Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Greg

Evolutionary enlightenment

I bought this book off the internet called 'Evolutionary enlightenment' by Andrew Cohen, it looked very interesting. However I've read some other sources on the internet that he's manipulating of his students and very arrogant, so I don't know if I should bother reading the book.
Anyone read it or know anything more about evolutionary enlightenment?
Old 16-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Humm

What do his ideas have to do with his skills (or lack of) in relating to others?

Yeah, I don't know either - read the book, and judge his ideas on their own merits, if you ask me.
Old 16-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Greg

Seperate the message from the messenger kind of thing?
Old 16-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Humm

Well, at least check it out.
Old 17-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Mountain-Goat

I agree with Humm, make up your own mind or believe what others say, your call.

I rmember many years ago, my first few months of my christian walk. The preacher was warning his congregation to stay clear of a christian book as some who have read it, deconverted from the faith.
~checks memory banks ~
The seduction of christianity.

I so wanted to read this book to see wqhat the preacher was so worried about.
My gf was way scared and begged me not to read it for fear that i would deconvert.

I never got to read it, but after deconverting I got a chance to skim through it and saw that they were challenging the non christian practices that were slowly infiltrating the religion.
HAH ! Preacher wasn't concerned for his flock, he was confronted that his church was way off track from the gospel.
And instead of sorting his stuff out, chose to accuse the other of being in error..
Old 17-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
And instead of sorting his stuff out, chose to accuse the other of being in error..
HA! This is SO common - it just seems so much easier to blame someone else or avoid challenges to one's beliefs rather than to sort one's own stuff out.

Sad, but so common.
Old 17-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Evolutionary Enlightenment in our DNA? Part of the Plan? I'll say.

Patricia Cota-Robles: Val Day Newsletter http://eraofpeace.org

"...After the life-transforming events of 2011, Humanity entered the auspicious year of 2012 on a wave of unity consciousness beyond anything we had ever experienced. Now the Earth is receiving greatly amplified waves of Solar Light that are allowing our I AM Presences to activate our pineal glands and open our Crown Chakras of Enlightenment to new breadths. This is enabling people everywhere to hear the inner voice of their I AM Presence and the celestial guidance from the Company of Heaven in new and profound ways. This act of Divine Intervention is causing a powerful shift in the mass consciousness of Humanity. This miraculous event is reversing the adverse effects of our fall from Grace.

After the fall we fell into such dense frequencies of duality and separation that our Crown Chakras closed causing our spiritual brain centers to atrophy. That tragedy caused us to forget that we are supposed to consciously receive guidance from our I AM Presence and the Company of Heaven as we sojourn through our Earthly experiences. Our descent into chaos also caused our 12 strands of DNA to short circuit into the double helix DNA that our scientists are exploring. At a cellular level the fragmented double helix of DNA provides barely enough information for the
body to sustain brain consciousness.

Now, everything has changed! The transformation that has happened within the collective consciousness of Humanity during the past 25 years has provided us with a brand new opportunity. Our I AM Presence is at long last reclaiming dominion of our lives, and we are in the process of healing the fragmented circuitry of our original 12-strand DNA. Now we are ready for the next phase of the Divine Plan. This part of the plan will prepare every man, woman, and child for our Ascent into the 5th-Dimensional frequencies of our New Solar Reality. It will move us a quantum leap forward in our transfiguration from carbon-based planetary Beings into 5th-Dimensional Crystalline-based Solar Light Beings. A critical part of this Divine Alchemy consists of encoding the patterns of perfection for our New Planetary CAUSE of Divine Love into the Twelve 5th-Dimensional Solar Strands of DNA that our I AM Presence is NOW activating within us.

With Humanity’s conscious participation in this process of Divine Alchemy, our I AM Presence can easily recalibrate and encode our DNA with our new planetary cause. These patterns of Divine Love reflect the Immaculate Concept of the 5th-Dimensional Realms of Solar Light that we are Ascending into.

