public show of laying on of hands or not.

its not a show.
Old 29-10-2018, 05:02 AM
Administrator
Hello

I am a Reiki Master and I got mine for what seemed like a more practical reason, I needed the certification for the insurance company at a Hospice House. So I took my Reiki Masters though as a Psychic and Medium I was well versed in healing coming into this lifetime.

What I came to find is that it is a wonderful balance of energy with the two parts of me being so different in the land of the living and the dead. Healing is a universal thing, it is a gift like other abilities we are given. In doing Reiki we are attuning to a discipline and making an agreement with higher powers than we are alone with.

Hands on or distant healing its all the same its energy we present with. But I have to admit that there is something very special and rewarding being present with someone ill that trusts in you their energy life force not always to heal but to bring peace and reduce at times stresses.

I have done some wonderful work with my Reiki both with the hands on approach, where I had a man that had a blockage with his sexual energy release and after almost 10 years him and his wife had a normal bedroom life again. Even his Dr. called to say what a gift I had for healing as even surgery did not fix the issues.

I too gave my husband (Heart) a member here on site, his nipple back on his badly burned chest. It bothered him that it seems to have melted off when he was burned at the age of 4. I had my hand on his chest and I suddenly felt this lump rising and there it was his nipple. Without that Reiki symbol that I was using on him that I feel would not have happened.

Lynn