Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 09-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Master
What is the link between pendulums and dowsing ?

i see pendulums and dowsing have been put together under the same SF category.

May i ask what the similarity is between pendulums and dowsing, because there is a purely scientific answer of how dowsing works and how it can be performed easily by non-spiritual people.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:57 AM
Master

As you know - dowsing is usually thought of as searching for water with a forked stick being held and which will point to the ground when there's water.

I think they've been put together for convenience although a pendulum can find you water by using a map.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I think they've been put together for convenience although a pendulum can find you water by using a map.
Oh yes, that makes sense now. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
As you know - dowsing is usually thought of as searching for water with a forked stick being held and which will point to the ground when there's water.

Great answer but to expand that a bit, although yes, traditionally dowsing was for water
...'dowsing' is asking a question you cannot rationally know the answer too ...which if course encompasses dowsing for water ...when it comes to dowsing with pendulum - you are connecting with your higher self, allowing your intuition to guide you. There are many uses of the pendulum, and dowsing is ONE of them - do not confuse it with speaking to your guides or other entities ...a great site to learn from is Discovering Dowsing (you will have to Google it as I cannot post links yet) ...they also have a FaceBook group ...you'll learn a lot there.

Just FYI ...a pendulum can locate water if you can deal with it outdoors (no wind & patience) - I have used it to locate earth energies ( which water is one of), no map used. But like I said just FYI
Old 28-06-2015, 08:51 AM
Knower

A pendulum or rods are only tools. There is no inherent property in them that can dowse. You are the one doing the dowsing. I pick pendulums based on weight and ease of manipulation. ( darning needles work really well) Most of the time I dowse with nothing at all.
Old 28-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatulum
A pendulum or rods are only tools. There is no inherent property in them that can dowse. You are the one doing the dowsing. I pick pendulums based on weight and ease of manipulation. ( darning needles work really well) Most of the time I dowse with nothing at all.
So you must have a lot of copper in your bone marrow allowing the electrons to freely move from the Earth to your hands (exposed nodes).

Do you often accidentally shock people frequently with static electricity when you touch them ?