Scientists used to believe that our DNA was stationary and stagnant. We now know that our DNA is a shimmering, waveform configuration that is being modified by Light, Solar radiation, magnetic fields, thoughtforms, and sonic impulses. When our I AM Presences collectively imprint the genetic codes for our 5th-Dimensional Planetary CAUSE of Divine Love onto our DNA, these patterns will ignite every cell in our bodies and be secured in the nucleus of every atomic and subatomic particle of Life on Earth. Once this is accomplished, suddenly and miraculously nothing will be the same.

The NEED OF THE HOUR is for all of us to join hearts and minds as we download the programs from the Causal Body of God that will encode our DNA with the patterns for our New Planetary CAUSE of Divine Love...."

(Just ask)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
HA! This is SO common - it just seems so much easier to blame someone else or avoid challenges to one's beliefs rather than to sort one's own stuff out.

Sad, but so common.
Self - the final frontier.
And the thing is, well it's what i began to notice about myself, that when i accused the other, if i took a quick peep inside while glaring at the other, i could see it was actually a tactic to avoid myself.
I became aware of my own self avoidance programs that were up and running.

At first, I was ashamed of these dysfunctions\weaknesses, but then once the emotions settled,
as a natural explorer i wanted to understand what the hell was going on.
So i went and had a look and discovered that allof my discovered wacky behaviour was due to damage from past experiences.
That all i gotta do is gain understanding of how the mess functions and fix it.
And now, a few decades later, this AC is pretty darn good.
Just about fully restored, a few blemishes here and there, but a fine vehicle to hoon around it.
Lovingly restored.
Old 17-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
Self - the final frontier.
And the thing is, well it's what i began to notice about myself, that when i accused the other, if i took a quick peep inside while galring at the other, i could see it was actually a tactic to avoid myself.
I became aware of my own self avoidance programs that were up and running.

At firast, I was ashamed of these dysfunctions\weaknesses, but then once the emotions settled,
as a natural explorer i wanted to understand what the hell was going on.
So i went and had a look and discovered that allof my discovered wacky behaviour was due to damage from past experiences.
That all i gotta do is gain understanding of how the mess functions and fix it.
And now, a few decades later, this AC is pretty darn good.
Just about fully restored, a few blemishes here and there, but a fine vehicle to hoon around it.
Lovingly restored.
That's awesome AC.

For myself, I notice on occasion I still tend to to say 'So and so made me do blah blah because he's avoiding looking at his own dysfunction' or things like that, which tends to self-reinforce certain perceptions.

Not very good of me, but there ya go.
Old 17-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Mountain-Goat

In the context of social conditioning, we live in a social environment of analysing others but not ourselves.
And it's reflected in the words we speak.
It's become so common to think\speak this way that when an alternative is presented, it's met with various adversarial mechanisms.

Prime example.
My mum constantly(no exaggeration) says, "you are upsetting me"
in response to me simply sharing my opinion about something...even a trival thing.
I haven't even said anything about her or her opinion, just gave mine.

I calmly share, that she is choosing to be upset.
This just makes her more upset because this points to the idea that her life is created by her, not others or experiences.
That her feelings and negative thoughts are her responsibility and are controled and chosen by her and not by external things.
She is upset because she has had a glimpse of her lack of self control and the realization that her suffering life must also be her doing.

No doubt, being in an interactive environment, that the external force, person or event, is part of a person's experience that manifests the response.
But people think they can't respond any other way and that the external force is all that is causing the suffering.
They think it's normal or natural to get upset when another insults and there's no other way to respond.

And with mum, she even thinks it's insane\irrational\illogical to not get upset.
As you have said, avoiding self is enhanced\justified because the other has faults too.
There is this social conditioning of "Hey fix your problems up first before interacting with me"
"The problem with this interaction is you, not me."

Even the concept of social conditioning is taking one's eyes off oneself.
"Society made me this way."
Self awareness sorts out self's problems, and when one is clear, or even when one begins to see the clearing effects, one then unquestionally sees that things look a lot different once ones own inner clutter is removed.
And this is not to say the other is not messed up at the same time.