Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 01-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
"The Tao which can be named is not the true Tao."

Here you have it in clear text, unambiguous, straight forward.

Yes I like that.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
So as far as "is consciousness God" I'd have to say "of course".
But I also feel that it's in a way we can't clearly perceive (yet) as human beings...because of the ego.
Namaste
Oh, but we CAN!
It takes disciplined effort, tho!!!!!!!

You might love the book by Michael Langford..."The Most Direct Means To Eternal Bliss"....
it's all about being aware of Awareness Itself.

(A whole other topic...the diff between Consciousness and Awareness..I don't wanna give Honza headache.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-02-2019, 01:03 AM
Since I don't know exactly what consciousness is...I can only pose a question.
Isn't that which looks out from behind my eyes ...which made Itself known to me at around 5-6 yrs old one summer
in the countryside...The Observer?
The Observer of all?
The One that feels the flower's roots burrowing into the earth for water...while
it stretches to reach to the Sun for nutrition?
Isn't It the same thing in the lead bird of the flock knowing where the
destination is?
Isn't this Observer the One that lies under our our own consciousness digesting our food and making our fingernails grow as we sleep?
Is that God? Is that the God that parted the seas and said, Let there be Light? The All That Is?

If 'I' watch something intently is that "me"? My personality, my ego, my body, my wealth, my feelings, my passions?
What is 'me' then...is it also the Watcher, the Witness? Collecting data?

I am not presently qualified to do much more than ask these questions.
My immediate take is there is nothing....nothing that exists that is not because of God, I was also shown this in a stunning Moment...the
floating dust particle, a dream with our eyes closed,

a thought...all exist because of Him...
does that make consciousness Him more than the glass I hold?

Maybe I will have clearer answers another time...and put them into words.
This has not been a subject of mine I have pondered...
I focus on other things ....like feeling His Divine Presence....we each
have subjects we like.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Master

As stated, my understanding is:

Consciousness = in form consciousness through thought & senses, mostly externalised but may be internalised if consciousness so chooses through free will, in prayerful meditation

Awareness = Oneness, love absolute or we may say, God

Consciousness has the ability to tune in or resonate across a wide spectrum of vibration including the Oneness awareness vibration

When consciousness = awareness ...
which happens when consciousness minus ego is devoid of any dilution, confusion or manipulation by the ego, the ego being the duality aspect, an illusion, which the consciousness tends to adopt by overindulgence or attachment or clinging to egoic engagement ...
then consciousness = awareness potentially, converted into permanent reality by voluntary repetition of the meditational engagement for assimilation

When consciousness = awareness in an unbroken continuum we may say that consciousness is the same as Oneness absolute.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:59 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Since I don't know exactly what consciousness is...I can only pose a question.
Isn't that which looks out from behind my eyes ...which made Itself known to me at around 5-6 yrs old one summer
in the countryside...The Observer?
The Observer of all?
The One that feels the flower's roots burrowing into the earth for water...while
it stretches to reach to the Sun for nutrition?
Isn't It the same thing in the lead bird of the flock knowing where the
destination is?
Isn't this Observer the One that lies under our our own consciousness digesting our food and making our fingernails grow as we sleep?
Is that God? Is that the God that parted the seas and said, Let there be Light? The All That Is?

If 'I' watch something intently is that "me"? My personality, my ego, my body, my wealth, my feelings, my passions?
What is 'me' then...is it also the Watcher, the Witness? Collecting data?

I am not presently qualified to do much more than ask these questions.
My immediate take is there is nothing....nothing that exists that is not because of God, I was also shown this in a stunning Moment...the
floating dust particle, a dream with our eyes closed,

a thought...all exist because of Him...
does that make consciousness Him more than the glass I hold?

Maybe I will have clearer answers another time...and put them into words.
This has not been a subject of mine I have pondered...
I focus on other things ....like feeling His Divine Presence....we each
have subjects we like.

