Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-01-2011, 04:25 PM
petalouda

Dealing with 'troublesome' books

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of having a clear out and have a book which I'd ideally like to get rid of but I'm not sure how to do it - sounds easy eh? The book (bought for me) is essentially spells for 'love and success' but like many Pagans I'm not comfortable with these type of spells so I've never used it. As such I don't feel comfortable selling it or 'jumbling' it as I normally would and it seems a shame to bin it or burn it. Whatever I do I don't like the idea of putting this information 'out there', so any advice on how to move this book on responsibly would be much appreciated.

Regards...Peta
Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Master
Why not recycle it? It's made of paper, yes? The circle of life and all that

Old 06-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Yes I agree with Kaere and try to recycle it.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Master
Sounds like a good idea to recycle it.

I also have some old books I'd like to get rid of (contains conspiracy)..
Selling them or giving them away might bring it to the feeble minded.

You might never know what effect it has on others, and I don't believe it's worthy to take that risk.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Ivy

you could get all of your books together in a big pile and put a nice throw over them...hey presto...a magic coffee table :-)
Old 06-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Gauss

I would recommend you to burn it so that it can not harm any people.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
you could get all of your books together in a big pile and put a nice throw over them...hey presto...a magic coffee table :-)
I could bury some Donald Duck comics under the ground, in a chest.
If people will find it 3000 years from now, maybe they think it describes the gods..

Ol'Scrooge as the capitalist god..
Daisy Duck the goddess..
Gladstone Glander for those who seek luck..
Gus Goose as the god of laziness..

May sound shocking but I really think it's possible.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Ivy

Lol, it doesnt sound too far fetched to me....in 2000 the world and his wife buried time capsules...I can't wait to see how furure archeologists interpret it...now wheres my time machine..
Old 06-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Ivy

Ok..Im back ;-)...in 3000 years from now ofcourse, the earth has long been blown to smithereens...but on the planet jubbly the residents found a floating capsule whilst out on a space mission....and over the years they have come to worship Doreen Jones from the lost planet of Castle Road...and every Sunday they take a bite of the yorkshire pudding and drink the sacred vodka, whilst chanting ppppoker face pppoker face ma ma ma ma.

lol, sorry, I got carried away there.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:31 AM
petalouda

Thanks all.

I like the coffee table idea Heather - thoughts now trailing onto bundling up hubbies clothes (he has way too many!) and making a 'bean bag' in the corner of the bedroom!!

Yes, I'll definitely go with the recycling - I'm a bit of a 'greenie' anyway. I had considered burning but worried about the concepts within wafting into the world. Recycling will literally 'remake' the troublesome text into something new.

Love and light...Peta xx