Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 06-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Eclipse228

Interesting! I'll be sure to give this a try. I've always had milk allergies.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:49 PM
painter_lady

I could do with a very, very, simple recipe, then I might just attempt to try making bread!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
Life becomes much easier when it comes to home made bread if you purchase a bread making machine.

We have one. You simply putting the ingredients in, switch it on and set it on the desired program, then leave it. A few hours later, you have a freshly baked loaf of lovely bread.

The bread making machines do all the work. They have a little paddle in the bottom that mixes the ingredients then kneads the dough, then it just seems to do nothing, but it is actually heating to exactly the right temp for the yeast to do its job to best effect. Then off it goes on high heat to bake it once it's had time to rise, then shuts down all by itself. You can put the ingredients in in the morning before work, press the button, and just leave it safe it the knowledge that it wont overcook it and needs no supervision. Then you come home to the lovely smell of freshly baked bread.

I know, I scored one second hand very cheap on internet. Almost brand new, but I sold it right away because I want a hands-on experience. I know it's easier with a BBM but I think you have more flexibility when you do it by hand.
Thanks anyway. I agree the smell is great.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by painter_lady
I could do with a very, very, simple recipe, then I might just attempt to try making bread!

Just google simple bread making recipe. And don't give up if it doesn't work right away. You have to taste it!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:45 PM
painter_lady

Thank you mogenblue, I am tempted to do just that.....
Old 06-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Master
Hey mogenblue,

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this thread! I actually was given a bread maker a couple of years ago, but have yet to use it. You have inspired me to pull it out and get baking. I believe that it came with a few recipes too. I love bread, but try to limit it because I typically buy the store made crapola'. But now, that you have brought up the fact that I can control what goes into it, making it more healthy, I can hardly wait to give it a try.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
I know, I scored one second hand very cheap on internet. Almost brand new, but I sold it right away because I want a hands-on experience. I know it's easier with a BBM but I think you have more flexibility when you do it by hand.
Thanks anyway. I agree the smell is great.

I know what you mean. I love cooking and baking too, but I have very little time on my hands these days and when I do have some time, and usually don't have the energy. You can't beat home made bread made from scratch, but if you want home made bread but don't have the time or the interest or the energy to do it properly, the next best thing is the machine.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia13
Hey mogenblue,

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this thread! I actually was given a bread maker a couple of years ago, but have yet to use it. You have inspired me to pull it out and get baking. I believe that it came with a few recipes too. I love bread, but try to limit it because I typically buy the store made crapola'. But now, that you have brought up the fact that I can control what goes into it, making it more healthy, I can hardly wait to give it a try.

I think you will love it. I read that home making bread is much more usual in other countries then here in Holland. There are some ready made bread mixes you can buy in the supermarket, but if you want pure flour you really have to look for it or buy it online. Flour comes in more varieties abroad in the supermarket. I don't know why that is exceptional overhere.

I started off with some of those ready made bread mixes. They are great too. You only have to add water to it and let it rise. If you have a BBM just pour everything in and the machine does the rest.

I hope you will like it. I'm hooked, that's for sure.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Master
We make our bread with one of those Breville bread Makers. Once you get the recipe right you end up with a nice job every time. Shop bread feels like your eating junk food compared to proper bread made of organic premium flour. It actually works out much cheaper because you make pizza bases and scrolls betc for the kids instead of buying them. As a family we would use it daily or every second day.

We use this thing:
http://www.breville.com.au/the-custom-loaf-protm.html