Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 22-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Ascender
Asking for Stillness?

Hello all. I have discovered recently I can ask for stillness from my own self and I became incredibly still. Normally when I meditate it can be a struggle and my attention is all over the place. However when I become aware of myself and ask for stillness nicely it seems to be freely given. I am curious if this works for anybody else? Does stillness arise when asked for for you? Thanks all :3
Old 22-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Suspended

Yes, it's called 'aspiration' or 'prayer'. We can call many things into us from Above (where the True Self resides) - Things like Stillness, Silence, Peace, Light, Love, Bliss, Force (Shakti in Yoga) Knowledge etc..
The Divine Force or Kundalini Shakti can come into us from above. Most ppl still think kundalini can only rise up from below (where it is normally asleep), Above the head it's already awake and is a much safer process too..
Old 22-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Ascender
Thank you durgaa -- I found this out of the blue. I was sitting there doing my own thing when I felt this sudden feeling like I wanted to be stop doing what I was doing and be mindful. As I did incredible peaceful stillness arose. On a following night I was thinking about it and decided to ask for that to come around again and then I stopped bouncing around and just sort of 'locked in' to stillness yet again. I've done it a few times now and it's been working. Anyway, thanks for the input :3
Old 22-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Suspended

Yes Tridek, we can't get anywhere without 'Stillness', as many other things come through it. Your right, we can just ask, and then sit quietly without expectations. l find that some experiences will happen later (after the meditation or prayer) when l'm walking down the street or sitting in a restaurant etc..
Old 22-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Argento

That's right! You can't tell your mind what you don't want.
Old 22-01-2015, 11:21 PM
Argento

What about,

"Can I please live in tune with my senses"
Old 28-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Unfolding

For some reason, I can enter a state of stillness fairly rapidly. Within that stillness, I tend to intentionally give attention to the two words: Divine Love (Infinite Intelligence, Source, God, etc.). Asking a question, for some, is a great way to receive an answer. Some would describe the process as: Ask, Answer Comes, Accept the Answer with Gratitude. Have a blessed day.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Master
I guess that if you truly desire stillness, you'll get it - or, to state it more accurately, you'll uncover the stillness that was always there, only obscured by the movements of the body-mind.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:34 PM
FenixxPope

At the onset of meditation, my mind is running rampant, but after a few minutes, I do become very still. I just focus on really inhabiting my body and then I'll notice it just happens. One time recently I began spinning rapidly