Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 25-02-2022, 07:32 PM
Guide

Homing Beacon the OM

Unconditional love makes absolutely sure that NONE of its CHARGES can ever
become lost and abandoned, so that infinite love and Divine intelligence makes sure that every expression of life has access to its homing beacon which is the mighty all powerful OM.

With us human beings it is vouchsafed within us in the heart chakra where it beats silently away, until we become sensitive to its silent inner signal, when we become aware of its PRESENCE we are then consciously being guided home to become a unified wholeness.

regards michael.
Old 25-02-2022, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael K.
Unconditional love makes absolutely sure that NONE of its CHARGES can ever
become lost and abandoned, so that infinite love and Divine intelligence makes sure that every expression of life has access to its homing beacon which is the mighty all powerful OM.
But what do people do that have no idea what you're talking about - hearing nothing?
Thinking you mean making the sound Om with your voice is 'the all powerful' Sound...)
Can you offer some help or direction? Thanks
We have many new people here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-02-2022, 11:39 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
But what do people do that have no idea what you're talking about - hearing nothing?
Can you offer some help or direction? Thanks
We have many new people here.
Thank you Miss Hepburn for your valuable input here.
The OM is not heard with the ears but rather the heart chakra, but one can chant out loudly the OM or AUM I often do myself as this affects and opens the inner connection, and sounding the OM loudly has an inner calming effect upon the whole body. The OM is a silent pulsation that is heard by the heart rather than the ears.

regards michael.
Old 26-02-2022, 02:56 AM
Master
Ohm (ॐ) as the beej* (*seed/root) mantra is the ‘Word’ Amen, Aum, pervading space. Our formless consciousness cognises this in the void as well as in form, when we are in rippleless stillness. We don’t have to go out looking for it. It is already there, omnipresent, as the cosmic vibration.

The sound Ohm ‘came to me’ as also did other mantras from time to time. In my view, if we search for something, we are doing and so interfering. In simply being still, attention poised and animated in unexpectant quietude, all that is needed to be imbibed will automatically in-pour from the universe, mantras, kundalini, empowerments etc., as the case may be.
Old 26-02-2022, 05:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael K.
The OM is not heard with the ears but rather the heart chakra, but one can chant out loudly the OM or AUM I often do myself as this affects and opens the inner connection, and sounding the OM loudly has an inner calming effect upon the whole body. The OM is a silent pulsation that is heard by the heart rather than the ears.
This is one perspective on the OM.

Another perspective is that what we may call the OM/AUM is an inner Sound which can be contacted in meditation. This is not a silent pulsation but a continual Sound. It is not heard with the physical ears. It may begin at the crown chakra and then descends into the body. It does not stop at the heart chakra but in deep meditation it reverberates through the entire physical body.

Peace
Old 08-03-2022, 11:13 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Another perspective is that what we may call the OM/AUM is an inner Sound which can be contacted in meditation. This is not a silent pulsation but a continual Sound. It is not heard with the physical ears.
Thanks for your input jamthat, all perspectives are valid I believe because how the Aum or OM impinges upon one is in a way unique to that seeker of the inner wisdom.

regards michael.