Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 29-03-2024, 07:03 AM
Master
Quote Baile - "Speak lovingly when speaking of love, my Brother. Peace"

so true.
Old 29-03-2024, 09:51 AM
Master

Ahhh what a beautiful quote and so apt!

Thank you.
Old 29-03-2024, 10:34 AM
Master

Happy Easter to everybody on the thread :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klcsqF2pplA

__________________________________________________ ________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 29-03-2024, 11:04 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Ego's are scary to me. I want to find a soul mate with no ego. This guy is looking for one too lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZn9QZykx10

Hi Maisy,

It is understandable many find the ego mind scary as it shuns love for survival.

This then begs the question why would we, while in the human form here, have an ego mind to start.

We are highly intelligent and benevolent multi-dimensional quantum energies coming in to a very unfamiliar 3d/4d part of reality to be in the contracted consciousness human physical form that is purposely dumbed down spiritually to low wisdom and “disconnected” from what some call God, or Creative Source, or many other human made up names.

Meaning we are not here randomly or by accident, but here with divine purpose to see what we will choose and how we will behave when given free will, and then be left alone with minimal divine intervention and “disconnected” from God for fair free will.

And the bigger question is, could we then work our way over many lifetimes here as humans to gain the wisdom and benevolent maturity to choose love that is our true nature over our ego.

That is not to say the ego is bad. The ego beautifully serves the purpose of keeping us out of danger and stay alive to have our human adventure by instilling in us fear, envy, hoarding, judgement, vengeance, hierarchy, conquering, superiority, and separatism.

As we gain greater wisdom and move further along the spiritual path to love, we then could release our ego and move it to the background. The ego can not be completely removed yet as many spiritual teachings convey we should, because not everyone on this beautiful planet is awakened to what they truly are and so evil and danger are still around.o

What we do here as humans living life and making choices is part of a much bigger and grander divine plan that will impact God’s new creations to come.

It is an amazing and very long term adventure we “jumped in line” for when in our true home on the other side of the self imposed Veil of Forgetfulness.

An adventure that is extremely challenging and difficult, which we knew in advance before “jumping in line” to have.

This beautiful planet took a lot of time and effort to be supremely engineered and meticulously refined specifically for human habitation. And it took a lot of coordination to enable each of us to be here as a human.

Be very grateful to be alive here.

But that sentiment doesn’t seem to be prevalent here. From reading the many pages of this very interesting thread, the general impression is that people dislike being a human.

Talk of thoughtless, selflessness, emptying the mind, and meditation to remove oneself from the suffering for being a human. And that aligns with most religions and spiritual systems which promote the idea of how we could leave this wicked world and go to paradise when our purpose here is to stay to find and express the light within that is love to bring paradise to Earth.

In simply words, could we do our best to not get our buttons pressed so easily, and have the understanding that bad things don’t happen to us but for us to gain greater wisdom and compassion to choose love. Then we will begin to see everything from a benevolent perspective leading us to greater peace, joy, and gratitude.

And there are many divine systems in place to help us along to uncover the love within. Who placed those systems here? We did, when not human.

Everything happens with the singular purpose of helping us grow spiritually to love. Nothing is ever random, coincidental, lucky, or unlucky.

Our intentions and thoughts generate our reality. Be very careful with our thoughts that are in fact multi-dimensional quantum energies.

The more wisdom we have, the better our thoughts will be and hence the better our reality will be.

Thoughts are much better than no thoughts, because through our thoughts we are in charge of our reality whereas no thoughts is letting our reality be put in the default mode.

A piece of God is within each of us. We are all co-creators of our reality, only if we choose to courtesy of free will.
Old 29-03-2024, 11:46 AM
Master
It might sound strange, but mindfulness is concerned with the truth, I would be relentless about what's true without being concerned with love.

In the Buddhist discourses on meditation, love isn't mentioned let alone featured. It is not prioritised in the Noble Truths nor the Fold path, and indeed a secondary notion that's mentioned a mere few times in the Entire Canon.

However, metta - which is called 'loving kindness', but is primarily concerned with goodwill and the absence of hatred, craving and animosity - is the most primal and genuine wish for all living things to be happy.

This is differentiated from ill-will or the wish that any living thing will suffer, and because the Metta Sutta primarily addressed these disparate kinds of will, it speaks to the very fundamentals of morality. Again, the word 'love' is absent from the passage, though it does allude to having a boundless heart.

The query is where does goodwill arise from, and where does ill-will arise from? And if your heart is riddled with malice and animosity, that you might discover that is true of you, as it is true for a great many people.

The main reason we elevate love is it's an unassailable position of righteousness, and being right is important because the known is all we have to cling to, but the truth of one's heart is the way it is, and be it really loving or hindered from boundlessness, mindfulness is the truthful way, the way it actually is for you.
Old 29-03-2024, 01:14 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Why on a Buddhist Thread do 'some' feel the need to 'pit' Dharma against Christianity.... Mybe it's that Unhealthy ego at play....

