Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 31-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I totally agree with you.

I think that people need to have the power to determine their own course of action, and that means they shouldn't be coerced. Empowerment is quite simply having knowledge of what's available, then seeking information about it before rushing in.

Any doctor will agree diet and exersize is very beneficial, who wouldn't... and in this day and age, acupuncture and alternatives like yoga tai chi meditation massage and more have become formalized in physiology... and a person's treatment is taken quite holistically.

HERE though, is an internet forum... I mean, it's really not a sound option for the treatment of depression.

I've got no problem with that. My main issue is taking on Meds without looking into other less insidious alternatives. I've spoken to many people who have been on Prozac for decades after initially being perscribed them for depression.
Old 31-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I've got no problem with that. My main issue is taking on Meds without looking into other less insidious alternatives. I've spoken to many people who have been on Prozac for decades after initially being perscribed them for depression.

Yeah, it does become a problem. I never took medications and i don't do drugs anymore, but I know individuals who were prescribed medications for mental illness and became addicted, and now take much more than any prescribed dose... and that's made things much much worse for them.

Persaonally, I think medication only suits chemical imbalances, and trauma caused conditions are better treated through some kind of therapy, but that's just an amature opinion...

Wow... and the kind of drugs they prescribe to young children... I wonder about that really.
Old 31-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yeah, it does become a problem. I never took medications and i don't do drugs anymore, but I know individuals who were prescribed medications for mental illness and became addicted, and now take much more than any prescribed dose... and that's made things much much worse for them.

Persaonally, I think medication only suits chemical imbalances, and trauma caused conditions are better treated through some kind of therapy, but that's just an amature opinion...

Wow... and the kind of drugs they prescribe to young children... I wonder about that really.

I know life can go extremely pear shaped after trauma and once depression kicks in you can start dealing with very heavy stuff but in most cases if we remain as conscious as possible throughout we have a very real opportunity of not only coming through the other side, but also instigatimg great change as a result of shedding all the emotional weight.
The medical profession in most cases has an unbalanced way of looking at the area of mental health, simply because to effect great change requires great insight and patience.
One other practice that is beneficial is meditation, for obvious reasons.
Old 31-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
I know life can go extremely pear shaped after trauma and once depression kicks in you can start dealing with very heavy stuff but in most cases if we remain as conscious as possible throughout we have a very real opportunity of not only coming through the other side, but also instigatimg great change as a result of shedding all the emotional weight.
The medical profession in most cases has an unbalanced way of looking at the area of mental health, simply because to effect great change requires great insight and patience.
One other practice that is beneficial is meditation, for obvious reasons.

I haven't seen that... and what I have seen is, very skilled people who study and learn psychology/counselling over years, and have vast experience and promising success rates, and persist with their clients for extended periods of time. One member said they went to one for a few weeks and it was extremely beneficial... but realistically speaking... issues like depression take much longer to overcome; and sometimes it's just clinical imbalance in brain chemistry. Many sing the praises about how anti-depressents saved them.

I think it's too easy to become biased toward something or the other, and being 'spiritual people' we'd like our own flavour to be the friggin miracle cure... but I believe it's of grat importance to be highly aware of own preconceptions so that they don't interfere in another person's self determination...

The OP, if sincere, would do well to start studying in a real university, because it takes several years of intense training to qualify in treating depression.
Old 31-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I haven't seen that... and what I have seen is, very skilled people who study and learn psychology/counselling over years, and have vast experience and promising success rates, and persist with their clients for extended periods of time. One member said they went to one for a few weeks and it was extremely beneficial... but realistically speaking... issues like depression take much longer to overcome; and sometimes it's just clinical imbalance in brain chemistry. Many sing the praises about how anti-depressents saved them.

I think it's too easy to become biased toward something or the other, and being 'spiritual people' we'd like our own flavour to be the friggin miracle cure... but I believe it's of grat importance to be highly aware of own preconceptions so that they don't interfere in another person's self determination...
The OP, if sincere, would do well to start studying in a real university, because it takes several years of intense training to qualify in treating depression.

I sill only speak from my own experience but I will try orthodox methods at first. If I feel after a while that thinhs aren't moving then I will look further.
Spiritual or otherwise there are emotiional and chemical imbalances at play with depression and quite frankly if you expect that someone is gonna do it all for you then you will find yourself spending a big chunk of you life down a hole.
Like any occupation there are people workimg in the industry with varying degrees of proficiency.
Old 31-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
I sill only speak from my own experience but I will try orthodox methods at first. If I feel after a while that thinhs aren't moving then I will look further.
Spiritual or otherwise there are emotiional and chemical imbalances at play with depression and quite frankly if you expect that someone is gonna do it all for you then you will find yourself spending a big chunk of you life down a hole.
Like any occupation there are people workimg in the industry with varying degrees of proficiency.

There are bad eggs. That's too bad, and I'm aware of very shallow practitioners who muck about at the symptom level... these make the person feel better for a while... but the roots are still underground, so to speak.