It sounds like you're seeing "consciousness" and "conscious" in the same context...that is, both meaning aware, alert...not comatose or passed out. If so, that sounds to me more of a "scientific" view rather than a spiritual one. If not, then I'm not understanding you.

The way I see it, in a nutshell, is that consciousness is kind of like the fuel of this dimension/universe. Our bodies perceive things like flowers, trees, feeling roots, etc. through our senses. It's how we observe things. Consciousness is the energy that drives the atoms in order for these things to exist. Consciousness is also what makes us appreciate them because without it they wouldn't exist.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
It sounds like you're seeing "consciousness" and "conscious" in the same context...that is, both meaning aware, alert...not comatose or passed out. If so, that sounds to me more of a "scientific" view rather than a spiritual one. If not, then I'm not understanding you.
Hi, Me? Scientific? Funny....except I do try to open people to the spiritual aspect
by using examples of quantum physics discoveries a bit;
to expand their consciousness more.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:58 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
The consciousness which is God is not in any way a consciousness that could be likened to our consciousness. It is so far from anything we are familiar with, or could even imagine, that I consider it to be a nonsensical saying.

"The Tao which can be named is not the true Tao."

Here you have it in clear text, unambiguous, straight forward.

God is not consciousness, and consciousness is not God, for the simple reason that if it would be true then the Tao Te Ching would be wrong, and as this forms the first line of the Tao Te Ching we would have to discard everything else as probably wrong too.

It is worth considering the Tao Te Ching is accurate, and the interpretation is wrong. Perhaps the True Tao can not be named, because you are it. Were you to speak even a word to define it, you would be unknowingly establishing you are separate from it- which you are not. As such, there is only one consciousness, yours, and it can not be spoken of properly as if it was not.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:36 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, Me? Scientific? Funny....except I do try to open people to the spiritual aspect
by using examples of quantum physics discoveries a bit;
to expand their consciousness more.

Lol...I kinda thought you might react to that (with all due respect), Miss Hepburn. Yep, I'm with you on quantum physics. Quantum physicist Jim Gates said in his group's study they've found that either our reality is a program running on a super computer "somewhere", or consciousness is running the show. I'm pretty sure the later part of that statement is correct, and I'd suspect you would, too. Have you checked out Dr. Steven Greer? A lot of what he says makes a great deal of sense to me...regarding consciousness, ETs, suppressed free energy solutions and our being controlled by those who've given in to the ego. Namaste.
Old 17-03-2019, 07:37 AM
Knower
http://yogananda.com.au/gurus/yoganandaquotes03b.html

This is from Yogananda:

"The Lord is not a Person with sense organs, but Consciousness itself; He is therefore aware of the thoughts and sensory perceptions of every being. Jesus referred to this all-embracingness when he said that not a sparrow shall fall on the ground without the knowledge of the Father. (bg)

God is the Eternal Consciousness, unchanging and indivisible, in which the illusions of time (change) and space (division) present an infinite variety of forms interacting in a progressive mode of past, present, and future. "

This I read a few years ago, the first time i heard that God is Consciousness itself.
To be honest, i am still not clear on all this concept.
Old 17-03-2019, 08:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalsun
http://yogananda.com.au/gurus/yoganandaquotes03b.html

This is from Yogananda:

"The Lord is not a Person with sense organs, but Consciousness itself; He is therefore aware of the thoughts and sensory perceptions of every being. Jesus referred to this all-embracingness when he said that not a sparrow shall fall on the ground without the knowledge of the Father. (bg)

God is the Eternal Consciousness, unchanging and indivisible, in which the illusions of time (change) and space (division) present an infinite variety of forms interacting in a progressive mode of past, present, and future. "

This I read a few years ago, the first time i heard that God is Consciousness itself.
To be honest, i am still not clear on all this concept.

You might find this article interesting

https://www.esolibris.com/articles/r...sciousness.php