Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 22-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Pathfinder

Question brake ups

So, me and my girlfriend broke up on monday. im trying to get overher, but when ever i meditate, i tent to pick up on her energy. now I'm an empathy, so i am much more sensative to energy. So i keep on picking up on hers, and it really bums me out.
Old 22-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Master

I think it's common after a break up that the ex is on your mind a lot. Try to block her out and eventually (if you stay apart) she won't be on your mind so much.
Old 23-03-2014, 04:02 AM
Smilealittlebrighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay9514
So, me and my girlfriend broke up on monday. im trying to get overher, but when ever i meditate, i tent to pick up on her energy. now I'm an empathy, so i am much more sensative to energy. So i keep on picking up on hers, and it really bums me out.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that.

Maybe you could try a shield prayer? This might help you to be able to focus on yourself, instead of picking up things from her.

One thing that I tried when I was having a lot of trouble picking up on some ex friends of mine was I allowed myself to think about that person; envisioning them in my mind.

Then I thought about things connected with them emotionally - happiness, pain, bitterness, etc. I imagined it traveling like water into my cupped together hands, and said "I release you".

Then I let my hands part; as if letting the water fall away. It really did help me! I hope you find something that will help you.
Old 23-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I think it's common after a break up that the ex is on your mind a lot. Try to block her out and eventually (if you stay apart) she won't be on your mind so much.

Yep.

She will be the last thing you think about before you fall asleep and the first thing you think about when you wake up...for quite a while. It's like this for all of us. All I can tell you is time will heal your hurt. Try to find other activities to fill your time- get out with some friends, read, see a movie...whatever you do, don't try to find another relationship to stop this pain. It's something you need to get through.
Old 25-03-2014, 01:38 AM
Knower

It takes a while to tangle up with someone and it takes a while to untangle. Does your break-up need to be a total cut off? Why not untangle a little more by hanging out together until it's not so hard to meditate or be alone?

I once ended a long term relationship(with much prior warning and trying to make it work) and he still wasn't doing so well with the break. So I told him I would be there for him until he was ready to be alone. About 6 months we spent time together, snuggled, didn't date anyone else until he said he was ready to move on.

We humans get tangled up together on the unseen realms. These psychic cords need to be respected and to allow for healing and re-centering of both parties IMO.
Old 26-03-2014, 02:52 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
It takes a while to tangle up with someone and it takes a while to untangle. Does your break-up need to be a total cut off? Why not untangle a little more by hanging out together until it's not so hard to meditate or be alone?

I once ended a long term relationship(with much prior warning and trying to make it work) and he still wasn't doing so well with the break. So I told him I would be there for him until he was ready to be alone. About 6 months we spent time together, snuggled, didn't date anyone else until he said he was ready to move on.

We humans get tangled up together on the unseen realms. These psychic cords need to be respected and to allow for healing and re-centering of both parties IMO.

What a lovely way to break up, Captain. I think many of us could benefit from a situation like the one you described.