Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 19-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator
Scientists prove consciousness survives death...

...But so far, they have no idea how long that may last.

That's the way empirical scientific evidence is progressing at the moment. Scientists at Southampton University UK have proved conscious awareness continues for (as far as they can measure) -at least minutes after clinical death of the body.

"Life After Death Proved By Scientists?"

http://youtu.be/HeM4m_4dWeA (The Lip TV interview....However this does get a bit waffly towards the end...)

The news article here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...fic-study.html

And from Southampton University:

Old 21-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Master
Eventually, the Truth is borne out.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Knower
You should really read any of the Seth Material by Jane Roberts. I believe without doubt that we continue on.
Old 21-10-2014, 10:53 PM
samsara4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
...But so far, they have no idea how long that may last.

That's the way empirical scientific evidence is progressing at the moment. Scientists at Southampton University UK have proved conscious awareness continues for (as far as they can measure) -at least minutes after clinical death of the body.

"Life After Death Proved By Scientists?"

http://youtu.be/HeM4m_4dWeA (The Lip TV interview....However this does get a bit waffly towards the end...)

The news article here:

And from Southampton University:

First of all, thanks for sharing. I just finished reading the telegraph article and , based on my own near death experience, everything in it seems to be right on target.

I was in a three day "irreversible coma" in a hospital room while funeral arrangements were being made. I had been taken off life-support. As in the article, I could see my body from afar, the priest administering the last rites, the doctors, the nurses, and even my brother and sister in another room. (I could describe accurately what they were wearing even though they never entered the room.) During that time, I was at perfect peace and wasn't even sure about returning because it was so peaceful without the body. I even had a non-standard vision which I completely misinterpreted but which turned out to be eerily prophetic. It became clear that it was time to return to the body, and the life force consciously entered the body and I sat up "symptom free" to the shock of the medical staff.

Incidentally, although I'm not Jewish, the day that I emerged from the coma was notably Yom Kippur, a day that I have celebrated since then as my "born again" day of at-one-ment.

P.S. Arnold Mindrell, Ph.D. in Psychology, also wrote a book called "Coma" which contains similar information after interviews with those who have had near death experiences. The details are consistent in many ways.
Old 21-10-2014, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator
That's an amazing experience Samsara.

Scientists get all tangled up trying to figure out what many of us already know, have found out for ourselves.
But I just do like it when I hear they have a "eureka" moment!
Old 11-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Suspended

I really don't understand why Science would be studying NDE unless they want to claim an experience for Science.

Science never studied anything unless they imply it will be a self gain.

Evidence of scientific exploration states that they are looking for a God gene or a God cell, they hope to find in a human being life as a spiritually expressed consciousness.

Yet, scientist, we have to be living to express our consciousness, therefore what do you hope to achieve about the spirit, that is its own self, has described itself to us as a communication of a light being to a human being. It has given us proof of evidence in many circumstances.....yet you still imply that you can gain the evidence of its contact in the circumstance of human life.

We see the results of your illegal atmospheric experiments as our spiritual life gets attacked. We see our consciousness changing, our spiritual interactions changing, our cellular life changing and our blood and cell function changing.

We know by ancient literature that our Heaven atmosphere was considered to be a holy returned healed spirit and our atmosphere our holy life condition, the holy bloodline. And we now witness the desecration of our bloodline, our spirit life atmosphere that now is attacking us with evil spirits and an evil life condition.

As we do all have a light self that it higher in light vibration to organic matter, exists in the light communicating to our lower organic life function and this higher light body communicates to the higher light beings....you will never have any identification of its existence, as it does not exist with us.

Give it up Scientist, leave us alone.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:55 AM
Master
It'e a purely qualitative study, and it seems that it revealed nothing new, as these sorts of experiences were well documented prior to the study. Not exactly 'new's, is it.
Old 16-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Eventually, the Truth is borne out.

The physical and material world of time and space is illusory. Founded on "Light".

You are more than physical.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-11-2014, 06:09 PM
starcrazyangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It'e a purely qualitative study, and it seems that it revealed nothing new, as these sorts of experiences were well documented prior to the study. Not exactly 'new's, is it.

Nope! Dr. Duncan McDougall discovered that the human "soul" bares physical weight. The 21 grams Theory.

This theory was made into a film. I've never seen it, personally but it pre-dates this current research...
Old 19-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

I think there's nothing new, just the evolve of understanding.