Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-11-2013, 04:55 AM
rigby941

I spelled "Atheist" wrong, on my title of this thread - whoops!!!!!

Duh!!! :)
Old 12-11-2013, 06:30 AM
rigby941

Lightbulb I'm now Agnostic. I love this place.

Seriously - thank you all...

I've been reading so many of the posts on here... I had a light bulb moment about 1/2 an hour ago...

My daughter has Pompe Disease, and it's terminal, also genetic... When she does die - her BEAUTIFUL SOUL will NOT be handicapped AT ALL!!!

There HAS to be SOME TYPE of afterlife... there's NO WAY her soul - which truly IS amazing - would just disappear.

I'll miss her like there's no tomorrow - I've always planned of killing myself, after Zoe dies (she's 4 1/2 years old)... no telling how long she'll live, and also have a good quality of life...

There's NO WAY I could go on living without her... I actually have hope.

WOW, is all I can say!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for letting me into this forum and letting me read/share your experiences.

-Elizabeth
Old 12-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby941
Does it matter, at all, do you think, that I'm Bi-polar???

Seriously, though, I am... NOT crazy, though!!!

-E
Rigby, I was not judging you at all. It is not my place to judge you or anyone else.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. You may want to give some consideration to karma.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:01 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
it's all energy, energy never dies, it transforms. energy does hold consciousness of humans, animals.

I agree ...

My guess is conditioning from childhood compartmentalized in your brain has surfaced ...
Its like having seeds planted at school during the formative years ...
Knowledge you think you'll never use, but later in life you have it to draw upon ...

I've known many Catholics who believe in God - the Holy Spirit, Satan, Angels but do not believe in ghosts or spirits ...
Confusing to say the least, but that's how it is ...
Rest assured being bi-polar has nothing to do w/it ...

Not to sound preachy, but this is a good time to strengthen your beliefs in the afterlife ...
Keep the information accessible at all times ...
I believe in another one of your posts someone had mentioned past life regressionist Michael Newton ...
His books "Journey of Souls" & "Destiny of Souls" are quite informative ...
I read them everyday for a number of years during my grief ...
You might want to consider a past life regression - this I believe in your case it might be quite helpful in understanding this heartbreaking situation ...
Light on your journey ...

Last edited by livingkarma : 12-11-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Experiencer

Rig, I felt quite similar to you...no God, no afterlife, no heaven, no hell...for about 10/15 years and was fine with that...then I had a heart attack and with it a near death experience.
What I experienced: Definitely no hell (lol...I would have gone there if Christians/the bible were right...I rejected belief in God/Jesus and I'm gay), no judgement, only enlightenment. I saw no God/Jesus or deities, but I did feel a presence.
Science doesn't have all the answers and neither does religion/the bible. We're here, some of us experience things that perplex us and those things can be quite alarming to those of us who try to see realistically and rationally, usually through science. Some see those things as signs from God, some are drawn to the ethereal and some never experience them or if they do try to find "rational" explanations.
With quantum physics mathematics opening up 11 dimensions, who knows what makes up/drives those dimensions we don't (normally) experience?
Old 13-11-2013, 01:19 AM
Knower

I think it's time to change your beliefs.
Old 13-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Knower
I don't see any real conflict between being an atheist and seeing spirit or ghost activity like you have.

It could have something to do with bipolar disorder, but most people with that problem don't have visual hallucinations -- if they do it's usually in a manic phase. But when people have an hallucination, their companions don't generally share it. There is no obvious explanation for why you and your friend would experience the same phenomena.

I don't think you have to change your beliefs, just be open to learn and experience things. Look for "rational" explanations, but don't be too concerned if you don't find them.

Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked.
Viktor E. Frankl
Old 13-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Experiencer

Look up Howard Storm. He was also an atheist, then had one of the most profound NDE's, where he met God. I have read his book, I fully recommend it.

It is always amazing when an Atheist has an NDE, and comes back a complete believer to the core.

God is very real, I'm of the view that absolutely everything happens for a reason.

The Creator chooses certain people IMO to experience an NDE, for the benefit of all of us.

I also believe in Ghosts/Spirits completely too.
Old 14-11-2013, 12:41 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby941

***So, in a nutshell... I've had different experiences w/ spirits... I've communicated w/ them and seen them. I'm Atheist. How would this work out??? LOL - like, I don't seem to fit into ANY "TERM" - do I???***

Thanks SO MUCH,
E

Try not to worry about that, you don't need a term. They're convenient but cause unnecessary issues. Experiencing spirits doesn't mean you have to take up any religion, and likewise not only the religious have experiences. I personally have never believed in god/devil/heaven/hell, but have experienced a decent amount of other things. I'd say just go with the flow from here and see what resonates with you as truth and what doesn't.
Old 16-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Knower

whatever you believe, it will never be the whole of the truth. Our minds and experiences as individuals and as a species can never hope to encompass everything that is in the entirety of the universe.
The best we can do is draw ourselves a sketch picture that we are happy with