Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-03-2022, 11:58 PM
jaminhealth

Good grief, people need to do some good service to others.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:56 AM
Master

Somehow many people have the idea that reincarnation, no matter in what form, has to do with a god.

Nature however, seems to get along quite well with its recycling programmes. there is nothing that doesn't come from the Earth/earth and stays. Everything converts back to its original state so that dandelions can grow on it. There's nothing supernatural or godly about it.

There may well be a delayed end as far as non-organic objects are concerned, these were non-existent in the world until humans came along but nevertheless even your PC will at some time in some way turn into a pile of soil.

Our planet will recycle as will the whole universe. Any 'time factor' is not applicable in the nature of things. The atoms of which you consist will be constantly reused and will at some time be an elephant. We all have a couple of atoms in us which once belonged to Napoleon.

It would be nice to think that awareness, if not something belonging to the material world, over rides this recycling process.

That's the real question.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 07-03-2022, 10:01 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
According to my somewhat now tatty book 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead', I will, and of course you will, have to be very aware of not returning into this world as say an animal.
While that might work in linear time, time is either non-linear or doesn't exist depending on whether your perspective is science or Spirituality.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:47 PM
Master
QUOTE 22 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Somehow many people have the idea that reincarnation, no matter in what form, has to do with a god.

It would be nice to think that awareness, if not something belonging to the material world, over rides this recycling process.

My sense is that you are probing to go deeper and, if I am understanding you correctly, I love the direction where this could go. Please elaborate more.

EDIT: I just saw your previous post about your "tatty" Tibetan Book of the Dead and, now, I REALLY would love it if you would elaborate more.
Old 10-03-2022, 09:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 22 EXCERPT

EDIT: I just saw your previous post about your "tatty" Tibetan Book of the Dead and, now, I REALLY would love it if you would elaborate more.

I wouldn't know where to start Still Waters.
But why don't you get hold of a copy of the book, its content will give you food for thought for many years.
It is basically a reflection of the workings of the human mind and puts a completely different perspective on this thing we call 'life'.

But you'll have to ruminate!

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

- Mark Twain.
Old 11-03-2022, 04:49 PM
Master
QUOTE 25 EXCERPT:

Quote:
It is basically a reflection of the workings of the human mind and puts a completely different perspective on this thing we call 'life'.

I am actually quite familiar with the Tibetan Book of the Dead, and consider myself fortunate to have had a lengthy one-on-one dialogue in-person with a Tibetan Buddhist monk who literally watched his master raise a monk from the dead to "properly" guide him through the Bardos (death transitions). He was interested in my NDE and I was very interested in what he had to share.

On the subject of death and dying, I consider the Tibetan understanding of 'life' to be both practical and verifiable. My 7-day visit to Lhasa in the 1980s obviously left a long-lasting favorable impression on me.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 25 EXCERPT:

I am actually quite familiar with the Tibetan Book of the Dead, and consider myself fortunate to have had a lengthy one-on-one dialogue in-person with a Tibetan Buddhist monk who literally watched his master raise a monk from the dead to "properly" guide him through the Bardos (death transitions).

My 7-day visit to Lhasa in the 1980s obviously left a long-lasting favorable impression on me.

I'm jealous, jealous but thankful that there are windows of all kinds which open onto/into a universe that is full of potential. If we care to look we can see, every day, those moments when we give to or get feedback from the universe. There is a continuous dialogue taking place. We need to keep our tools sharp.

- Mark Twain.
Old 13-03-2022, 10:29 AM
Master

Re incarnation a animal

Quote:

While some may brand it as belief and i don't have any issue whatsoever with it,for me its real possibility that human can re-incarnate as animal.

During our lives our spirit develops unique attributes for various array of spiritual qualities. All these gives a unique quotient( like RGB numbers producing unique number ) for which there are suitable species. Our next birth takes places in a specie suitable for this quotient.

Further for nature humans is just an animal specie with somewhat better ability to develop language using better lip syncing movements producing repeatable sounds, document it n pass it on to next generation better. With this humans have been able to build an entire array of arithmatic,algorithms,logic n sciences. So humans may be feeling special.But in fact if u see humans are weak specie which needs 20+years to find a gainful living to sustain him/her,1+year to walk. Many species do it far earlier.

With this seemingly very small advantage come hidden yet tremendous advantage ability to develop self. If humans don't develop this in his/ her life,then human life is a more burden (strenuous schooling,college,finding n retaining sustainng partner,facing family ,community national,international problems....) which can only be relived in other species.

What one call nature for recycling is itself God with consciousness. While everything is auto pilot in God's scheme of things,at times based on universal necessity this consciousness steps in n can do virtually anything.
Old 13-03-2022, 05:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Further for nature humans is just an animal specie with somewhat better ability to develop language using better lip syncing movements producing repeatable sounds, document it n pass it on to next generation better. ...
This seems to consider the human being just from the dense physical perspective.

When we consider the possibility of subtle bodies (koshas) or the supposed very different chakra systems of humans and animals then there is a very real distinction between the human kingdom and the animal kingdom.

Peace
Old 14-03-2022, 06:15 PM
Master

humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This seems to consider the human being just from the dense physical perspective.

When we consider the possibility of subtle bodies (koshas) or the supposed very different chakra systems of humans and animals then there is a very real distinction between the human kingdom and the animal kingdom.

Peace
Definitely there is difference between humans and animals . That's where we have evolved to supposedly n unassailable state compared other species . I too love being human and feel great and am grateful for the gifts of being human. Even among animals there are different levels when compared to their traits (like dogs as loyal , elephants as sharp and emotional , lion with prowess )

Being human also comes with lots of problems (education/employment/relationships /family/community/health / money/power/position / name /fame etc) . So those who have not developed capacity to deal with it nicely may feel uneasy being human . And nature just eases this burden when it gives next incarnation as animal to relieve one of one's burden . It's not as punishment . For nature all species are still equal with humans having varied and different traits and capabilities.