Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 17-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Master
Unhappy Given that I've been so sad and out of it the past week

I've not excercised in a week. Does that make me lazy? Or just willing to rest? I feel bad when I don't excercise, but does one really have to excercise every week of their year? I'm feeling very guilty. I just posted about how my soul is in agony and my god scuse the language, but the past four days have been very very tough on me. I'm slowly getting better though. I work tonite which although was the source of me being upset last time I'm hoping will take my mind off things.
What do you guys think.......is it okay not to excerice? See I've lost 10 pounds and I'm so scared I'll gain some of it back. I've been eating pretty good except for a cream cheese dip I ate while I was depressed but not to extreme excess.
Other than that it's been vegies, rice, and stuff like that.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Master
I think when we exercise or diet and lose weight that we all can see the potential associated with such things to go overboard or to be delusional such as thinking we are fat when we are not.
I don't know why it is like this but it is and it helps me to understand bettr the diet diseases associated with dieting. It also helps me to be aware and conscious that the same thing could happen to me and therefore my suggestion is to see the thoughts of laziness and of feeling bad for what they are and then let them pass.
This way you can see clear to exercise and eat right for the right reasons.
I must say that when i read someone ask if they need to eat right and/or exercise every week of the year......it makes me want to ask, why do you exercise and eat right? This is a personal question and one that we all should ask ourselves if we find feelings of guilt when we stray from the plan.
just my opinions based on some expereince with such things.
Blessings......James
James
Old 17-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Master
James thankyou.
I have no eating disorders that I know of, the only thing is that I feel I have to excercise so that I can keep healthy and eat right for my own health reasons. I think it stems from havnig blood clots in my lungs at 27 (I'm now 35) on two occasions, both times I could've died. So I used to have panic attacks then I joined a gym and since excercising my panic attacks about being scared of getting more clots of dying have stopped.
So maybe that's why I feel guilty really. That I am straying from the plan. But man it's only been a week I should'nt be feeling that bad right?

Thanks for helping me to try to understand a little better why I'm thinking these thoughts.
Spiritlite.

Old 17-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
James thankyou.
I have no eating disorders that I know of, the only thing is that I feel I have to excercise so that I can keep healthy and eat right for my own health reasons. I think it stems from havnig blood clots in my lungs at 27 (I'm now 35) on two occasions, both times I could've died. So I used to have panic attacks then I joined a gym and since excercising my panic attacks about being scared of getting more clots of dying have stopped.
So maybe that's why I feel guilty really. That I am straying from the plan. But man it's only been a week I should'nt be feeling that bad right?

Thanks for helping me to try to understand a little better why I'm thinking these thoughts.
Spiritlite.

Maybe the blood clot incident bothers you more than you realize.
This was my whole point....there usually is something driving the feelings of guilt that you expressed. They are not a bad thing, IMO..they just come to surface so that we can deal with them.
Blessings and thanks for sharing.....as always, it's been a pleasure spiritlite.
James
Old 17-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Master
James yes I think the clots have bothered me more than I think they have.
Thankyou james again.
Spiritlite.
Old 19-04-2011, 04:09 PM
LaurenAus

when im bummed and depressed i totally stop exercising as well.
Old 19-04-2011, 05:48 PM
bbr

Deleted post.
Old 19-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Master
Yes the key to success in regards to eating healthy and exercise is learning to make it part of you daily routine and doing it when you don't want to or even when you are hurting a little.
I just started my 11th week of an exercise program called P90X and I can't tell you how many times my body or mind tried to talk me out of it!
I even managed to work thru several of those injuries that pop up when you do new things.
Motivation is the key though and I am very grateful that life took the time to show me that that it was important for me to get back in shape as I get older.
2 years of constantly gradually getting worse, healthwise and strengthwise can teach you alot!
James
Old 19-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Master
Hi James yeah I agree with you the past month I've made it my routine to go swim four days a week and do yoga same amount of days a week and now it's my routine, and even if I wake up saying agh I don't want to do it I do it now. If I need a day's break I forgive myself.
Spiritlite.
Old 19-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Hi James yeah I agree with you the past month I've made it my routine to go swim four days a week and do yoga same amount of days a week and now it's my routine, and even if I wake up saying agh I don't want to do it I do it now. If I need a day's break I forgive myself.
Spiritlite.

That is great!
Taking time off each week to "heal" is just as important. I take Sundays off but also I don't work the same areas 2 days in a row. This gives the specific worked muscles a rest without having to take a day off. If I was swimming and doing yoga, persaonally I would try and alternate each day.
James