Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 08-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Neville

366 Celt carries a section on the way of the druid which I found rewarding;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/366-Celt-Yea.../dp/B000H2MFA4
Old 23-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Peb

A good foundation book is 'The Apple Branch - a path to celtic ritual' by Alexei Kondratiev
Old 23-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Hey your welcome! Let me know how you get on with your study...

Are you aware that they sell these 'packages' for 250 pounds?

Edit: Sorry, make that 340 pounds!
Old 23-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Master
Some sites in this thread offer training programs which ain't cheap, so best not get yourselves scammed.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Dancing_Butterflies

Is Celtic and Druidism similiar? I always wondered that.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing_Butterflies
Is Celtic and Druidism similiar? I always wondered that.
The druids were a class of professionals in some Celtic cultures. So druids, the historical sort, were Celts.

Modern neo-druidry (the kind you'll read about in books telling of druidic religion) can run the gamut from being concerned with historicity of their religious practices, to being completely indifferent to them, and merely use the label druid as a romantic self identification.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Dancing_Butterflies

Should I read about Celtic first, before I read about Druidry? Thank you for the helpful info by the way.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing_Butterflies
Should I read about Celtic first, before I read about Druidry? Thank you for the helpful info by the way.
I think that's a good idea. It helps you make sense of many customs and concepts present in modern druid religions, along with being able to see what is based off historical pagan ideas, and what is more modern.

This site is ran by some folks who identify as Celtic reconstructionist pagans, which means they're trying to rebuild Celtic religions as they would've been if they weren't suppressed by the Catholic church. http://www.paganachd.com/faq/readinglist.html

Their reading list is MARVELOUS for getting some ideas on which books to get.

This site is ran by a Scottish polytheist, but she discusses Irish sources and history a lot (since nearly all of the Celtic mythology we have is from Ireland): http://www.tairis.co.uk/ She really knows her stuff. Explore her site, look at the book list, read the articles, and learn!

Of course, you don't have to identify as a Celtic recon pagan by any means, it's not for everyone. But they tend to be very good at compiling sources to learn from.