Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 29-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Knower
Book1 Night Terrors or AP??

HI there I am so excited to find a place where other people could possibly know what the heck I'm talking about. I am a believer of things most people don't. Psychics, mediums, spirit guides, AP ect. I have watch and read many things on these things so I try to be aware of some things that non-believers aren't.
Anyway with that being said on to my question. My whole life I have been a very vivid dreamer able to control many of my dreams, a sleep talker and occasionally a sleep "walker". Now when I say sleep walker I don't mean it in the traditional sense. I don't go out roaming the house or the neighborhood and not remember a thing. I will wake up mid dream in another room and not think anything of it knowing I was "acting" out my dreams. As I got older I started seeing frightening things. Such as spiders and snakes to werewolf/wolfie type critters. So frightening that my boyfriend (now husband) would have to spend several minutes calming me down before I would fall back asleep in his arms. I am now able to get myself back to sleep even though being jolted awake from fear. I even interacted with one of these "visions" about a year ago. I was 8 months pregnant and there was a shadowy woman in a robe with dark curly hair motioning me to follow her down the hallway. I got out of bed and followed her all the way to the kitchen before I came to and realized I was in that odd state of sleep again. I wasn't afraid of her even though in my normal everyday life I would have been scared to death! I shook my head, even giggled a bit and went back to bed. When I am in an in between state of sleep I seem to feel more aware of my surroundings and I think thinks I normally wouldn't. Such as hearing or feeling something and think "oh its just spirit" or "gradpa must be here" or something similar. The past few nights its been pretty substantial. I will feel the bed vibrate a bit and its enough to wake me completely and ill think (in my half sleep state of mind) oh I must have been traveling. When I wake up completely I wont remember what I `was thinking/doing/dreaming about before I woke up which has been the past 3 nights at 3am.
I have been told that these visions are hypnagogic visions and jerks waking me up and they are a medical issue. I however disagree. I believe its either stressed induced night terrors or I am actually Aping and not completely aware of it.

I sincerely look forward to hearing what you all think as I am truly stumped Thanks in advance for taking time to read my story!

Tabytha :)
Old 29-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Master

That sounds more like sleep walking to me . Astral projection is where your spirit leaves your body . You see your body asleep , walk through walls , ect. You might want read some of Erin's blogs on a.p.
http://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2012...ions-answered/
Old 29-05-2014, 05:09 PM
comforting

I think it could be astral projection or maybe ur lucid dreaming with that ur able to control ur dreams
Theres a fine line between the 2 but i believe they are both spiritual experiences .
Old 29-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Experiencer

Tabytha, I've had the night terrors you described. In one version, a huge black spider falls out of the ceiling, on top of me. The worst is a whirling helicopter blade that descends when I am sleeping. I'm pretty sure those are tension-induced. But, the experience where you followed the woman down the hallway, then went back to bed, sounds like AP. I don't AP often, and when I do, I mostly seem to wander around my house. Only recently, I've been flying, with another person, or spirit. He holds my hand. I'm not sure if those are APs, but they have the feeling!
Old 29-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Knower
the vibrations I occasionally feel that wake me up do you think i could have been getting ready to AP and disrupted it? also i have read several places that you actually AP every night. What would you make of that? and if so how on earth do you remember? I have asked to remember multiple times and it seems like i remember for a split second upon waking up but as soon as im completely awake bam. its gone. does that make any sense to you?
Old 29-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Master

That jerk awake is perty common . One belief is that the astral body starts to leave but the body is not quite reddy yet . We all go out of body at night during deep sleep , but dont remember , or remember as a dream . I will also post a link to your discussion over on astral pulse , some times it good to see what others are thinking on other forums . If you want a few more forums check a post by me in the links sec of this forum .
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/we...-t44576.0.html

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=57193