Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 15-11-2016, 03:17 AM
Master
Hey, I'm back. Last week was just a bit of loosening up because I was off for 3 weeks, and it's my second week back in training, and I'm going to go hard with 2 visits to the gym a day, and eat a lot. Today I worked abs/obs and I'm just about to go and hit the chest. Abs isn't so much fun, but chest is always enjoyable. I'll just get some food into me first.
Old 16-11-2016, 01:08 AM
Master
I just got back from legs workout and I'm really going the full motion on squats, right down to the bottom, and up, getting the full depth. I stll tend to lean forward a little and feel the weight shift toward to the balls of my feet.

I followed this video as it was pretty helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAu6...PbGk&inde x=2
Old 21-11-2016, 04:46 AM
Master
I stepped up my training regimen, and it's hard on the body. I haven't been able to keep the routine because I tire out and need rest days, but I'm pretty determined to get to that next level of fitness.

I'm re-studying how to do all the exercises, and realising I was doing quite a bit of stuff wrong - or I could have bee doing things better - and that means the exercises are harder, but much more effective.

I minimised my rest periods to one minute, and I typically superset 2 exercises, one minute rest, repeat.

I like doing the bigger compound movements (now that I can) and these are more taxing as well.

I hurt my shoulder a bit, so that's mucked up my benchpress, but all the other presses and flys are fine. These shoulders have been giving me curry from day one, and it's a long process getting them working again. Because they are disproportionately weak, they can't cope with the overall kinetic chain of motion. I just keep working on it, and continue the gradual improvement.
Old 23-11-2016, 02:36 AM
Master
I met my first gym fool today. Funny story. I picked up a small dumbell for warmups and wen to an empty area of the gym to use it. A fellow pointed at me, so I looked at him and he said, watch out for my phone. I looked down to see the fellow had left his black phone on the black floor in the middle of that walking space. I said "sorry mate", becaise I didn't even see it and I had almost trodden on it. I thought he'd come get it, but he didn't. He just left it there and went back to training. I needed that space so I pushed the phone under the bench press thing with my foot so I wouldn't tread on it. The fellow then got irate and was like, "How you kick my phone" I was like "it's in the middle of the floor so I just pushed it where I wouldn't stand on it". He insisted I kicked his phone and I said you left your phone in the middle of the space I needed. I almost stood on it and you didn't pick it up, so I moved it away. He said I should have asked him to move it instead. I said you saw me almost stand on it and you didn't even come get it. Maybe if you left your stuff in the cabinets it would be safer. He was getting irate when he was lucky I didn't tread on his phone which he left in the middle of the walk space, so I figured he's a goose.
Old 23-11-2016, 07:14 AM
Master
I just got back from the gym. Dead lift is OK. I improved it by pulling my lats down tight before lifting it up.
Old 25-11-2016, 12:37 AM
Master
Seems the body is reacting to me stepping up the training by having these minor injuries. I think it's just a bit of an adjustment period so I push on through, but the bits of pain here and there are telling me to be careful.
Old 25-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Master
apparently my squat form is really good even in the eyes of a competitive bodybuilder. feeling good about that.
Old 26-11-2016, 02:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
apparently my squat form is really good even in the eyes of a competitive bodybuilder. feeling good about that.

Awesome. It is hard to get it just right. I've been practicing for ages and don't have it right. This week was terrible and I couldn't get it at all, but considering I couldn't even do the motion a month or two ago, it's still good.

I'm tall with long thighs and bones, so I'm not 'cut out' to be a natural squatter, but I can still do it, and with practice I will have much better form than most people do. I see a lot of bad form at the gym, and I don't want to be 'that guy'.
Old 30-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Master
It's hard to tell when the body is telling me I need rest time, or if it's just some lazy excuse, but I tend to stick with the program no matter what my mind or body says, and when it's time to train, no options, on second thoughts. It's time to train so train. I'm like, screw all this 'listen to the body' type of stuff. It can lift so I use it to lift. There is a training program and the discipline is 'stick with the program'!
Old 19-01-2017, 04:25 AM
Master
Wow, my squat range of motion is just unreal from the top, right to the bottom, and all the way up again.

Very weak at the lowest range of motion, so I am working on feeling the glutes engage fully and properly.

My deadlift is pretty good as well, but still a bit unco', so I'm trying to work out what's going wrong with that...

I think I'm just starting to get to the 'athlete level' now, and I realy look forward to working this all out, getting a really good technique, full mobility, and lifting more weight.

I found Brandon Lilly on u-tube. He's a good powerlifter, and explains things clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_rTA-k1hwI