Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 07-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
No bilko, but people in midlife crisis usualy are tryign to get in touch with their inner child, hence the huge surround sound systems, the crazy camping plans, the quad, skidoo, sports cars..... Im not saying your having a midlife crisis ( who knows you still might be, lots of people have them after seeing something like you did, which to say im sorry you had to witness) only that people in midlife crisis are trying to do what you are...

Now, if you blocked out your childhood, how can you actualy get in touch with it? Im not a psycologist, but IMO if you want to get in touch with your childhood, you might have to face your past. You might be wanting a childhood you never had?

I agree with Time here. I also think maybe hypnotherapy would be a way to go as well.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:51 PM
bilko

Wonderful, what great responses, thankyou:)
Please forgive my tone earlier Time as i wasn't sure exactly what you were saying; but know i do.

Anyway, i can't be having a midlife crisis, still trying to deal with childhood ones ****!...couldn't resist:).

Jules i really appreciate the effort you put into your post but unfortunately or fortunately, i'm not sure... I have no recollection of anything before the age of 6 and i was adopted by the age of 4.

Hypnotism might work and i will ask if my counsellor is qualified. Thing is i tried it once to give up smoking. paid a harley street doctor £300 to tell me to go deeper and describe flowers under my feet etc etc and it didn't work.
Heck, if it does work i'll pay [i]her/I] £300 to do a smoking session.

Jules, i wanted to say thankyou for the thanks as well. With the information and various explanations i have been given i feel enlightened somewhat.

Hmm, who was it that said life starts at 40? lol
Old 07-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Time

Dont worry bilko, I can understand why you took a bit of offence lol,

To be fair, most people over 30 have NO recolation of their age beyond age 4 or 5 anyways, so it might not be suppressed, just "old age" ?

There is such a thing called "regression therapy". Its almsot like hypnosis, but isnt quite. basicaly they use current memories to bring back older ones. It might help if you told us yoru age too ( sry if you did), it might help with some music/tv shows and stuff from your teens, and even young ( teen is still child btw )
Old 07-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Master
Hi Bilko

Not sure whether you are into Meditations but Louise Hay does a wonderful inner child mp3 .
Here is a link http://www.esnips.com/doc/62090fa9-5...20Louise%20Hay and also this one http://www.esnips.com/doc/0acf5dc0-2...ith-Louise-Hay

Hope that helps good luck x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Dont worry bilko, I can understand why you took a bit of offence lol,

To be fair, most people over 30 have NO recolation of their age beyond age 4 or 5 anyways, so it might not be suppressed, just "old age" ?

There is such a thing called "regression therapy". Its almsot like hypnosis, but isnt quite. basicaly they use current memories to bring back older ones. It might help if you told us yoru age too ( sry if you did), it might help with some music/tv shows and stuff from your teens, and even young ( teen is still child btw )
Yes! Regression! :)
Old 08-07-2011, 12:58 AM
not human

Hi Bilko my experience is that after a traumatic event such as what u witnessed, there can be an opening that is created by the event to handle past trauma, sort of like a domino effect. Give yourself space to go through this & even though thoughts like getting in touch with your inner child may appear strongly to you bear in mind the thought may be only acting as a sign post to guide you in general back to your childhood. I guess what I feel is don't feel like you have to rush things the way WILL appear to you as required all the best mate
Old 08-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Jules

Hi Ian :)

Life DOES begin at 40! trust me, I'm living proof ;) .. providing you want it too of course!! ..

Ok, some fantastic advice and regression therapy could help. But again, it all depends on how much you want to unlock this. If you do then you've GOT to be fully open to whichever therapy you decide on. It's no good going in there saying all the right words but in fact your not ready for dealing with the emotions & feelings.

K, in order to access the blocked memories and find the love for the young Ian, instead of looking at yourself before the age of 4 .. go to the earliest memory you have of yourself. You're going to have to build up a relationship with the young Ian in order to allow yourself to unlock the memories during the earlier years. These are hidden so deeply you're not ALLOWING yourself to remember. BUT you'll only be able to when you're ready to accept and deal with. Make sense?

