Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 13-08-2015, 09:46 PM
Master
What kind of yoga class focuses on spirituaity?

I'm in good physical shape, I'm really just interested in finding a yoga class that will help me develop spirituaity.

Most around here seem to be quite "worldly" or 3d.

Any style names that would give me a sign I am looking in the right direction?
Old 14-08-2015, 08:13 AM
Deactivated Account

Kundalini.
Though,i believe all styles of yoga are good spiritually however Kudalini may be what you are seeking.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 14-08-2015, 06:28 PM
Master

Ashtanga yoga would be a good choice to begin with. I think you should check out various yoga studios and see which include/emphasize spiritual aspect of yoga.
Old 16-08-2015, 02:20 AM
Master
Thank you! I just got a kundalini yoga book and will check out a few studios.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:22 AM
Ascender
Yes, I am practicing Yoga works as a preparation for Ashtanga yoga; and has helped me alot in my spiritual path and to balance my life in general. And I think the yoga studio/teacher that you find affects alot. At first I was doing yoga in some other studio but it didn't felt right, it didn't had the spiritual vibe I was looking for. Then I found my current studio and I felt right since the first day. The good thing is that they probably will let you do a first class for free, in that way you could try some options and choose :).

"He had brought her back to life. She had been like a caterpillar in a cocoon, and he had drawn her out and shown her that she was a butterfly" Ken Follett
Old 09-10-2015, 01:41 AM
Master
I actually found a yoga institute and I'm hooked.
Classes are an hour and a half long, and consist not only of the physical aspects but what chakras each pose is for, and include meditation time, and the yoga mudras.

I'm feeling quite blessed. now if I could find a pilates studio that was equally serious. I'm in lulu lemon hell for pilates studios. :)
Old 09-10-2015, 02:36 AM
Ascender
That's great to hear, it sounds pretty good :)

"He had brought her back to life. She had been like a caterpillar in a cocoon, and he had drawn her out and shown her that she was a butterfly" Ken Follett
Old 14-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Suspended
You need a good teacher. Most yoga teachers I know are more into the fashion and exercise. If the teacher is living yoga as a spiritual practice (a good sign being some ref to the Yoga Sutras) then all will be well. In my own experience, a good teacher will be taking you slowly and mindfully through the asanas. Nothing rushed or hectic.

For people in the UK, I recommend teachers who are trained by the British Wheel of Yoga. They will have some foundational training in the sutras and the Indian core spiritual principles.

So, trial and error really. Go to some yoga classes and see which teacher you connect best to.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:53 AM
Nettles

How spiritual it is is up to you. Everyone is a teacher since everyone has something to teach, whether or not one learns is also a choice. Trust your instincts and bear in mind that a good teacher will show you where to look but will not tell you what to see.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
I'm in good physical shape, I'm really just interested in finding a yoga class that will help me develop spirituaity.

Most around here seem to be quite "worldly" or 3d.

Any style names that would give me a sign I am looking in the right direction?

I've recently been asking this question also, but have not managed to find a local group. Most of them seem to concentrate on the postures and relaxation only.