Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-09-2021, 02:43 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
...Some people get upset when a new translation renders some expressions differently then 'their' Bible renders them.
Lets talk about scriptures that have been 'corrected' and the reason for the change. Please also include scriptures that have been actually removed.
What of the KJV 1 Chronicles 2: 15-16; 15: 'Ozem the sixth, David the seventh, 16: whose sisters were Zeruiah, and Abigail.

Where as, the GNB, has 15: Ozem, and David, 16: He (Jesse) also had two daughters, Zeruiah and Abigail.

Because Zeruiah and Abigail were the sisters to David, what made the authors, of the Good News Bible, think that the girls were sired by Jesse?

Didn't they realise that the mother of David, the youngest of Jesse's seven biological sons, had two daughters and a son before she was married to Jesse?

The three children of David's mother, were genetically related to David, but not to the other six biological sons of Jesse. So the KJV is correct in saying Jesse's seventh son David, whose sisters were Zeruiah and Abigail.

Who is the 8th son of Jesse? See 1 Samuel 17: 12; David was the son of Jesse, who was an Ephrathite from Bethlehem in Judah. Jesse had eight sons, and at the time Saul was king, he was already a very old man.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 07-09-2021 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 06-09-2021, 04:18 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
What of the KJV 1 Chronicles 2: 15-16; 15: 'Ozem the sixth, David the seventh, 16: whose sisters were Zeruiah, and Abigail.

Where as, the GNB, has 15: Ozem, and David, 16: He (Jesse) also had two daughters, Zeruiah and Abigail.
Here are more examples of altered scripture.

The Jewish 24 hours day, consists of 12 hours of Darkness followed by 12 hours of Daylight. There was darkness first, then God said “Let there be light”. And Jesus said, “A day has 12 hours has it not, so work while the light is with you.”

And there was evening and morning the first day.
And there was evening and morning the second day.
And there was evening and morning the third day.
And there was evening and morning the fourth day.
And there was evening and morning the fifth day.
And there was evening and morning the sixth day.

The 6th hour of the day of preparation to the Passover, when Pilate passed judgement on Jesus, was midnight. He was then taken away and scourged and mocked by the Roman guards, he was nailed to the cross on the 3rd hour of daylight 9 AM on the day of preparation to the Passover, on the 6th hour of Daylight, ‘NOON’ darkness covered Jerusalem, on the 9th hour, Jesus gave up the spirit, 3PM on the day of preparation, on the 12 hour 6 PM, he was buried on the day of preparation to the Passover, Just as the Jews were preparing to eat the Pascal Lambs that evening.

So, we must now ask the question; how ignorant to the truths as revealed in scripture, are the authors of the following bibles?

New International Version: It was the day of Preparation of the Passover; it was about noon. “Here is your king,” Pilate said to the Jews.

New Living Translation: It was now about noon on the day of preparation for the Passover. And Pilate said to the people, “Look, here is your king!”

Amplified Bible: Now it was the day of Preparation for the Passover [week], and it was about the sixth hour (noon). He said to the Jews, “Look, your King!”

Christian Standard Bible: It was the preparation day for the Passover, and it was about noon. Then he told the Jews, “Here is your king! ”

Holman Christian Standard Bible: It was the preparation day for the Passover, and it was about six in the morning. Then he told the Jews, “Here is your king!”

Contemporary English Version: It was about noon on the day before Passover, and Pilate said to the crowd, "Look at your king!"

Good News Translation: It was then almost noon of the day before the Passover. Pilate said to the people, "Here is your king!"

GOD'S WORD® Translation: The time was about six o'clock in the morning on the Friday of the Passover festival. Pilate said to the Jews, "Look, here's your king!"

International Standard Version: Now it was the Preparation Day for the Passover, about noon. He told the Jewish leaders, "Here is your king!"

NET Bible: (Now it was the day of preparation for the Passover, about noon.) Pilate said to the Jewish leaders, "Look, here is your king!"

New Heart English Bible: Now it was the Preparation Day of the Passover, at about noon. He said to the Jewish leaders, "Look, here is your King."

Weymouth New Testament: It was the day of Preparation for the Passover, about six o'clock in the morning. Then he said to the Jews, "There is your king!"

Six o’clock in the morning, would be the 9th hour of the 12 Hours of darkness that preceded the 12 hours of Light.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 07-09-2021 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 07-09-2021, 05:32 AM
Master
The Greek word ἕκτη is used only 3 other places in the Bible and is translated as the "sixth".

The phrase literarily reads: "hour was about the sixth......" which is generally written in English as the "sixth hour".

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 07-09-2021, 08:50 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The phrase literarily reads: "hour was about the sixth......" which is generally written in English as the "sixth hour".

Thank you John.

And the sixth hour of the 12 hours of darkness that preceded the 12 hours of daylight, was midnight, when Pilate passed Judgement on Jesus, shortly after his wife had said to him; "Don't have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him."

TODAY=There was evening and morning the first day.

John 19:14 It was the day of Preparation for the Passover, about the sixth hour, when Pilate passed Judgement on Jesus.

Mark 15:25 It was the third hour (Nine o'clock in the morning) when they crucified Him.

Luke 23:44; And it was about the sixth hour (Noon), and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour (3 PM).

Matthew 27:45; From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land.

John 19: 41-42; Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb in which no one had yet been laid. So because of the Jewish day of Preparation, since the tomb was close at hand, they laid Jesus there.

Jesus was buried about the 12 hour of daylight on the day of preparation to the Passover, he died at 3 PM on the day of preparation to the Passover, darkness covered the land from the 6th hour ‘NOON’ on the day of preparation to the Passover, he was nailed to the cross on the 3rd hour (9 AM) on the day of preparation to the Passover, and he was condemned by Pilate on the 6th hour (midnight), on the day of preparation to the Passover.
Old 12-09-2021, 01:40 AM
The Anointed

The word “CHRIST” means “The Anointed One.” Enoch was the one anointed by the Most-High in the creation, ‘The Lord of Creatures,’ as his Heir and successor, (The Son of Man) who is Lord of spirits.