Actually your quote was very helpful…..it simply pointed out the Buddhist emphasis on the ego which I had not understood. I do not see labeling anything unhealthy that leads to understanding…..
Old 29-03-2024, 03:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Why on a Buddhist Thread do 'some' feel the need to 'pit' Dharma against Christianity.... Mybe it's that Unhealthy ego at play....

I was wondering why you keep mentioning Jesus here lol. Posting he had a healthy ego in this Buddhist section. I just thought you forgot what section of the forums you were in. I did that once.
Old 29-03-2024, 03:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Happy Easter to everybody on the thread :)

Wrong section mate. This is the Buddhism section. Easter is a Christian thing.
Old 29-03-2024, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Ahhh what a beautiful quote and so apt!

Thank you.

It certainly is a beautiful Quote and would make a good 'Fridge Magnet'
Old 29-03-2024, 04:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldChap
Hi Maisy,

That was a wonderful post. Brought up many amazing points and thoughts. I'd say the ego shuns real unconditional universal love usually. Ego's love is conditional. I'm always amazed how fast "romantic" type love can turn from love to hate. The ego's "love" is usually self centered and about what one gets from it. Of course the true self, conscious awareness, is always present so who knows what the true self can manifest as far as divine true love in a human situation and environment.

I agree with your take on why we are here. To see what we make of it with the givens you stated. You explained our situation great I think. I think I have a different take on some of what you posted. I would not say I dislike being a human and I would not infer that from me preferring thoughtless and selflessness. I would say it is more about not liking my ego or anyone's really. One may think "selflessness" is about me not having a self but really it is about the true self, me and I! being selfless. A nuanced difference. Me, my true self, conscious awareness as it is, as it's built in nature is, being what I am and experience and project outward. The self is selfless in other words. It's a quality of self but really it is not because our true self is just that. It is selfless. If we live and be and experience as our true self, we are naturally and wonderfully selfless. Not self centered, not judgmental, in joy etc. No conflict within or without. No resistance. What is the self that disappears if our self is selfless? Well the ego! We are still 100% ourselves while selfless because that has all we have ever been. We have always been ourselves. Conscious awareness. But then conscious awareness can become entangled with false identity, identifying with this body and it's mind and incarnation history and so on. An "ego" a conscious awareness projecting "self identity" inward and outward and what it is identifying with and projecting is not the self at all. That's normal human life. Thus, why the opposite is called being "selfless." It's a return to being what we are, the true self.

I would not say it is about "emptying the mind" as no one can do such a thing. We did not make it so we certainly cannot unmake it. It is doing billions of calculations a second. Are we even aware of one of those billions? No because it all is taking place subconsciously. The brain decides what to present to the consciousness, us. We then usually identify with it as from us, as us. We imagine we are the thinker, talker when the brain "decided" what to present to us using very advanced and amazing processing. The brains calculations run much faster than any computer made by humans. Scientists recently discovered the brain will actually look at a vast amount of past thoughts when "deciding" which to present in the now.

But then these religious concepts you mention, talk of thoughtless, selflessness, emptying the mind, and meditation are usually the property of ego. The one identified with ego, living as ego, living and believing as a false identity or self is the one that may turn to religion to try to be happier or reach some lofty thing some guru or religious icon or teacher/imagined authority talked about. They all speak of some great thing one can find, or get, or be. So then it is the ego that is off trying to be selfless, the ego wants to empty mind, the ego meditates and does all kinds of "spiritual" things or practices. A lot of people in the "spirituality business" are extremely egotistical and self centered.

I'm not sure I would say an "ego" is needed as I don't think ego is a "thing." I think it is a word to represent a projection of the false self that is not happening all the time in anyone. So to me an ego is not really a thing we have, the word to me is about something we do. We exist with or without projecting a false self or false identity. Also I'd say understanding, memory, and knowledge does not just exist in the brain though that is one place it exists. I believe our true self has mirror images of these aspects in itself. We know the brain has memory. But then when we leave this body we retain memory of this life. That to me makes it obvious memory exists in two places, our true self, conscious awareness, and in the physical body in the physical brain. This is kind of getting deep in the weeds but I think that is one of the reasons it is so hard for people to "wake up" to their true identity. The true self and the body are mirror images of each other in certain aspects. Both store knowledge, store "understanding" and "wisdom" and both have memories.

That kind of leads to the thought thing. The true self can think and use thought and talk non-stop lol. Here again, thought also can have two sources or come from two different things. The brain or the true self. Not as the creator as obviously the brain makes the conceptual into language which is also symbolic and conceptual, but either the true self or the brain can be the originator of it, the director of it. So when talking about being "thoughtless" one imagines a vegetable lol. As the true self, one knows more, not less, one is aware of more, not less, one can still "think" and talk and interact and everything else, use language. It's the source of thought that changes and the use of thought and a change in the identity of the one wrapped up in it.

I don't have time to get into the ideas about thought creating reality right now or time to proofread what I just typed lol so maybe a lot of typos and mistakes as I think faster than I type but I'll post about that later. I had some thoughts about it.