Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Knower
SilentWolfMan777 & Luminarium's FEAR Protocol

False Evidence Appearing Real?

Let's open up a discussion about it in regards to Spiritual Development in all parts of the world.

Hello, my name is not important, you may call me Simon.

My initial thread was NOT going to be about this but somehow (thank Lumi) here we are.

What is fear? Why do we have it? And how can it help us?

Three very important questions we will be attempting to answer here.

I'll do it sporadically so the body of work grows as we evolve with it. Stay tuned.
Old 24-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Suspended
Fear is there for balance. Fear is a prison you can easily break out of. Fear helps by keeping balance, for not progressing too fast
Old 24-05-2017, 10:24 PM
Knower
So, in using fear to balance yourself out. Would you say a fearless person is imbalanced?
Old 24-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWolfMan777
So, in using fear to balance yourself out. Would you say a fearless person is imbalanced?
I wouldn't say that they're imbalanced.
Old 25-05-2017, 12:37 AM
Knower
So, we've established that fear is NOT for balance. Then what's it for...?

Fear is an abstract manifestation of a "limiting belief", that is to say, you burned your finger on the stove for the first time when you were 4, energy stagnated as you learned the lesson and it got imprinted on your BODY (mental, energetic and physical bodies). Now every time you get near a hot stove the program kicks in as if you were 4 again. Nope, not going to touch that you think... I fear it. Because of what happened last time.

So, fear is not for balance but a self serving program you installed to keep you safe from things you've had negative experiences with, also, things unknown. Because you didn't know the stove was hot before you burned yourself did you?

Now, we've established what fear is and what it's for.

So, how can it help us? Aside from the old way it's been helping us by keeping us safe from potential threats.
Old 25-05-2017, 12:45 AM
Suspended
To learn from the fear, and not let it control or limit what we're capable of doing. And grow.
Old 25-05-2017, 06:23 AM
Experiencer
First, for this argument, i must say, i believe in dimensions so fear is part of some dimension, dimensions and you can live without it. Sometimes i catch the vibe, but not always.

Yasterday i had the most redicolous fear, that i know its not mine, i was sitting, prepairing something to eat and one person comes by and i say that i gotta hide food so they will not see how good i eat.

First it was not good, it was sandwich, on the other side i don't have fear eating in front of other peoples, no matter what i eat. So it was temporalily and it came from nowhere, from my point of view.

So i guess it is from somebody else that lived that place i live in now, like, if they see you eating too good, they will say you have a lot of money and raise the rent. So i guess that fear was so you can hide yourself to look poorer than you are so they don't raise your rent.

Well, it served for someone, i guess.
Old 25-05-2017, 07:10 AM
Lorelyen

What's a fear protocol? (protocol is usually a set of mandatory procedures
governing how we deal with situations)?

Is this what you're asking - what a fear protocol should be? Or you're assuming
there is one and how do we apply the procedures? In which case your outlay of those
procedures would be useful as a focus for discussion.

To me, fear is one of those nebulous constructs like "love" but more firmly
rooted in survival and more loosely associated with being thrust back down
a level in Maslow's "hierarchy of needs" (for example), so fear of a loss, an unmet
expectation, an attainment about to be undone.

An human condition.

Old 25-05-2017, 10:19 PM
Master

trying to get rid of fear, to me, is like willingly throwing away a part of my life just so that I can be agreeable to others' sensitivities. And on top of that it is a very difficult thing to do! It is like asking a rich person to give away all the money they attract, they just can't find a way to even think it a reasonable idea .
Old 25-05-2017, 11:05 PM
Master
Fear serves one main purpose.

That purpose is for Survival. When one is naturally in fear of dangerous natural life threatening things, such as snakes and spiders.

Fear actually does serve a very real and necessary purpose. Anyone read the relaxation response? I do not have it on me and forget the author, but a book I consider worth a read. It goes into our natural response of fear over the years and the flight or fight response. Fear prepares us to fight or flee in dangerous situations. So in that sense serves a purpose. It begins to no longer serve a purpose when used in response to things that are not eminently dangerous or life threatening, in which case it becomes anxiety and can become quite debilitating.

The purpose of fear is for survival and is necessary to survival. Without fear we would not know calm, and clarity. So in that sense there it may also serve a valuable purpose.

Those who are not fearful are actually naturally brave, and possibly foolish as well.
Being fearful may be just enough to save one's or other life/lives.

Fear is relative to how one perceives it.