Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 17-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Experiencer

What distinguishes a karmic connection from a twin flame connection?

Both a karmic connection and a twin flame connection are intense connections, and full of triggering, on and off stuff, etc.

So how do you distinguish between one or the other?
Old 17-02-2019, 04:37 PM
Master
Very good question and often confused with one another. The difference is mainly the goal and typically we don't know/feel that or not right away when the feelings are intense.
Maybe one good indicator is how ready you are yourself, where you are on your spiritual path. TFs are quite 'advanced' otherwise they wouldn't nor couldn't be ready for this connection and the higher purpose that comes with this relationship.
So if you're more wanting someone to be your TF or wanting to be able to say you're one/have met yours, that's more ego and not really indicative of being a TF. I'd say it is indicative of not being one.

Another thing maybe that TFs are each other's perfect complement. I don't think Karmic partners are, or not at the same level, or far less. Of course there'll be similar interests, but between TFs is entirely different.

Another possible indicator... TFs can and likely will express their love physically, but it's more experienced energetically.
It doesn't need to be that way with a Karmic partner, not the same way. With a Karmic partner one could also want/have to work through sexual issues and hangups (most of us have these, due to past life abuse, vows of chastity and so on).

But I think maybe the biggest indicator can be that with a Karmic partner the feeling/sense of being 'home' will develop cracks, cos these relationship can be very difficult.
With a TF there can also be mirroring -depending on the individual level of both- but the feeling of "home" won't be damaged.
After all, a TF connection is lasting whereas a Karmic one can be temporary, the goal being to balance Karma so you can move on on your spiritual path.
Old 17-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by olhosdeamendoa
Both a karmic connection and a twin flame connection are intense connections, and full of triggering, on and off stuff, etc.

So how do you distinguish between one or the other?

Well.
Karma needs to be defined first.
Often karma is used as a general term for all soul contracts, agreements, promises, consequences, debts, paybacks, repeating cycle, and etc etc

TFs also have promises and agreements. - that were made intentionally thru learning - as navigating through many shared incarnations and those physical challenges. These were made out of unconditional love to help and protect each other.
Some considers this as karma as well.

A Karma created between two souls by consequences from a certain action, inaction, and/or a certain situation (NOT by an intentional promise or agreement out of unconditional love as in TF) has a very different energy to it.
There is an emotional desperation and physical intensity that create a magnetic feel to it.
Once its karma is completed, the energy pull disappears quickly or slowly.
In fact, breaking such karma (not honoring, avoiding, and not repeating it) actually releases the energy that comes with the karma and the energy pull dissipates. So, it feels better to break it.
No more having the person in your head and in your energy space - once the karmic energy is gone. The energy pull disappears once one rejects or completes the karma. It is more of energy pull that ends with a physical connection, rather than an energy connection.

A TF soul connection has a shared energy vibration, identical energy frequency. parallel/synergistic life events, and similarity at deeper subconscious levels. Similarity is not at all on physical nor at conscious emotional levels.
It is a constant energy connection.
Plus, the way I see it, a promise/agreement between TF starts and continues in energy level or in astral space when not physically together.
So two souls work together and meet w/o our physical human bodies involved. - often we are not even aware of its going on.
It is on-going and there is not a targeted outcome nor end date. There is never an energy disconnect. We are always connected, no matter what we do.
A TF promise/agreement can not be broken at human level.
In fact, toying with it at human emotional level creates tremendous confusions and pain.
Old 17-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Knower
A twin flame experience will be overwhelmingly positive and mutual.
Old 18-02-2019, 08:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
So if you're more wanting someone to be your TF or wanting to be able to say you're one/have met yours, that's more ego and not really indicative of being a TF. I'd say it is indicative of not being one.
This is what I wanted to say in my previous post. 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
The difference is mainly the goal ...
Maybe one good indicator is how ready you are yourself, where you are on your spiritual path. TFs are quite 'advanced' otherwise they wouldn't nor couldn't be ready for this connection and the higher purpose that comes with this relationship.
This is also very true but at the same time, what causes the problems for lots of people.
People when told this way, start wanting to meet his or her TF so that he or she can finally become holy thing, engaging in divine relationship.
That's not how you meet yours IMO. That kind of mentality and attitude driven by your desire and self-interest won't carry you to" the next level".
You've gotta understand why you are getting the karmic/false ones.
You've got to take care of your own things first.

what you talked in the latter part is also true, but people can interpret its status subjectively so I won't talk about these just in case.
Because karmic ones can servs as your mirror just as much as your TF would do. It's just that what you see in your mirror (as yourself) will change.
It can be comfortable, more so in a way if that allows you to indulge yourself in pleasure of all kind, so as to escape from yourself/reality.
TF/SM can bring you real challenges to you because in order to see them, you have to face yourself/reality, whereas in karmic ones you could forever allow yourself not to by acting as someone else..

