Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-02-2017, 04:44 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Just my opinion.

~ J

You are very humble. Thanks for your encouragement and Love.

I created a thread called "Synchronicity" in Spirituality - if you have time, I'd be interested in your opinion as I do find it difficult to maintain an awareness of practice orientation during what are most often very very busy days.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:31 AM
Master
Thank you for your kind thoughts since I last posted, especially Jyotir, who took the time to post those well thought out, true and inspiring replies.

I feel now, it all goes back to Buddha's 'Middle Way' in regards.

For example, I was spending like 3-4 hours daily on SF, whereby I realised that if I posted what I want to/need to and check it like once a week, instead of 2-3 times daily, I'd be much better off.

Just taking time offline to read, do journal work, actually reflect on things posted, instead of formulating an immediate reply..

Also realising those who say something negative about somebody else is more often than not, a projection.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Also realising those who say something negative about somebody else is more often than not, a projection.
thoughts themselves get "projected" into the world.
so, just thinking "negative thoughts" projects negativity.
which i why i concentrate on only considering rainbows and pink unicorns.
[just kidding]
ALL thoughts belong to a 'universal mind', and each serves it's purpose
in the expansion of consciousness.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
thoughts themselves get "projected" into the world.
so, just thinking "negative thoughts" projects negativity.
which i why i concentrate on only considering rainbows and pink unicorns.
[just kidding]
ALL thoughts belong to a 'universal mind', and each serves it's purpose
in the expansion of consciousness.

HORACE, perhaps I should PM this; as the other two above threads seem to be in conversation with others not posted in the whatever it's called.

I totally agree about thoughts creating the energy (positive or negative) of what we think.

Would you universal mind be what I call collective-consciousness? Which I feel has expanded into a chaotic state on earth. I deeply feel this is in GREAT part the scattered beliefs of billions of people thinking THEIR take on spirituality. I'm obsessed with the thought that if people could unify on the belief that thoughts create an energy and if all had the understanding that spirituality is simply an energy humans can't fathom in it's entirity. BUT it's energy that governs life. Period. It's not a million different this or that.

Am I crazy or believing the impossible could ever happen?!?

Since I won't go back to every thread you've responded to, I will PM you a note.

Enjoy your rainbows and pink unicorns :) ~ And I'm only kidding :)

Be well,
Joyce
Old 12-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Master
yeah, i reckon that 'universal mind' and 'collective-consciousness' are two terms for one idea.
we might parse out distinctions if that would serve any good purpose for discussions.

obsession isn't a quality often associated with clear, well-balanced thinking,
so i suggest caution be used when exploring in that direction.

i figure that it IS crazy to believe that impossibilities are possible...
it's also crazy to believe that divine will could or would devise an
impossible challenge to be confronted with. (all things are possible.)

Old 12-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Knower

Being a hippie =/= Being a spiritual
Old 13-02-2017, 01:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoGronn
Being a hippie =/= Being a spiritual
Maybe being a hippie =/= being spiritual, but a lot of hippies would consider themselves to be....so then it falls to other people, like you to say 'you are a hippie and therefore you cannot be spiritual' by illogical inference.

I guess that spirituality, like beauty, is in the 'eye of the beholder' if it's not within the original person.

For example, you take any 'guru'...we'll take Osho for this exercise.

You will have many who will say that Osho was a fraud, a fake and not spiritual whatsoever because he didn't live up to their high expectations of what a 'holy man' should be all about....and it would be impossible for any human being to live up to their expectations...

You'll also have many who follow Osho, who believe in him and his teachings who would say the exact opposite, that Osho was a self-realised man - a very spiritual soul and won't listen to others who just hate him because 'haters gonna hate' anyway without any provocation or logical reason for doing so. They ask others "why do you hate Osho" and others will say "because he is a fraud" so they say "why is he a fraud?" and others will say "because he is". Yeah, haters gonna hate...simple as that.

So, is Osho any more or less spiritual? Only Osho would know that, and anybody else who has actually taken the time to learn and study...maybe make up their own minds.

So, for everybody who is/says they are 'spiritual', you will have one person who will agree, one person who will disagree and a million others who just wouldn't give a damn whether you are or not.

That's the reality of it all.
Old 13-02-2017, 05:21 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Maybe being a hippie =/= being spiritual, but a lot of hippies would consider themselves to be....so then it falls to other people, like you to say 'you are a hippie and therefore you cannot be spiritual' by illogical inference.

I guess that spirituality, like beauty, is in the 'eye of the beholder' if it's not within the original person.

For example, you take any 'guru'...we'll take Osho for this exercise.

You will have many who will say that Osho was a fraud, a fake and not spiritual whatsoever because he didn't live up to their high expectations of what a 'holy man' should be all about....and it would be impossible for any human being to live up to their expectations...

You'll also have many who follow Osho, who believe in him and his teachings who would say the exact opposite, that Osho was a self-realised man - a very spiritual soul and won't listen to others who just hate him because 'haters gonna hate' anyway without any provocation or logical reason for doing so. They ask others "why do you hate Osho" and others will say "because he is a fraud" so they say "why is he a fraud?" and others will say "because he is". Yeah, haters gonna hate...simple as that.

So, is Osho any more or less spiritual? Only Osho would know that, and anybody else who has actually taken the time to learn and study...maybe make up their own minds.

So, for everybody who is/says they are 'spiritual', you will have one person who will agree, one person who will disagree and a million others who just wouldn't give a damn whether you are or not.

That's the reality of it all.

What I meant was yes all hippies are spiritual but not all spirituals are hippies.
Old 13-02-2017, 05:28 AM
Master
Ah, okay then.
Old 13-02-2017, 06:08 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

For reference, from Jurgen Ziewe's website

Key characteristics of an awakened consciousness:

• Attention is focused on the present moment.
• Enhanced sense of reality and increased discriminatory powers.
• Persistent feeling of being “Home”, regardless of where we are.
• Enhanced aesthetic appreciation
• Spontaneous peak experiences in
everyday life
• Enhanced empathy with fellow men
• Nonjudgemental attitude.
• Increased creativity and joy in engagements which benefit others.
• Awareness of a benevolent presence, which may be referred to as “God”, “Higher Self”, “Guide”, “Guardian Angel” or simply the presence of a universal consciousness.
• No fear of death.
• Detachment from conflicts and enhanced modes of dealing with them.
• Dreams are more coherent and often lucid
• Lack of attachment
• A feeling of Sovereignty over ones life and destiny
• Indifference towards roles in society, such as status, acclaim, fame, position, wealth etc
• Authentic, accessible, benevolent, empathic, sense of humour, tolerant, perceptive, wise
• Purposeful and rewarding relationships without attachments or dependency
• Perception that every moment is new. Reality is not seen as repetition even though apparent repetitive events occur.
• Disinterest in psychic abilities although they may arise
• Disinterest in following a “spiritual” path
• Regarding dream life as important as waking life and visa versa.
• Modest and content with the ordinary
• Impartial, detached, peaceful, objective
• Ability to adapt and experience any viewpoint from the viewers perspective.
• Not considering themselves as enlightened