Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Burntfruit

Can you sleep in the afterlife?

Can you sleep or even close your eyes?

Is this possible?
Old 15-03-2015, 07:54 PM
Experiencer
It seems to answer this question - we first need to know why we sleep. At a glance, our bodies regulate sleep much the same way they regulate eating, drinking and breathing. Most acknowledge sleep makes us feel better; however, the question can certainly be asked - "What is the purpose of sleep?"

Scientists have developed several theories that may help explain why we spend a third of our lives sleeping but ultimately, science also suggests this is an unanswerable question (Why we sleep?) . Ultimately, if sleep is required for one's physical heath - this would suggest sleep is not really necessary in the afterlife because we are not bound by the limitations and constraints of a physical/biological body. As for closing your eyes - one would need to know if we even have eyes in the context you are asking the question.

My guess would be sleep and/or closing of the eyes is not required in the afterlife because it is associated with the physical body but this is purely speculation on my part. Having said that, from what I understand - you can do what ever you like and I have read that spirits in the afterlife do participate in things that are very much associated with a physical life like cooking a meal among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
Can you sleep or even close your eyes?

Is this possible?

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 15-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Deactivated Account

You can and do sleep in the afterlife. Your spirit needs rest too, not just your body. People will fall into comas after death if they don't want to accept an afterlife, people who wake up in the astral plane will also drift off quite often for the sake of healing from the traumas of the earth plane.

Whatever you can do here you can do there.
Old 15-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Seeker

As far as I understand, no you don't sleep in the afterlife. But time is not the same so I think you can rest at will that I suppose could be thought as the physical body sleeping. I wouldn't expect to find an answer this side of passing over. Until then its just conjecture.
Old 15-03-2015, 11:19 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony16
As far as I understand, no you don't sleep in the afterlife. But time is not the same so I think you can rest at will that I suppose could be thought as the physical body sleeping. I wouldn't expect to find an answer this side of passing over. Until then its just conjecture.

There are books of people who have passed over communicating their experiences telepathically to psychics/mediums and most of them have experienced sleep on the other side.

I have no idea why the human mind glorifies the afterlife into something incredible. It is not much different to earth, just much more beautiful, depending on where you go.
Old 24-03-2015, 11:32 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
There are books of people who have passed over communicating their experiences telepathically to psychics/mediums and most of them have experienced sleep on the other side.

I have no idea why the human mind glorifies the afterlife into something incredible. It is not much different to earth, just much more beautiful, depending on where you go.

ScarlettHaydon, I also have read the same sort of books. I get the distinct feeling that although based on truth, a lot of artistic licence has been used in packing out these books to a saleable commodity. All I said is what happens is conjecture and we will have to wait and see. As a medium I always just give what I get, nothing more. I don't feel the afterlife is incredible. However I have told from a source I trust, that the afterlife is incomprehensible to me in my present form. IE, living in a material world in a material body. So to me I just feel we will have to wait. But that only my opinion and others may think differently as is their right of free will.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:12 AM
Celeste

I've heard that is the first thing you do when you enter the afterlife. That's why we have to wait a bit before we can contact our loved ones. One would think sleep is of this world, so you wouldn't need to sleep on the other side, but I think you do.

Isn't it interesting how we all say something different? I've heard that if you think when you die you will be a certain way or do a certain thing, you will, while someone else with different views will be doing what they feel and believe. It's all in what you believe.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Master

I asked my guide this question. He says its more rest than sleep although he did say he was in a sort of hospital when he crossed over. I also have a book where the guy was channeling someone from a much lower level and there sleep was very much needed.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Guide
I tend to think it is rest more than sleep. I base my view on the movie Nosso Lar...
Old 01-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
I tend to think it is rest more than sleep. I base my view on the movie Nosso Lar...

Yes, that was the book I was refering to but they did say it was actual sleep in the book.