Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 09-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Lostgirl

Is this book/author any good?

To Ride A Silver Broomstick by Silver Ravenwolf ???

I saw it in my local bookshop and it looked quite good although i know the author isnt held in very high regards?!

Any thoughts? IS it worth the money?

Blessed Be x
Old 10-11-2010, 05:11 AM
SoaringSpirit

I'm not really partial to Silver Ravenwolf, however I do have one of her books and provided you know a bit about wicca/witchcraft already, I'd say her books can be okay. BUT if a person was learning about wicca/witchcraft, I would NOT recommend one of her books. I think that some of the stuff she says in her books is outrageous and the person reading them needs to know enough about wicca/witchcraft to know what is 'good' and what is 'bad'...
Old 10-11-2010, 05:45 AM
earthprowler

I used to have this book and I for one liked Silver. I think for beginners she is perfect to start out with. Although I'm not into the magickal much anymore she had been one of the top authors at the time. If anything, borrow it from the library so you don't waste your money if you find it's not for you.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:30 AM
Moon Willow

Hi Lostgirl - I own a book store so I get to see what alot of people like to read and get to hear their feedback, and with the Silver Ravenwolf books people seem to really, really like or really, really dislike them, there doesn't seem to be an inbetween?

I would just have a little look at it and see how it feels to you. I always let my books chose me and it hasn't let me down yet!

Love, light and blessings,
Moon Willow
Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Lostgirl

Thanks guys! i get the impression she is either loved or hated! I have one of her more advanced books about hedgwitchery and realised that taht path wasnt for me.

I saw the book and did really like the look of it. Looks like a great place to start. I love Scott Cunninghams books and they always make such sense to me but i want to get another book that has more exercises to help you along your way so i feel like im actually getting somewhere :)