Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-03-2014, 08:52 AM
Yaviel

Knowledgable on reincarnation theories? Wanna help me out a little?

I always find this topic hard to talk about. Mainly because when I try, I end up sounding, to me at least, a little...self centered? Maybe that isn't the word. I guess I just end up feeling uncomfortable because when I go on about this, I get some weird looks. A long time ago, I was talking to this woman about what I thought was just random stuff, but these days, I wonder if she had other motives after a while, anyway, near the end of the conversation she said something to me about being around the wheel too many times, and feeling sorry for me. I think I get it, but I'm not sure, I certainly didn't get it then "That lady must be off her rocker." and so forth. Anyway, I'm gonna try and cover some things, probably not everything I'd like, as I tend to get sidetracked and leave things out from time to time, but I'd like to get some input, hopefully from people with a good foundation of knowledge on the theories of reincarnation. Here goes.

Ok, so I suppose a good place to start, is that, very little in life feels new to me. Everywhere I go, even places I visit for the first time in this life, nowhere feels new. I even manage to find places to enjoy some quiet that on more than one occasion have been places where something used to be, or were places that felt comfortable that didn't seem like anyone knew of. Everyone I meet, after spending time with them, they are easy for me to figure out, I know in little to no time how to connect with them. Most of my "closest" friends could be labeled misfits, just about all of them are people that everyone said not to be friends with, cause they were mean, or strange or, you get the idea. When it's all said and done, these friends of mine were easy to figure out. The friend with the anger issues credits me as the only person able to tame him at his worst. The friend who for years hated themselves thanks me often for always believing in him and telling him he had potential he couldn't see, potential which has in recent years blossomed to make him happier than he's ever been. On the one hand on the outside, it makes me look like a wonderful, supportive friend, but the truth is, it really was just ridiculously easy to understand these people and I only treated them they way I did because I understood them as if I had known them all my life and my personality and morals dictate that I do something good with that kind of knowledge. No one is new, no one is surprising, no one is confusing, I truly feel like I've met everyone I meet before, and have known them for a long time. I do have to add that I have this bad habit of feeling almost motherly to every one too. I also have strange feelings of familiarity with every culture I've had the pleasure of bearing witness to. On occasions where I've been able to immerse myself in it, it's often commented that I "fit right in" or was "just like any other (insert cultural tag here)". Now I understand that some people feel that I'm just the kind of person who can easily blend with others, but I can't really explain it much better than that and that I really just know what's going on. There are many who credit dreams with visions of their past lives, and I won't disappoint those people either. I could honestly write an even longer post (I promise, I won't) about every era, social class, creature, etc I have dreamed of. Very often I wake up a little confused, having to remind myself where I am, who I am, what's going on in life, etc.
So now that I have the basic points out there. I have to continue with the random things. Apparently a lot of the things I say to people that feel like common sense and nothing special to me, ends up becoming this, eye-opening thing or gets me compliments of having wisdom beyond my years. I really, truly, have a hard time taking those compliments, because like I said, it just feels like common sense to me I really never understand the big deal. Now, as much as I like to help others, as kind as I try to be, I really get overwhelmed with it. I use overwhelmed instead of bored; with nothing feeling new, you'd think bored would be the real word, but it really is overwhelmed. I tried to describe it once to someone as feeling like I'm around children all the time, and they took it as me saying I felt like I was above them, and that's not it. I get overwhelmed. If you are a parent, you know what it's like to get to that point where you just have to take a break or the one throwing a tantrum will be you, and that's the feeling I'm talking about. I get so overloaded sometimes I just have to be alone. Once I'm alone though, something hits me, and it hits me hard. That thing, I have yet to give the right word to, the best word is a feeling of loneliness, I feel like there isn't anyone or anything left to discover, I'm not so much sad about it as I am disappointed and desperately wishing for there to be something new on the horizon. When I think about all that I say and do for everyone else, I get disappointed that I don't know anyone else like myself that can connect with me on the same level (Hey look one of those sentences that make me sound conceited! YAY!).
Though I risk having someone mention that this could be my problem, I'm also going to include something from my younger years. I went to therapy for a while, and in the attempt to "figure me out", without the aid of any spiritual conclusions, I was told that I suffer from three things that feed into each other and make each other worse, depression, anxiety, and a high IQ (for reference I believe it was on the Stanford–Binet fifth edition scale and I scored a 141). Now, I was a lot younger then, I took the guy at his word, I submitted to therapy and medication. Therapy turned into philosophical discussions, he kinda stopped taking any serious notes after the first couple of weeks, and after moving away from the area and having to see other doctors, my doses got heavier, and I hated that medicated person, I personally feel the medications are responsible for why I've forgotten most of the events during that time of my life. Long story short, I learned to manage my depression and anxiety without meds, and have been living without them for about ten years now, so, after a time, and some serious self reflection, I've come to disagree with the reliability of that particular answer to what's up with me.
I get told a lot I'm an old soul, the conversation with that lady pops into my head a lot when I'm feeling that "loneliness" I mentioned. I've never actively tried to figure out what my past lives might have been, not because I have never been curious, I certainly wouldn't be writing this absurdly long post if I wasn't, but the truth is I can imagine just about any kind of life or person and once I think about it long enough, I get it, I'm not saying I've been there, but I completely understand everything I need to. I can imagine events and know how they would make me feel, and after all this feeling of knowing, I get lost in how it would make me feel as the person I am now, which in turn sends me into one of my many private trains of thought that makes this post look like a memo.

