Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-03-2022, 06:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohamfan11
Because when I was thin kundalini awakening happend due to which all my chakras get activated, but when I become obesed my chakras get blocked.
So you were thin but you are now obese. How did this happen?

If you became obese through overeating the wrong types of food then this would probably affect your energies. For example, a very tamasic diet would make the body sluggish. If all of your energies are going into digesting food then there is little energy to keep your chakras activated. And overeating keeps our consciousness firmly anchored in the physical.

In which case the obvious answer is to purify your diet and eat less. But I don't know enough about you to comment further.

Peace
Old 18-03-2022, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Why due to obesity I am not getting benifits of meditation?
This is an important question. I like what the others have answered so far. Have you thought about their answers and come up with any realizations of your own?
Old 18-03-2022, 04:22 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So you were thin but you are now obese. How did this happen?

If you became obese through overeating the wrong types of food then this would probably affect your energies. For example, a very tamasic diet would make the body sluggish. If all of your energies are going into digesting food then there is little energy to keep your chakras activated. And overeating keeps our consciousness firmly anchored in the physical.

In which case the obvious answer is to purify your diet and eat less. But I don't know enough about you to comment further.

Peace
I was in mild depression in year 2018 which had made me fat person.
Old 18-03-2022, 06:16 PM
Master

Quote:
I was in mild depression in year 2018 which had made me fat person.
So was it the case that you were eating for comfort and relief? Which is understandable, but unfortunately the nature of comfort food is that it tends to be not very healthy.

And if we are depressed then we are less motivated to do any exercise.

And also if you were in a state of mild depression then that would affect your energies and your meditation.

Have you completely recovered?

Peace
Old 19-03-2022, 06:52 AM
Master
Hello.

I'm a professional personal trainer and mindful meditator, and I find the physical, mental and spiritual dimensions you mentioned interesting. There a correlation between physical, mental and spiritual, so if you get a sense that your physical condition is inhibiting your spiritual growth, then I'd take that as an intuition which is reflecting how your mind/body/spirit balance is coming into play.
Old 19-03-2022, 10:44 AM
Guide
Lightbulb

Quote:
I want to achieve thoughtlessnes, and healing and activation of chakras
Here is a beneficial website that shows you the current state of your chakras, e.g. under/over developed and gives exercises to help rectify the imbalance. Click on 'chakra' test.
https://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/chakratest
Old 23-03-2022, 05:39 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So was it the case that you were eating for comfort and relief? Which is understandable, but unfortunately the nature of comfort food is that it tends to be not very healthy.

And if we are depressed then we are less motivated to do any exercise.

And also if you were in a state of mild depression then that would affect your energies and your meditation.

Have you completely recovered?

Peace
Yes I recovered but overeating is my habit now.
Old 23-03-2022, 05:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes I recovered but overeating is my habit now.
Glad to hear that you have recovered. Changing a habit can be very difficult - it helps to have something to motivate us.

Do you feel much motivation to meditate?

Peace
Old 23-03-2022, 08:16 PM
Seeker

I am currently depressed and on anti depressants, I am over weight by several stone. I have had a kundalini awakening. Kundalini was very active prior to my melt down. I am starting to balance my depression. I have started meditating again and my kundalini has started moving again. My question to you is ... What are you doing in a spiritual practice sense to get your chakras unblocked and your kundalini moving? It's easy to blame it on weight gain. State of mind is more likely responsible, I say this as someone who has experienced this. I would say doing the 5 Tibetan exercises may help kick start energy prior to meditation and help energy flow and help unblock the chakras if done daily, that would be my advice .
Old 26-03-2022, 04:37 PM
Pathfinder

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cally31
I am currently depressed and on anti depressants, I am over weight by several stone. I have had a kundalini awakening. Kundalini was very active prior to my melt down. I am starting to balance my depression. I have started meditating again and my kundalini has started moving again. My question to you is ... What are you doing in a spiritual practice sense to get your chakras unblocked and your kundalini moving? It's easy to blame it on weight gain. State of mind is more likely responsible, I say this as someone who has experienced this. I would say doing the 5 Tibetan exercises may help kick start energy prior to meditation and help energy flow and help unblock the chakras if done daily, that would be my advice .
I have diabetes also so my chakras are blocked I think so.