Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 15-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Losing weight with your mind

hello,

I think that it's possible to lose weight, just by thinking about it.
I red some things about the subconscious and the mind, and I think that you can use your subconscious mind to lose weight.

Last weeks i'm testing this theory and I have some great results. I lost 2 kg (4.4 pound) in the first week, 1kg (2.2pound) in the second week and 1kg (2.2 pound) in the third week of my test. And I didn't change my diet and I didn't do more sports.

The only thing what I did was telling myself that im losing weight and feeling positive and healthy.

So do you guys believe in this theory or have anny experience with this kind of things?

Thank you, Have a nice day!
Old 16-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Master
Hi. I'm an expert at losing weight. I can confirm that weight issues have much to do with thoughts. In my case, the more negative and unhappy and self-abasing my thoughts, the more weight I would always put on. The three times in my life that were the most unhappy, were also the three times I was overweight, by lots. For me specifically, there is a definite correlation between my unhappiness and unhappy thoughts, and weight gain.

I would question if this applies to everyone though, but who knows? Maybe you are on to something. We spend the first 25 years of life at a constant, normal weight. And then something happens, most people get heavier. Maybe the reason people gain weight as the years go by is because of the "weight" of the thoughts and life-concerns they take on.
Old 19-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Master
There's a similar thread to this somewhere around the forum... to echo Baile, and speaking from my own experiences, weight and thoughts do go hand in hand.
No matter what, I never exceed the ideal weight I've carved in my mind for a good... wow, it's been eight years now... junk food included, though not often.

How's it going for you, Mikeo?
Old 24-06-2016, 02:25 AM
Pathfinder

May as well try and use your subconscious to increase your bank balance :}

It ain't the mind that's the problem, it's the mouth.
Old 24-06-2016, 04:31 AM
Seeker

This works in all areas of our Lives, the power of our subconscious is undeniable.
Old 26-06-2016, 04:37 AM
Experiencer
Thank you for sharing this, Mikeo. I did notice a correlation between when I was stressed about not losing weight fast enough, telling myself "I'm losing weight slowly" and it actually happening. It seemed if I looked at the scale and said "Wow, I've lost a pound! I'm looking thinner!" instead of "Oh, I've only lost a pound. I'm still overweight.", I would have a higher chance of losing weight more easily.

I sort of attributed it to lowering stress, since I know stress can play a part in retention. Yet I also know that visualization and doing things like these are very potent methods, for changing anything between mental health to cancer to spiritual progress.

I'll be testing this method out again to see what happens.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."