In the end, I'm really kinda just looking for some feedback here, my past experience with other forums, and other real life conversations makes me a little nervous, but I'm willing to throw that rope out there if it means someone who can knowledgably converse with me about this might grab on. Thanks for your time, I'm sorry this post is so long, I'm sure I forgot things, I'm sure I'll have to reword and explain things, but I'm willing for whoever is willing to read it. Plus I'm new, and this is my second post, so I wanted to do what I could to explain myself since there isn't much else to reference yet. Thank you again. I'm going to bed and hoping I remember to check this tomorrow.

*~Shade & Sweet Water~*
Yaviel
Old 04-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaviel
Now I understand that some people feel that I'm just the kind of person who can easily blend with others, but I can't really explain it much better than that and that I really just know what's going on. There are many who credit dreams with visions of their past lives, and I won't disappoint those people either. I could honestly write an even longer post (I promise, I won't) about every era, social class, creature, etc I have dreamed of. Very often I wake up a little confused, having to remind myself where I am, who I am, what's going on in life, etc.

If so much of what you experienced in a past life applies to so many facets of this life, then why would a transition leave you confused?

Quote:
When I think about all that I say and do for everyone else, I get disappointed that I don't know anyone else like myself that can connect with me on the same level (Hey look one of those sentences that make me sound conceited! YAY!).

If it's the truth and you're aware that being considered superior in some aspects doesn't actually make you superior as an entity, then I don't think there's any need to apologize for how you feel about other people not connecting with you at the level you need connection.

Is there really nothing that you want to do here, for yourself and not just in service to other people? Nothing you want to create to leave here as a real thing? Is there nothing creative or dynamic in you that's not just a reaction to what the world gives you? No service in justice that you're burning to correct for all the unnecessary suffering in the world?

The problem seems to be that you're smart, and I speak as someone who has also be diagnosed with giftedness. This is difficult to recognize as a problem, since, as you've experienced, it's not really worth correcting in oneself because it's a part of you...it's not really that kind of problem...I think the main problem is more in how society views intelligence, that it's something that will take care of you and solve every problem, that it's a privilege. Intelligence is more complicated than that, and the problems that come with it, such as being lonely and overwhelmed-- people haven't really focused on how to smooth those over psychologically or socially, because it's not even supposed to be considered a problem (even when it can be.)
Old 04-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Master

Rebirth.

This should make it long.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Guide
Hi,
*waves*
Quote:
The problem seems to be that you're smart,
I do hold contention to that statement. Intelligence or lack thereof, isn't a problem. I've seen many highly gifted people or dare say genius level IQ who really lack common sense(read test smart, but overall rather dolt-y). And very simple people who live fully and well(or are hindered by their mental abilities). I do understand where you are coming from, but the problems stated are not intrinsic to those of a higher intelligence. Okay, off my soapbox. :)

Quote:
she said something to me about being around the wheel too many times, and feeling sorry for me.
Oye vey. Sounds a little judgmental, but irregardless, I think it has nothing to do with how many times one is on the proverbial wheel.

Quote:
Ok, so I suppose a good place to start, is that, very little in life feels new to me.
Have you ever noticed how repetitive things(even people) can be? Anyway, being able to figure people out is a skill, like any other, or even a bane. It sounds like you really helped people out with it.

Quote:
Apparently a lot of the things I say to people that feel like common sense and nothing special to me, ends up becoming this, eye-opening thing or gets me compliments of having wisdom beyond my years.
Common sense isn't that common. Also, many people are caught up in their (singular)perspectives, belief systems, etc. and lack the knowledge or ability to see things from different angles. People are pretty funny about their judgements on age or ability as if it hinges on age. A young person who lives fully in a short time, can garner more experience or wisdom than a fool who lives to 100. Have you ever seen people repeat the same mistakes over and over again? This has nothing to do with IQ(nor age) really. Some people may be bull headed, and it can take a while to break through those rigid self-erected walls.