Christ is the English term for the Greek Χριστός (Khristós) meaning "the anointed one" It is a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Māšîaḥ), usually transliterated into English as Messiah or Mashiach. The Hebrew word translated "anointed" is the verb form of the noun "Messiah."

"The Book of the Secrets of Enoch" 22: 8; "And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord with his lips said to me: "Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before ‘MY’ face into eternity."

And the archistratiege Michael lifted me up, and led me before the Lord’s face.
[Archistratege. Or, "the commander of the armies of the nations, named Michael."]

And the Most-High said to the glorious creatures that surrounded him, tempting them: "Let Enoch stand before ‘MY’ face into eternity," and the glorious creatures bowed down to the Lord, and said: "Let Enoch go [Or be released] according to Thy word." Enoch, was the first to be released.

And the Lord said to Michael: "Go take Enoch from out his earthly garments, and anoint him with my sweet ointment, and put him into the garments of my glory."

And Michael did thus as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its smell mild, shining like the sun’s rays, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones.

On the cross, Jesus cried out, “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me," as he gave up the spirit, with which he had been filled on the day of his baptism, who then ceased to be an individual entity, as the graves of the spirits, of who he was their compilation, and by whom he had evolved, up until the birth of Jesus his earthly duplication, were opened, and three days later, they, [The body of Christ the anointed one] came out of their graves and entered the city of Jerusalem, where they showed themselves as the risen body of Christ, ‘The Anointed One,’ of which body, Jesus was now the Godhead.

Matthew 27: 52, And the graves were opened: and many bodies of the saints that slept arose. Verse 53, And three days later [On the day of the resurrection,] came out of the graves and went into the Holy city and appeared to many.

One would expect the risen body of (The anointed one) to appear to the family of Jesus first, and this is exactly what we see.

The first to see one of they, who were of the body of the risen Christ, were Mary the wife of Cleophas and her [sister-in-law] Mary Magdalene, who, although looking straight at him, thought that he was the gardener, until he spoke her name.

Luke 24: 13-35; The next, to who one of the risen body of Christ appeared, were the carpenter ‘Cleophas’ who is also called Alphaeus, and his son Simon/Simeon the half-brother of Jesus, who was to inherit the Episcopal throne of the church of the circumcision after 'James the righteous,' was killed at the instigation of the same Sadducee sect that had Jesus, the full brother to James, killed.

Although Cleophas and Simon walked and talked with one of the risen body of Christ for some kilometres to the small town of Emmaus, they did not recognise him for who he was, until Simon saw the manner in which he broke the bread. Cleophas and his companion, then returned to Jerusalem, where the disciples, which included Simon Peter and Simon the Patriot, the only two of the twelve disciples by the name Simon, were cowering in a darkened room.

Luke 24: 33; states that there were only 11 disciples present in the room that night, while John 20: 19 to 25; Reveals that one of the twelve, who was absent that evening when Jesus first appeared to his disciples, was Thomas Didymus Jude another brother of Jesus, the one who was called the Twin, although nowhere does the bible say that he was an actual twin or whether he just held a striking resemblance to someone else, perhaps one with who he shared a common grandfather, ‘Alexander Helios=Heli.’

But back to Cleophas, who said to the disciples, who would have opened the door for him, "He has risen, he appeared to Simon," who was of course Simon the son, or adopted son of Cleophas and half-brother to Jesus, and the one who succeeded ‘James the younger’ as the head of the church founded by their brother Jesus.

It was then that a figure appeared in that dimly lit room in the form that they recognised as Jesus, the following week, Jesus appeared in the locked room, where this time, Thomas who was called the ‘TWIN’ was with the other disciples.

Luke here, reveals that Jesus did not appear to his disciples, which included Simon Peter and Simon the patriot, until after Cleophas had said to them; “He has risen, he appeared to Simon,” who was not Simon Peter or Simon the patriot.

1 Corinthians 15:5; states that Jesus appeared to Cephas first, and then to the Twelve, which appears to contradict the scriptures that state the first males to who Jesus had appeared, were Cleophas and his companion, Simeon.

It appears strange that Paul would have said; “Jesus appeared to Cephas first, and then to the Twelve,” rather than, Jesus appeared to Cephas first, and then to the other disciples

Did Paul, get it wrong, or did Paul originally say that Jesus appeared to Simon first, and then to the Twelve, and later translators of Paul’s letters, were to misinterpret Paul’s “Simon” to mean Simon Peter, also called Cephas? Could this be AN EXAMPLE OF AN ALTERED SCRIPTURE?
Old 13-09-2021, 03:24 PM
Master

Quote:
It appears strange that Paul would have said; “Jesus appeared to Cephas first, and then to the Twelve,” rather than, Jesus appeared to Cephas first, and then to the other disciples

Jesus appeared to Mary first in John. I think competing traditions existed. How wonderful
Old 13-09-2021, 11:31 PM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Jesus appeared to Mary first in John. I think competing traditions existed. How wonderful

All four gospels reveal that Jesus appeared to the women first, I believe that Paul, in his letter to the Corinthians, was referring to his appearing to the male followers of Jesus.

Although Paul does say in Acts 13: 30-31; "But God raised him from death, and for many days he appeared to those who had travelled with him from Galilee to Jerusalem. They are now witnesses for him to the people of Israel."

And the Gospels all speak of the women, which included his mother, Mary the wife of Cleophas and her sister-in-law Mary Magdalene, who followed Jesus from Galilee.