Good luck and keep us informed.
Namaste
Jue
xxx
Old 08-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Enya

Ian, you are a brave man and I am sure you will find much healing along the way. I started my inner child work using the techniques suggested by Gill Edwards in one of her books: Living Magically. (she has several out, but I think that's the one I found this in)

It's much the same as Jules suggested: think about an emotion or reaction to something (rejection, depression, hurt, fear...). Instead of pushing it away as you might always do, stay with it and ask yourself when you first felt this in your life. You're not looking at a particular age or situation, you're trusting your own soul to provide an insight.
When a scenario or image appears in your mind or over-whelming emotions rise up, detach your adult self and step back in your mind. See yourself in that situation... then go to yourself as an adult and be the friend you needed then. Hug young Ian, assure him he's not alone, cuddle him... and when it feels right, ask him to let you know when he feels alone or threatened again.

Do this as often as you need to. I've done it many times and it started the whole process of healing my inner child. I followed this with speaking to my child self, asking her questions about how she felt, what she wanted, was she happy?

You can do this by speaking inwardly, using a photo of yourself or writing to your child self. Drawing things which cannot be spoken of or written about also helps tremendously. Use child-like materials like crayons or chalks.

A friend of mine did this a slightly different way - she took herself back through her life a year at a time, starting in her teens, when things 'went wrong'. She focused on a significant event or emotion in each of those years and did what I've described above.

Bascially, follow your intuition and instincts about this. Above all, forgive yourself. look for healing and be open to it. It can be a hard journey, but it's a worthy one.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Master
Enya great suggestion , I love Gill Edwards book . I also have Diana Coopers and Louise Hay books regarding the inner child .

Great advice .. Ian best of luck x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:24 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilko
I am a tube driver and 6 or so weeks ago i had a person jump under my train and die. I went to see the work counsellor who is very good. The sessions with her have been nothing short of superb.

We have more or less healed the incident in so far as its psychological effect on me and although that day will never leave me i feel that i can switch from light duties to regular driving again soon.

My counsellor realized this as well and we have been spending a lot of time trying to heal my past in the last few sessions.

As a child i was abused, neglected and subsequently adopted. I have been through trauma with a big 'T' as she put it.

Subsequently i have developed a multitude of serious issues right from urination to confrontation. I have learnt all about my window of tolerance and jumping from hypo to hyper because my window of tolerance isn't what it should be.

Today we touched on the inner child.

I have heard of it but am not altogether sure about how it works. She will tell me and we will work on it but we only get an hour and i have 2 appointments left, 3 at the very best. So i want to be ready, i don't want to fake anything as i want to heal and become a well functioning person again. Not the person that thinks 3 times about opening letters or letting the phone ring and listening to the message instead of facing reality. I want o face reality, i want to create my own in a positive way and in a stress free way where i can be sure that i can face what the world has to offer.

I am 40 years old now and although i look it i feel at best 18 in my maturity towards life. Sure i know the schpeel, i know how it is meant to work and can even give excellent spiritual and life advice but i have NO confidence in my own abilities, and i want that.

I don't want to feel like my soul is dying just a little more each time i shy away from an opportunity. I don't want to consume that guilt and sorrow by eating more metaphoric cake, my stomach can't take it and neither can my pride.

You may have guessed that i am hurting a little here but only because we have started to dig at past wounds. I see an Ian with promise now. I see a future of eligibility and promise. I know it will get worse before it gets better but i can't tell you how excited i am about grabbing this bull by the horns.

Imagine crawling for your entire life and being promised a future of 4 hour marathons, that is how i feel.

So;in order to make the very best use of my time left with my counsellor i need to get to grips with this. Of course, i shall fight tooth and nail to get as much time with her as i can even on my own time.

So please, if you have professional advice on where to look up information about the inner child or have valid experience in this and care to exchange it please write to me here or pm me.

Yours
Shaking like a leaf!
Ian
Bilko, it all starts with Surrender. I see your past gives you PTSD. I know in Detail a therapy specific for your type of issue. It is called EMDR. I will teach it to you, and guide you through the EMDR session counseling through instant message. EMDR is your solution. I used to have PTSD from past trauma and I did EMDR therapy. It worked 100%. I used to get thoughts of the past and I would start physically shaking, putting my head in between my legs shaking. A living hell. I'm past that now. If you see a EMDR therapist in your area, it would cost $250 per session. I will teach it to you for free. If you would like to learn how to use EMDR therapy give me a pm. EMDR is based on REM sleep. During our sleep in REM sleep specifically we process information. Same thing with EMDR. one thought leads to another, and another. While using EMDR you are processing information of past trauma. Then after a certain amount of months, you will no longer live with it anymore. You will feel free.