Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 29-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Pathfinder
Take a look at bodyweight exercises, its free and you can do it anywhere.
Just be sure you are doing exercises for burning fat :)
Old 30-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Pamuya

As others have said walking and hiking is a great exercise. You can also find many utube videos with all kinds of exercise which includes core, streching, weight trainng and tai chi which I personally love. You need to find what you like to do and make it a part of your daily life, just like brushing your teeth. One thing I would like to say since I am in the health care field, exercising will get you fit, keep your heart, lungs, and muscles strong, but weightloss is done in the kitchen. You must control your caloric intake. It is very easy to come home from a workout and eat more in calories than you burned off in the workout. A healthly lifestyle must include both exercise and a balanced diet. You can do this, change one thing at a time, and be kind to yourself.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Knower
I tend to jump around with what type of exercises I do - I quickly get bored and then have to change my routine, and later return or repeat the things I enjoy most. Some of these include running, skateboarding, swimming (in the sea, mostly), dancing (sometimes drop-in modern dance classes but mostly just at home, switching on some music and just moving, jumping, turning, etc), hiking/walking in nature, simple exercises like squats/pushups/crunches/lunges, and skipping (you don't have to buy an expensive jumping rope, just get any rope from the hardware store that works well for you). Do things that are fun to you - if you enjoy them, you're more likely to keep active.
When you allow yourself to flow, you allow yourself to live. When you allow yourself to be happy, you allow others to be happy around you. When you allow yourself to be whole, you help heal those around you.
Old 13-02-2014, 03:06 AM
LavenderStream

It's important to walk everyday. I dance in the mornings until I swear and that definitely keeps me fit and toned. Stretching everyday is quite important before and after exercise and before you go to bed! Make sure to drink water especially in the morning and at night.
Old 29-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Landon

Thanks for sharing.
Old 29-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Knower

I'm partial to Martial Arts myself - Starting to train a few years ago has done wonders for me on so many levels.
Old 14-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Lorelyen

Have you thought of dance - not necessarily with a partner but something like zumba or latin line-dancing? Point is, you can put on some music and practice the steps at home.

There are lots of things that can be done in spare moments - while the kettle's boiling I usually do 10 press-ups against the kitchen counter (i.e. not lying on the floor) and a few squats.

I can't stand the gym - mainly because the organisers insist on playing loud music with a beat that is never synchronous with whatever exercise one's doing. I like to respond to the beat.

Old 14-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Lorelyen

And don't forget your Kegel exercises. I'm assured that once you reach your 30s, they're an investment for 10-20 years in the future.