The problem is, depressed people aren't motivated to do the work, I mean consistent routine isn't easy for the best of us ay?

It seems someone needs to really hit the wall, hit rock bottom, to find that inner do or die resolve, before really striving to climb out of the pits... I guess we've all seen some pretty deep holes in our time.
Old 31-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There are bad eggs. That's too bad, and I'm aware of very shallow practitioners who muck about at the symptom level... these make the person feel better for a while... but the roots are still underground, so to speak.

The problem is, depressed people aren't motivated to do the work, I mean consistent routine isn't easy for the best of us ay?

It seems someone needs to really hit the wall, hit rock bottom, to find that inner do or die resolve, before really striving to climb out of the pits... I guess we've all seen some pretty deep holes in our time.

Yeah. It's all about baby steps and catching your second wind.
Old 31-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I totally agree with you.

I think that people need to have the power to determine their own course of action, and that means they shouldn't be coerced. Empowerment is quite simply having knowledge of what's available, then seeking information about it before rushing in.

Any doctor will agree diet and exersize is very beneficial, who wouldn't... and in this day and age, acupuncture and alternatives like yoga tai chi meditation massage and more have become formalized in physiology... and a person's treatment is approached quite holistically. It's improving at least.

HERE though, is an internet forum... I mean, it's really not a sound option for the treatment of depression.

But, I think people have been subtly coerced for decades into thinking the only way is to see their doctor. And I can assure you, although there are more forward thinking and open minded doctors, they are few and far between. This means most people still don't get a full overview of their options because the doc just prescribes some pills and tells you it will be fine.

You tell people to try something different and they get scared. Because they have been brainwashed into staying in the box.

What the OP is offering is one possible option as to why someone suffers from depression. How valid it is often first depends on your own personal beliefs. If you don't believe in these energies you will poo poo it whether it is accurate or not.

I would suggest that this thread is more a case of "buyer beware" in that the people that take up the offer have to take responsibility for what they are doing.

I know, if they are depressed it is possible that they may be desperate, but sometimes the "I'll try anything" stage finds answers. Yeah, they may pin all their hopes on this being an answer and they find it's not, but what difference is there between that and finding pills don't work or they get the wrong therapist (used as an umbrella term for speech based practitioners) and they don't help?

So I suggest that there is nothing inherently wrong in what the OP is suggesting as long as it is clear that this is one possible cause of the depression.

For me, my depression is caused by a lack of sunshine and being forced to live away from the natural rhythms of the seasons. It is unlikely that the OP's method will work for me, but living in my childhood home it might have had a great effect and made my childhood better.

Who can say what will and what won't work unless we try it?
Old 31-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I haven't seen that... and what I have seen is, very skilled people who study and learn psychology/counselling over years, and have vast experience and promising success rates, and persist with their clients for extended periods of time. One member said they went to one for a few weeks and it was extremely beneficial... but realistically speaking... issues like depression take much longer to overcome; and sometimes it's just clinical imbalance in brain chemistry.

Would that be my post?

If it was I'll share more.

I was in a bad relationship which led to me being depressed amongst other things. The reason my choice of relationship was so bad was because of the harm done to me by my first boyfriend along with my relationship with my father. I made choices and took actions that led to me being with the wrong guy.

In the few weeks that I was seeing Charles he had me work on my relationship with my father but he also, in the space of 15 minutes in one session led me to let go of the damage I was clinging onto from my first boyfriend. Yes there had been weeks working up to it, but he helped me go from wanting to literally kill him on sight to be able to accept that he was also damaged and that I didn't need to define myself by what he did to me.

I think I was seeing Charles for something like 12 weeks and the healing that occurred in that time was immense. Yes, there was a lot more work to do and I was still in the bad relationship 6 years later but he worked miracles with me and was amazing!!!

I am now out of that bad relationship and married to a great guy. I don't know if I could have done that without the foundation that Charles gave me!
Old 31-08-2012, 08:14 PM
I love my Twin Soul

I started this thread because I felt I was being guided too. I was considering going of the Forum after trying to help people that had written in that said they were feeling very down and needed help to find a way out. Like I said before in one of my posts, if people think this is a bad Thread to have on here I will ask for it to be taken off. I know some of you would just rather sit back and do nothing,ie,offer smart remarks. However I am sure the caring ones of you would like to help lend a hand. I am getting nothing out of it. I just though that if someone was living and or working somewhere that was making them feel worse maybe I could help them at least consider it. I didn't start the Thread to upset people. My Soul is fill of love and I feel that someone out there might need some of of it turned in their direction. However the main purpose of the Thread was to make people aware of what is out there that could be dragging them down. I don't profess to be an expert, just someone who has gone through it, At least now when I get down a bit I know where to look to find what is causing it. Maybe some of you who sit there and criticize would be better looking to see how they could help someone, spread some love to someone who needs it. I have spent about 16 years studying this on people and animals and I can assure you it is very wide spread around the world. Like I said, I am not an expert but at least I am willing to try to help, are YOU. Love and Light, Clarrie.