Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Experiencer
Self Esteem and the soul/spirit

Hi
I wondered if having healthy self-esteem is a sign of being connected to our spirit/soul?

I think self-esteem is usually considered a psychological programming but am I right in thinking it is more than this?

Is 'self-esteem' just a label for our inherent truth and worth shining through?
Old 11-01-2018, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Hi
I wondered if having healthy self-esteem is a sign of being connected to our spirit/soul?

I think self-esteem is usually considered a psychological programming but am I right in thinking it is more than this?

Even in the pits of my worst hells I was still deeply connected to my spirit/soul, in fact it was a process of growth that I had to endure in order to reclaim my self-esteem and worth.

I had no self-esteem during these low periods yet still had an amazing connection to my spirit/soul. So my guess is no.

there seems to be a lot of correlation...but causation? that is beyond me. Maybe someone wiser can answer.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:58 PM
Master

According to Wiki self esteem means: "a person's overall subjective emotional evaluation of his or her own worth"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-esteem so I'd have to say not necessarily.

Self esteem merely means you are a grounded individual who likes him/herself.

I would say true self-love is connected to the soul/spirit. Not vain love, true unconditional (accepting all the bad and the good) love.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:20 AM
traceyacey12

I agree with you. At least with me, I am developing healthy self esteem as a result of connecting more to my soul/spiritual essence. I also used to think it was all to do with psychological programming but getting on the spiritual path has taught me theres more to this also. Accepting that I am empath and that I am different from say my sisters is helping me a lot, even though we were raised in the same home.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Experiencer
It can't be at least considered to be connected, that's for sure.

Self love is increased self esteem/well being. I know personally that when old layers are stripped away and more self love is within I am being led by spirit.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Hi

Hi TonySG,

It is important to give credit where credit is due:
‘Healthy’ self-esteem does come from the spirit/soul, and a re-orientation to that identification as the predominant life-focus from which everything else derives.

In that case it is really soul-esteem, or self-surrender to truth, to the divine within, to a conscious recognition of Source and its value to evolving life, to reliance on God, etc., which is to say that (among other things) it is never antithetical to oneness.

If we simply call self-esteem ‘healthy’ and do not discriminate the origin, or examine the quality of consciousness therein, then it can become confused with ego and a more common separative self-confidence, ’self-reliance’, or pride which can be divisive and destructive.

This type of discernment is indispensable to spiritual life.

~ J
Old 14-01-2018, 09:25 AM
Master
Since i started my spiritual journey i looked in detail to the term "truth" in a strange way it backfired. Before my journey i never really thought about it. But anyway, i discovered everyone's truth is different. For myself i came to the conclusion i have my own truth. Everyone has there own. I feel self esteem comes from many different places. Life experiences and from the spiritual side. Its even possible to be given weaknesses in order for one to build from the challenge.
Old 14-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Since i started my spiritual journey i looked in detail to the term "truth" in a strange way it backfired. Before my journey i never really thought about it. But anyway, i discovered everyone's truth is different. For myself i came to the conclusion i have my own truth. Everyone has there own. I feel self esteem comes from many different places. Life experiences and from the spiritual side. Its even possible to be given weaknesses in order for one to build from the challenge.
I've found that the truth is relative to one's own agenda - even 'absolute truth' seems to have plenty of... flexibility. I don't even use the word any more because truth and lies are simply aspects of consciousness, and when you drop the labels something different comes through.

Self esteem does come from different places, including our genes and how Life has treated us along the way. Like everything else that we feel, have or don't have - it's what we do with it that counts.

People often look at weaknesses the wrong way, but everything is here to help you and that includes weaknesses. Having a weakness means you can nurture Unconditional Love for yourself or others, and it also means true you have a basis for true empathy. There's Spirit, there's human and in the great void into which few go there is the human Spirit.
Old 14-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I've found that the truth is relative to one's own agenda - even 'absolute truth' seems to have plenty of... flexibility. I don't even use the word any more because truth and lies are simply aspects of consciousness, and when you drop the labels something different comes through.

Self esteem does come from different places, including our genes and how Life has treated us along the way. Like everything else that we feel, have or don't have - it's what we do with it that counts.

People often look at weaknesses the wrong way, but everything is here to help you and that includes weaknesses. Having a weakness means you can nurture Unconditional Love for yourself or others, and it also means true you have a basis for true empathy. There's Spirit, there's human and in the great void into which few go there is the human Spirit.
A weakness is a place to grow.
Old 14-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
A weakness is a place to grow.
We can't ascend if we have nothing to ascend from. We can't Love if there is nothing to Love ourselves because of.