Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Richy100

My heart has stopped three times but only for a few seconds, It was restarted quickly but I can't remember seeing anything.
Perhaps if it was longer I would have seen something.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:51 AM
CharleneMarie2712

I personally do not beleive in "heaven" or "hell" as we preceive it. I beleive that depending on what stage you at emotionally and sprirtually determines were you go. I beleive you can move on to "the light" if you are ready, you can stick around if you feel, I beleive in the limbo for spirits who may not be ready or stuck and confused. or you can reincarnate yourself to another life. I definetly dont think we just fall asleep and see darkness.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:58 AM
catlady

when my ex brother in law died he hung about for a few days till the hour before his funeral. when my dad died he was with me in the car as i drove in a terrible state to my mums on hearing the news. i had to ask my dad to leave me alone as i found it too upsetting with him there and knowing he had died. he also hung about for a few days till his funeral. we got lots of hugs leading up to that day. it must be very upsetting for them too i think,seeing lived ones so upset.i think thats why these two didnt hang about for the actual funeral. since those days they both pop in now and then. im led to believe my dad goes off to learn stuff every now and then and im not to ask for him unless i have to.
personally i cant wait till im dead, i find being alive far too hard. just hope i die peacfully,bit of a wimp at heart.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:02 PM
sunstone

what others have seen

I have been interested in near death experiences since I was a teenager and read Raymond Moody's first book. I know many say the things that happen to people during NDEs are just the brain misfiring as it is deprived of oxygen, etc., but it doesn't explain some things that happen. People have watched over what is happening to them in hospital rooms or at hospital scenes and later can give precise details.

One thing many report is the Light. Like one said, it seems to also reflect one's belief. Perhaps believers in Jesus, pbuh, meet Jesus. Believers in Buddha, meet Buddha. Not sure what that means for atheists, but I believe the Source that is experienced as Love-And-Light-Beyond-Description will be there for them also. There is a type of life review which seems to fit both the concept of karma and day of judgment.

If anyone knows of any good books or websites, I would love to know of them. Please share them. Thanks.

Noor
Old 08-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstone
I have been interested in near death experiences since I was a teenager and read Raymond Moody's first book. I know many say the things that happen to people during NDEs are just the brain misfiring as it is deprived of oxygen, etc., but it doesn't explain some things that happen. People have watched over what is happening to them in hospital rooms or at hospital scenes and later can give precise details.

One thing many report is the Light. Like one said, it seems to also reflect one's belief. Perhaps believers in Jesus, pbuh, meet Jesus. Believers in Buddha, meet Buddha. Not sure what that means for atheists, but I believe the Source that is experienced as Love-And-Light-Beyond-Description will be there for them also. There is a type of life review which seems to fit both the concept of karma and day of judgment.

If anyone knows of any good books or websites, I would love to know of them. Please share them. Thanks.

Noor

There are several sites consisting of near death experiencer's stories. I no longer have the links...sorry!

I had a NDE at a time by which I'd become an atheist. I saw no tunnel and/or bright light, or other deities or spirits. What little knowledge came to me seemed to have come from within. It really wasn't so much about what I saw as what I felt and learned in that short time...about unconditional love and the importance of what's inside rather than what you believe or don't believe.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:45 PM
simcau

Back in 2008 I had a dream in which I died. It wasn't the only dream I've ever died in, but it was the only one that I experienced an afterlife in.

When I had the dream I didn't believe in any kind of afterlife at all. My view was that when you die that's it, you cease to exist, so it was an usual dream for me to have, and over the years I was unable to shake it.

After my death in the dream I opened my eyes to find myself floating in a river. Other than the river, there was nothing else*, just blackness (it was almost like a black fog). But even though it was black with no source of light anywhere, it wasn't dark. I could see just fine. The river was about 30 feet across and flowed along at a decent pace, but not fast enough to get any white rapids. What struck me about the river though was that it wasn't wet. I realized I wasn't floating in the river, I was just floating. The river itself was actually only paper thin. It had no depth, it just the surface.

Upon closer examination of the river I discovered that it wasn't actually a water surface at all, but rather it was made up of many threads spaced closely together to form the illusion of a solid surface. It was similar to what you would see feeding into a weaving loom.

When I saw them, I instinctively knew that each of these threads represented a different set of my memories. One thread would be visiting with my grandparents. Another would be my time at one job. Another would be my pet rabbit, etc. Every set of my memories from my whole life were represented here, and I could touch any point on these threads to be able to relive that memory as though I was there again. I couldn't change anything, but I was able to re-experience it.

I learned I was able to visit other people who were also deceased, and that just by thinking of them I could see them in my mind to know what they were up to.

Near the end of the dream I realized that the memories of my life actually didn't reach very far down the river, and yet the river extended as far as I could see in both directions. This was because the river held all the memories of lives I had lived, and all the rivers I was still to live. I could experience any of them, and once I was ready, I would be able to return to life to begin that next one.

*At one point in the dream I did discover that there were 2 ceilings, and 2 floors, far above and below the river. Both extended the same width as the river, and while I could pass through the first ceiling/floor, the second was solid.

This was a very vivid dream, over the years I wasn't able to shake it. Less than a week ago I finally investigated it a bit through meditations, and what I experienced and saw during those meditations has caused me to abandon my view of there being no afterlife. That's what made me seek out this site and register.