Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 PM
darkness

Just lost another girlfriend.. I seem to have the kind of luck of finding the seemingly "ideal" person, only to be let down in some way or another... I just hope I find my _______ soon.

<3
Old 11-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Guide
You will, darkness. You will.
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 12-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
A beautiful song about the broken-hearted.

Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes of the Broken-Hearted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zCz8SKmGek

I love that song too
Old 14-11-2011, 02:28 AM
Master
i lost ideal and so many others! shame all i wanted in life was love, for someone to really truly love me and care for me
Old 14-11-2011, 03:37 AM
sugarlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindheart
I'm sorry, I understand what you mean now. And I have been betrayed... more than once. Although I seem to let myself get betrayed... I'm naive and often don't want to believe that people can lie to, take advantage of or betray others. In my case, it's like I'm the one who holds on tight so they can stab the knife in deeper...........

I too am the naive one holding on so the ones I love can stab the knife deeper. I have reflected on that part of myself so many times! And my conclusion is always that I wouldn't change a thing. I suffer a lot of pain because of my stubborn believe in the inherent good in everyone and in everyone's ability to overcome the darkness in themselves - but I also see a lot of people see and get closer to their potential simply because I gave them the confidence of my belief. I know that my refusal to "be cautious" is seen as a negative and stupid thing to many people...but not to the people who have never had someone see their beauty. To me - that is worth the pain.
Old 14-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlight
I too am the naive one holding on so the ones I love can stab the knife deeper. I have reflected on that part of myself so many times! And my conclusion is always that I wouldn't change a thing. I suffer a lot of pain because of my stubborn believe in the inherent good in everyone and in everyone's ability to overcome the darkness in themselves - but I also see a lot of people see and get closer to their potential simply because I gave them the confidence of my belief. I know that my refusal to "be cautious" is seen as a negative and stupid thing to many people...but not to the people who have never had someone see their beauty. To me - that is worth the pain.

You know, my friend told me the exact same thing this weekend. I had met someone who knew my ex from having gone to school with him years ago. She asked me what I thought of him, and said I thought he was such an amazing person... she goes "oh, I think he'd a douchebag"... It just broke my heart. My ex truly is a wonderful person, so very kind and generous. Yes he struggles to find who he is and is obviously damaged from his past, and yes he was a troubled kid in school/high school (with reason), he still is a truly beautiful person. And he treated me like a princess, and still is fully here for me whenever I need him. I try not to talk to him as I need to move on, but sometimes I can't help it :( I miss him so much.......
Old 17-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Yassi

Everybody can consider himself/herself broken-hearted in some points
Old 03-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Guide
Here I have for you a song that has touched me, and I wish that it will give you hope...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk5kYjD9E1I
These are the lyrics that resonated with me:

"If love is a word, I don't understand.
Simple a sound, four letters.
Whatever it was, I'm over it now.
With every day, it gets better.
It gets better.
Are you loving the pain, loving the pain?
And with every day, every day I try to move on.
Whatever it was, whatever it was,
there's nothing now.
You changed.
New age."
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 11-02-2012, 05:53 AM
Aset90

Ruination

Nothing has ever felt like this. It hurts so much I feel like I must be repaying for something terrible I did in a past life. It sucks even more because its not something remotely current so there's not much I can do to fix it. I miss him daily
Old 11-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Reapy

Why is it every man I have a relationship with is hiding behind a mask? How difficult is it to actually be yourself from the very start of the relationship?!? It took 6 years and the birth of our child for me to see my husband for who he truly is. A small minded, selfish, paranoid man who was all for children until he realised he had to help raise her .

I try so very hard every day to not judge all men by the standards of the few I've dated, but it's so very difficult.

Am I so repulsive, hateful and worthless that the real, worthwhile men in this world don't want me? Am I doomed to forever get these false men who are only out to take?

**takes a deep breath** sorry about that , it didn't start as a rant, but ended that way. :O