Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 11-02-2022, 10:38 AM
Master
US travel restrictions could be part of many not being there, both sellers and buyers.
The shop I'm always talking about normally goes there, it's their largest purchase each year. But now they haven't been able to for 2 years in a row because of the pandemic.
Yet, they have loads of new crystals in on a very regular basis. It makes me wonder if they'll even go to Tucson again after this is all over. Okay, you have the fun of that, making new connections even maybe, but also the cost and hassle of travelling over there and stay & keep.

It has been said by some that the more we get to 5D living and communities, the more we will buy locally. Much less travelling of people and less air/sea shipments, which would hugely benefit the planet.
The pandemic has helped that trend and made people get creative and find other means.
Curious how this will pan out in the future!
Old 12-02-2022, 05:28 AM
Master
There is some serious talk that Tucson might become the Gemstone capital of the World. It already appears to be the capital for rocks and crystals.

This year, I met one chap from Israel who claims he has one of the largest rock/crystal stores in Israel. And then there is one chap from South Africa who sold millions of crystals, minerals and gems. He brings a lot of merchandise which shows up at various other shows around Tucson.

Today, I saw one person buy about 25 flats of Faden Crystals. Actually, the person bought all that the vendor had! This type of sale seems to be more the norm then the exception at these shows.

Some of the major buyers, are people selling on-line. Unfortunately, this hurts the 'brick and mortar' stores which are having, in some cases, a hard time. Can you imagine, having to buy your food and clothing on-line and having it delivered? Times.... change.

The way some are talking, we just might be able to own see pictures of crystals, gems, minerals, etc. in the future. Who knows.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-02-2022, 11:09 AM
Master
Not surprised people buy a lot. That's why you go there to begin with. This Dutch shop buys so much there normally that it can tide them over for at least a year. They've at times also bought the whole lot of a certain crystal, usually a new find. Meaning they were at the time the only ones in the world to have that in their shop, hihi.
The bummer is they cannot always get a second batch in then as it tends to concern rarer crystals. Or the second batch isn't the same quality because it is rare.
So if you really want something you have to make sure to buy from the first batch!

And it not evolving around physical fairs so much at the mo has advantages as it opens up new doors: currently a lot of new finds are coming in from Pakistan. These have an entirely different energy!
Old 12-02-2022, 04:15 PM
Master
Most dealers, if not all of them, don't always put out their best on the first day. They generally put out some new stuff every day so as to keep some people coming back each and every day. Those that have expensive crystals, virtually always put them out the very first day, but then, their crystals are very slow movers but even that is not necessarily true. A couple of years ago, an Amethyst Geode sold for over one million dollars and that was sold before the shows began!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-02-2022, 04:55 PM
Master
I've not been there myself, doubt I ever will, but reading their blog is always very interesting as that way you learn how they go about it and get to see photos etc.
You can of course go for the default crystals, and average or below average. They're only after new and/or high vibrational crystals. So buying entire barrels without knowing what's in them isn't always handy for that.
In one blog she said that they offer a seller to help unpack as he didn't have time for that as it was incredibly busy. So the seller is happy with the free extra help to get his stuff out on display, in turn they get to pick and choose the good quality / high vibrational crystals from the lot.
Meaning their approach gives them first choice from the unpacked stuff.

Now going there myself doesn't interest me really. What I do find interesting is the way they've built up a network over the years. There are sellers that keep their best quality crystals aside for them. And a direct link with the owner of the Mt Shasta mine. That I find interesting as I'd so love to see that mine!! That owner doesn't sell to many so it's a privilege indeed.
The same with the owner of the healerite mine. Which is maybe even more peculiar as I thought this knucklehead Robert Simmons has put his claim on the stones? But the mine isn't his so a tad odd.

Anywho, that's the kind of thing I would want to experience, hihi.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:38 PM
Master
Toward the end of the shows, I looked over one chaps stuff probably for the 100th time. I was surprised nobody had not looked on the bottom side of some Tourmaline specimens. Under some of them were some really nice formed aquamarines.

Old 13-02-2022, 02:49 PM
Master
Met a Docent from a new, Gem and Mineral Museum in Tucson which might end up being the best class of Museum of that type in the World.

She claimed the Museum 'begins' with emphasis on history as it pertains to Gems and Minerals. I mentioned to her about a 1736 silver find which was considered to have been a Treasure Trove in which one piece of silver, found on the surface, was found that weighed about 2500 pounds. The Silver was so pure, that coinage could be pressed from the Silver. There was speculation that the Silver was part of the wealth owned by Montezuma. Being there is a tremendous amount of documentation available about that event, I would not be surprised that gets added to the Museum.

That event can also be tied to mining adventures in southern Arizona, the first newspaper in Arizona and the desire to get more land from Mexico which were all connected to mining and the 'beauties' that come from the Earth.

Old 20-01-2024, 04:00 AM
Master
It is that time again for all of the gem, mineral, crystal shows to begin in Tucson, Arizona. All of these shows combined produce the largest shows of its kind in the World.

I have been going for about 30 years. It has become this kid's paradise...... indeed.

Old 20-01-2024, 06:50 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
It is that time again for all of the gem, mineral, crystal shows to begin in Tucson, Arizona. All of these shows combined produce the largest shows of its kind in the World.

I have been going for about 30 years. It has become this kid's paradise...... indeed.

Would be great to record a full
tour on phone and upload it on youtube then post it here or in a new thread
Old 20-01-2024, 10:35 AM
Master
Some of the owners of my favourite crystal shop will go there again this year! They couldn't go for a few years due to America's C demands on travellers.

They have plenty of other ways to get their crystals as their network has grown to be vast over the years.
But Tucson is of course a nice place, and some things they couldn't get hold of because they couldn't go to the US.