So I'm not necessarily seeing these relationships outside of your TF/SM evil since what is more important here is not avoiding them, but to know the reason why they are here for you in the first place. On the contrary, you need to see them in order to clear your karma. Make them turn into your angel, it's you choice. They are here for a reason and you've got to figure it out yourself.
Old 18-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Experiencer

I believe I have met my TF and we have been together since last year with a lot of triggering and push-pull.

I have met previously my fake twin and had many similarities with the TF now, but the main thing that distinguished both was that with my fake twin he would accept every single behavior of mine, even the ones that were not that good or positive.

He would always be there and tolerate everything, to the point I lost respect for him. There was no growth in it.

With my TF now is a whole different story. He doesn't tolerate any bulls*** behaviour from me, and has no problems in telling it to my face.

I've had to face a few not so good behaviours of mine that were old patterns and have had to change them or letting them go completely.

He triggers me in so much stuff and very often I am thinking this and that about him, but then have to come up to the heart and realise my bulls*** as well.

It's making me becoming a better and more mature version of myself.

And it's having the same effect on him, as in I don't tolerate his bulls*** either, and call him up on it.

This hasn't been easy for both, it's been very challenging, but I feel like I have had a massive personal growth ever since we met each other, very different from other previous relationships.

And yes, the love and connection is always there at all times.
Old 18-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Deactivated Account
That's all good to hear, olhosdeamendoa.

But quite honestly, you may need to forget about if he's your TF or not, at least for now. Believing he is is not really important at this point, I tell you.

If he's a wonderful person to be with, and if you both respect each other, there's already good enough reason for you to get to know him more, and it doesn't really have to be as your TF/SM IMO.
The reason why I ask if you are going to prioritize the relationship is that, people will forget about everything not relating to TF/SM often at the cost of the reality. You're busy digging it, and even if you believe you're only doing good to your partner(s), you may still be making others miserable by neglecting/mistreating them. To them, you're only becoming nothing but a self-centered individual who is only concerned with his or her SM/TF's happiness and personal/spiritual growth.

If spending as much time as possible with that person also brings the harmony with the people around you, the environment you are in in general then, that's a good sign, but even at that point, why would you need to know?
If you're just hoping that telling and convincing him that he is your TF helps solidify your relationship with him then, you're still doing the wrong thing here IMO. It will naturally happen, and only when it does, you can start seeking and exploring the divine nature of it by diving deeper, but then again, don't start with labeling it as a divine one first just because of the dramatic/miraculous setting of it to make this relationship you enjoy possible. Acting as a saint when one is not is one of the worst things people can do IMO…you must have heard of a story or two about those "spiritual masters" involved in DV/any destructive, abusive relationships...yes it's not easy to recognize your true self even you've gone through a bunch of trainings/hardship!

I just wanted to remind you (sorry it's not just you, sadly, but many people who are in search) that you are not really "using" these persons for your happiness nor personal/spiritual growth.
This is a matter of human relationship in general; If you develop any utilitarian approach to interact with people, thanks to the effort to meet your person of destiny, well, even if you may still get what you want, what sort of person will you eventually become without even being aware of it?

Please don't forget that by meeting the "right" one, you'll also be more accepting and spreading love among people around you,not just among your SM/TF and you're more than likely to be serving those people outside of your SM/TF relationship, not out of obligation/mission, but by following your heart, as well.
Old 18-02-2019, 01:18 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonLon
That's all good to hear, olhosdeamendoa.

But quite honestly, you may need to forget about if he's your TF or not, at least for now. Believing he is is not really important at this point, I tell you.

