Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 24-12-2010, 08:48 PM
wakingup

Shamanic book?

Hi, I am interested in learning more about shamanic healing at some point but for now its the how do I say this the....imagery, mysticalness of for eg. this passage....

Quote:
The training takes us from “victim” to “warrior”- a “warrior of the heart” who is testimony to the courage to heal and who shines with the luminosity of one who lives from their heart. In the Irish Shamanic tradition, there is no difference between the “heart” and the “soul”,

Knowing the Self as “Wounded Healer”/ “Wounded Warrior”
The Healing Shaman learns on the eternal spiral journey of life that his/her prowess as a healer (of
Self and others) is founded upon their consistent commitment to tend to their own wounds are they arise. Hence, we never arrive at a “fully healed” state and consider we no longer need to self-heal. We are “works-in-progress” constantly finding a greater and greater wholeness and we live from the positive rewards of this state. However, we make a commitment to “walk the way of the Warrior of the Heart”, a “Warrior” because of the honesty and courage it takes to self-heal and one who is “of the Heart”, because of the love and compassion we cultivate as we heal. The Warrior of the Heart is a person who have moved beyond the states of “victim” or “survivor” and is one who has no enemies in this life nor the next.

that really inspires me but I think if I buy a standard book on Shamanic healing it will be about altered states of consciousness etc..and I don't really want to learn about those things.I am just interested in some good fighting talk I think about mentally overcoming our own weakness.If anyone has any suggestion I would be most greatful.Thanks.
Old 25-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Master
Yeah I'd like to know of a basic shamanic book, I have no clue or some bit of a clue what shamanism involves but it seems to me very complex.
Spiritlite
Old 27-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Here are some book titles that may help you; they are the ones that I recommended when asked. I think the information in them good enough for me to warrant buying them for the person that works with me, to help him as a basic guide.

Shamanic Links by Adam Bear
This is published by Cappel Bann in the UK.

This is a book of the basic's and no its not all about altered states of consciousness, far from it as this book has got a lot of down to earth information for someone who wants to know more. Adam knows his subject as he studied it for years.

The other two books are
Chosen by the Spirits and Riding Wind Horses.
They were both written by the Mongolia Shaman Sarangeral. These again are good basic information and she wrote them before she died.

Contrary to popular belief Shamanic work is not all about taking something to cause altered states of Consciousness, some people do use this but many other's including myself don't. Also please don't get the Siberian and Mongolian Shamanic Traditions mixed up with the Native American Medicine Path. They are different and should be respected as such.
Old 27-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Yeah I'd like to know of a basic shamanic book, I have no clue or some bit of a clue what shamanism involves but it seems to me very complex.
Spiritlite

From my life experience, Shamanism, is about a special duty that an individual would fulfill for his or her tribe or clan. It is not something we can decide to do and IMO,when you really see what is involved, is not something most would want to do. It is a true life sacrifice and it is not a chosen duty...it chooses you.
What is equally interesting and extremely helpful, IMO, is to study shamanic practices, in particular, the art of 'Journeying'.
This practice, like meditation, can have a very deep impact on your life and those around you and you don't have to be a shaman to practice it.
It changed my life tremendously and now I have moved on from it.
Blessings, James
Old 27-12-2010, 02:05 PM
wakingup

Thanks guys.Much appreciated.

This is a really great documentary too thats well worth watching by anyone interested in shamanic healing.

w ww1.zmovie.tv/movies/view/the-horse-boy
Old 27-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Kapitan_Prien

You could try looking through samples in Google Books.