Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Guide

New Experiences, Ideas, Input

Dear Astral Community : )

Hi, I am Justin. I've been sharing in Spirit Guide Sparrow's threads on SF for a few years, and I'm venturing more and more into OBE/astral travel.

I'm making progress and would like to check in with you all to help me understand my progress, get some advice, and begin to share my experience with you. I hope someday I might help others in this kind of pursuit.

So, it used to be when I first started trying that I didn't feel anything happening. That was more like two to one years ago. With further development energetically--such as Qigong, classes with IAC, learning more dynamics of my consciousness and how to do things with it--by now I'm able to easily close my eyes and reach out to the expanses to see colors moving. It feels meaningful.

A week ago I took a class on Overcoming Hindrances to Conscious Projection. The teacher felt I was getting "half in, half out." Since then I felt encouraged and now feel like I may be getting out of my body some more. I'm experimenting with new techniques I'm inventing such as creating a fantasy where I'd like to go, and then being there, feeling where I am in my bed on Earth is somewhere else, like a dream. I also tried feeling like I could see my head from behind, so that I was outside of it. Getting my Ethereal Soul (Hun--some say astral body or soul) to disalign with my head is a challenge for me, although it's getting better.

One thing I'd really like to discuss is that for the most part, there is still only blackness; I don't see, with the exception of some colors. What does that mean as far as how I'm progressing towards projection? What will help me to or when will I see; feel; be in the body of the Ethereal Soul? I suspect i just need to keep going with this. Could use confirmations, pointers. Perhaps I'm already doing it and just not having the full sensory experience...how to awaken the senses~~

: )

I try to just value the experience while encouraging myself. Go a little further, get comfortable there...then it seems I come back to alignment with the body lying in my bed and need to try again.

How can my spirit help my soul with this?

I also realized I need to let my bodily soul (Corporeal Soul--Po) let go of my Ethereal Soul so that it can go free. I also tried inviting my Corporeal Soul to come with us.

I'm full of ideas, would love to hear yours!

Love, Justin
Old 21-04-2014, 07:53 PM
urchin

Hi justin as you can see im new to the forum but i have been developing for a while also.im sorry but i havnt read the threads u mentioned,u may have tried this but possibly a session of reiki beforehand may take you further,i know for myself that a greater awareness for me is always there after my session takes the energy to somewhere else.
Old 21-04-2014, 08:32 PM
bitternight

Imagination-

I learned to astral project by using the same method that has been documented in books about Edgar Cayce. It gives you some useful visual tools as of what you're doing to get a feel for it when you're just starting out. It worked for me the very first night when I appeared in my mothers dream as standing at the foot of her bed.

Also- meditation and the ability to quiet your mind to really focus on something helps.

I'll try to dig the book up and give you a proper review sometime if you're interested. It's been years since I read it.
Old 21-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator
Hi Justin,In my own experience, getting out of the body has been a simple event, with an almost childlike sense of adventure and easy wonder about it. As natural and instinctive as letting the body float on water.

Having said that (as that is what it feels like when it happens) -again in my own experience, there are only certain conditions which seem to work to trigger an OBE in the first place. And my particular personal trigger is unfortunately sleep deprivation.
Only mild sleep derivation however. I can almost 100% count on an OBE happening if I let myself sleep naturally for about 4 hours, then get up, do something very gentle, like reading or light meditation, and have a hot drink but no food. Then after about 30 minutes I go back to lie down and fall asleep again! Very soon afterwards I will wake going out of body.
There are some sounds which announce this, usually a mild humming, 'twanging' sound in my ears. But at first when this started to happen to me, the sounds were more dramatic, with electronic buzzing noises, sounds like a jet engine, rushing wind....etc. But that stopped, and now there are only the slightest sounds.

Although this sleep deprivation method sounds brutal, it isn't really, as after the OBE there is nothing to stop a person going back to sleep for a few more hours of sound sleep! But I would recommend writing everything down immediately after the OBE as hours later, interesting points can be forgotten.

What seems to count a great deal in getting out of the body is firstly a need or desire to, and an open-hearted interest in it.....and secondly, great physical relaxation. Relaxation to the point at which there is no sense of the physical body at all. Like you 'melt away'....that sort of sensation. But the thoughts are sharp, clear and focussed.

I find that on the awakening to feel myself start to go out of body, my mind really 'snaps to' very easily. It is not a dreamy sensation at all. It is like normal waking awareness.

And once it starts happening, what helps (for me anyway) is an eager, happy, interested, adventurous feeling....a bit like when you are a child, and are about to take off on a bike or skateboard! That kind of feeling. Nothing more complicated than that!

As for not being able to see...I have had that happen on a couple of occasions and haven't thought too much about it. 99% of the time I see quite normally....I wonder if it could be because I do not expect NOT to see? Similar to my ordinary waking state where I do see normally. Although, interestingly, there have been accounts of people blind from birth being able to see when they go out of body, and being quite shocked by that!
However, like I said, on a couple of occasions I have not been able to see at all, and have no idea why.

That's the best I can suggest -only my own experiences. Good luck with your experiences, and I hope this works out well for you.
Blessings,
Tobi.
Old 24-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Guide

Thank you.

~
Old 29-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Pathfinder

In one of the books I've read (William Buhlman I think) it says that if you can't see clearly you should say "Give me clarity" and be forceful about it - you're in charge. The same goes for controlling the situation "give me control, I have control".

In my last OBE (only my 2nd one) I was trying to fly towards something but kept flying parallel with it and could not get any closer, so next time I'll use the control command. I did ask for clarity and it worked like a gem. It was strange to hear my voice - it was a bit croaky :-) Next time I'm going to ask for clarity every so often even if everything appears clear.