If he's a wonderful person to be with, and if you both respect each other, there's already good enough reason for you to get to know him more, and it doesn't really have to be as your TF/SM IMO.
The reason why I ask if you are going to prioritize the relationship is that, people will forget about everything not relating to TF/SM often at the cost of the reality. You're busy digging it, and even if you believe you're only doing good to your partner(s), you may still be making others miserable by neglecting/mistreating them. To them, you're only becoming nothing but a self-centered individual who is only concerned with his or her SM/TF's happiness and personal/spiritual growth.

If spending as much time as possible with that person also brings the harmony with the people around you, the environment you are in in general then, that's a good sign, but even at that point, why would you need to know?
If you're just hoping that telling and convincing him that he is your TF helps solidify your relationship with him then, you're still doing the wrong thing here IMO. It will naturally happen, and only when it does, you can start seeking and exploring the divine nature of it by diving deeper, but then again, don't start with labeling it as a divine one first just because of the dramatic/miraculous setting of it to make this relationship you enjoy possible. Acting as a saint when one is not is one of the worst things people can do IMO…you must have heard of a story or two about those "spiritual masters" involved in DV/any destructive, abusive relationships...yes it's not easy to recognize your true self even you've gone through a bunch of trainings/hardship!

I just wanted to remind you (sorry it's not just you, sadly, but many people who are in search) that you are not really "using" these persons for your happiness nor personal/spiritual growth.
This is a matter of human relationship in general; If you develop any utilitarian approach to interact with people, thanks to the effort to meet your person of destiny, well, even if you may still get what you want, what sort of person will you eventually become without even being aware of it?

Please don't forget that by meeting the "right" one, you'll also be more accepting and spreading love among people around you,not just among your SM/TF and you're more than likely to be serving those people outside of your SM/TF relationship, not out of obligation/mission, but by following your heart, as well.

I have been in a massive journey and mission on my own for a very long time, that involves being of service to others, as well as evolving on my own journey. I don't need any TF for that.

I was just pointing that since I've met him, I feel like I have evolved a lot in a short period of time.

And yes, I do like to know what the soul connections are and I like labels. It helps putting things into perspective and I have no problems with that.
Old 18-02-2019, 01:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by olhosdeamendoa
I have been in a massive journey and mission on my own for a very long time, that involves being of service to others, as well as evolving on my own journey. I don't need any TF for that.

I was just pointing that since I've met him, I feel like I have evolved a lot in a short period of time.

And yes, I do like to know what the soul connections are and I like labels. It helps putting things into perspective and I have no problems with that.
I said not as your mission...
So have you having a harmonious environment around you even when you were with your false/karmic ones?
I wasn't saying you use your TF to make everything around you better,
On the contrary, I was saying it's important not to "use" any relationships to make anything working for you. I was consistent in that in my statement.

So are you saying , for example, classifying your classmate as your friend helps you develop more friendship with him or her or something like that?
Or defining what friendship is helps you become their friend?
Without that classification and analysis, you’ll never be a friend to any of your classmate?

I mean, if you're finding what I'm saying is not helpful to get what you want (labeling), ignore mine then please. Maybe someone else can kindly help you out. Obviously you didn't get what I was talking about and I wasn't able to say something you wanted/needed to hear, either.
Old 18-02-2019, 02:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonLon
I said not as your mission...
So have you having a harmonious environment around you even when you were with your false/karmic ones?
I wasn't saying you use your TF to make everything around you better,
On the contrary, I was saying it's important not to "use" any relationships to make anything working for you. I was consistent in that in my statement.

So are you saying , for example, classifying your classmate as your friend helps you develop more friendship with him or her or something like that?
Or defining what friendship is helps you become their friend?
Without that classification and analysis, you’ll never be a friend to any of your classmate?

I mean, if you're finding what I'm saying is not helpful to get what you want (labeling), ignore mine then please. Maybe someone else can kindly help you out. Obviously you didn't get what I was talking about and I wasn't able to say something you wanted/needed to hear, either.

I'm not using any relationships to make anything work better for me... I was talking about the normal dynamics between people. I help him evolve as much as he helps me, naturally.

"So are you saying , for example, classifying your classmate as your friend helps you develop more friendship with him or her or something like that?"

Yes, absolutely. Although I don't believe that labels (or anything) is set-in-stone, I do love labels. They help me navigate through relationships and understand the dynamics better.

I don't understand why people are so affraid of labels or labeling something. I love it, makes me make more sense of the dynamics in this 3D world.