Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-01-2012, 05:40 PM
EastDream

Stuck in these social circles of society

I don't know adequately what I am trying to say, but I'll do my best. Let's face it the world is not a compassionate place. People are nasty by default; many times a shrewd face and demeanor are the only defenses people know, and default to them. There exist social circles and clicks where the transcendant ideas that we practice "don't exist" in regards to universal compassion, a good natured centerdness radiated to all beings and people.

Since i've changed, its not like the world has changed. But I've changed to try to become more compassionate and open myself up to these negativities every day so that I may be even more spiritually strong. Basically what this thread is about is I don't want to play the games or put on an act or act even a certain way. I grow tired of that forceful and really 'negative' hostile energy (and it is a hostile energy, because by default it is defensive). I always want to be real and these games get old. What is also hard is that in many ways; I feel I am expected to adopt some of these behaviors or ways of acting or being in order to fit in, or be seen as normal. They are normal group behaviors. This I find most hard to deal with, common to so many people - I think they are not even conscious of it. What happens when you become conscious of them, and decide you want to change them?

I just don't know what to make of this. Do any of you have any thoughts? I find it hard to be myself, when it seems like people misconstrue it as awkwardness, and seem to regard me funny because I don't "play the games" of society by resorting to subtle forms of nastiness, defensiveness, or clickish behavior; that seems almost like protocol so that people may feel comfortable in it. I am trying to throw off, the cloak of sarcasm, biting wittiness, etc. Literally cleanse them from my being. I feel that they are so commonplace to society as to almost be a part of the culture! Infact - I know that this is true. I also know that many people are numb to these in one form or another; and do not readily see them as anything bad, but really..idle banter or just joking, etc. But i am getting serious about my practice - I am getting to the root of all things, wishing to see them as they are...and these; even if people do not see them as they are; they are negative energies and must not be enforced. I feel that many times, I am greeted by a feeling of general nastiness from people in my daily life, defensiveness....even sometimes rudeness. it is all a hardness we have come to accept as normal in society. I find this very difficult to deal with. Honestly I am tired of receiving it, as well. Although I do my best not to throw that energy back, or to get anger from it; because then I know I will be infected with it just as well. It will defeat my entire goal of what I am trying to do; how I am trying to be. It's really, really hard. It's not so much that I'm afraid of it, I just don't wish to really play these games that everyone seems to want to do. I find them tiresome and exhausting; and I always feel they are pointless. Why can't we be open to one another? They surpress themselves....natural energies abound. And you can really - if you are attentive in an emotional or even spiritual sense..its very basic to see someones energy. And most of the energies I see; they are closed off, hostile, almost insecure....as if wounded and ready to pounce on anyone who does them wrong - expecting the worst. ironically - this does bring out the worst in most people. The buddha recognized the interconnectedness of all things, beings. So as you can see this is a disaster! We are all going in a circle with it!
Before I encountered Buddhism, I was always sort of like this. I never understood the need to try and "act" a certain way..and as I look around with a pure heart and a pure consciousness - I can see so many people appear to be acting! Almost everyone...a stifled expression, fake expression or forced demeanor that doesn't strike me as natural at all?

How hard it is to be natural and yourself when the world around you is at it is. What can I do? Should I just give up ...and get used to acting like everyone else seems to do? I almost think ..it might be more comfortable that way. At least I'd fit in with people. But - I'd still be lonely.