Quote:
I tried to describe it once to someone as feeling like I'm around children all the time, and they took it as me saying I felt like I was above them, and that's not it. I get overwhelmed. If you are a parent, you know what it's like to get to that point where you just have to take a break or the one throwing a tantrum will be you, and that's the feeling I'm talking about. I get so overloaded sometimes I just have to be alone.
Lol, it doesn't get easier as they age either. I've found people to stagnate at particular mental ages, due to the traumas(or important events) that occurred. And usually takes a breakthrough moment(illness, injury, disaster, etc) to grow some more. Anyway, have you tried to experiment with different groups, as it seems that you boxed yourself in the intelligence sector, why not hang out with people of equal and higher IQs and see what you find? I would hope that you find some peers, or connection; but many times, for myself at least, it's the same issues(just different faces). Also, what aspects are overwhelming? I think your analogy is a good one, but one doesn't have to be pulled into the tantrum or drama; that may help with feeling overwhelmed.

Quote:
I feel like there isn't anyone or anything left to discover, I'm not so much sad about it as I am disappointed and desperately wishing for there to be something new on the horizon. When I think about all that I say and do for everyone else, I get disappointed that I don't know anyone else like myself that can connect with me on the same level (Hey look one of those sentences that make me sound conceited! YAY!).
Okay, firstly, you don't sound conceited at all to me. You sound like a very thoughtful, insightful person who's looking for perhaps a deeper meaning to life than what the average person is.

With regards to the loneliness, can you sit with it? Try to understand why it's arising? Look behind the feeling what's there?

Next. Life is like an onion, there are many layers, but it's important to peel it back, if not you might it out before finding the inner core. Another poor analogy I use is that of an infinite bookshelf, each shelf has an infinite amount of length, and it stretches out to infinity. If one level/shelf is too rudimentary, perhaps it's time to explore other options, the next shelf up maybe? There is an endless amount of depth to each level, but it may take some finagling to find it as well as a bit of skill in learning how to shift or access another shelf.

Quote:
but the truth is I can imagine just about any kind of life or person and once I think about it long enough, I get it, I'm not saying I've been there, but I completely understand everything I need to. I can imagine events and know how they would make me feel, and after all this feeling of knowing, I get lost in how it would make me feel as the person I am now, which in turn sends me into one of my many private trains of thought that makes this post look like a memo.
Then listen to your truth. Trust in yourself and inner guidance.

One does not need to incarnate to experience. You've already broached that, it goes deeper than what you are disclosing here. I'll leave it at that.

Quote:
In the end, I'm really kinda just looking for some feedback here, my past experience with other forums, and other real life conversations makes me a little nervous, but I'm willing to throw that rope out there if it means someone who can knowledgably converse with me about this might grab on.
Grabs rope. I'm not knowledgeable, but I love conversing. I've found the people here to be quiet kind, and I hope you have a similar experience. :)
Old 05-03-2014, 03:21 AM
Master

well if you could figure out how to connect to me that would be amazing! I'm in a glass house I can see out but I imagine it looks like mirrors to people who would look in... Anyway I understand where you are coming from just not so intense...

there are multiple theories but they all rely on understanding time isn't linear - you can reincarnate into the past. For places some of the places especially in Europe are so old you could have gone there at any time and repeated as often as necessary maybe in different times to see them different ways - for the people I believe I have incarnated into lives similar to to the one I am in both in time and place and faced certain challenges so that is part of the Deja Vu - and of course I would have had a chance to learn about the people around me one way through such misadventures. But I also think multiple spirits might have incarnated into the same physical person at different times to learn similar lessons or to learn how the other people dealt with certain challenges or just for fun maybe... I.E. just because I was so and so at some time doesn't preclude the fact that someone else was also so and so in the same time and place (but when I wasn't there). So I've probably incarnated into the people around me at sometime (during the same time and place that I'm in my current persona now) and learned about their challenges that way.

if that is confusing to you it might help to understand I think of time as we know it as a 4th spacial dimension (albeit with certain constraints similar to the gravity we find in the third spacial dimension) and think there is another kind of time which consists of the measurement of changes that happen in those four dimensions.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:42 AM
Master

Welcome to the forum , you might be an "old soul " Come back to earth just to be with the same people and in the same places . You might use one of the many methods of past life regression and see .