Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-05-2023, 06:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
People refer to Jesus as God
and the one who created Jesus as God.
I would say Mary created Jesus. The body anyway. She did give birth to him. She named him as well I assume or Joseph named him.

Luke2:7 "And she gave birth to her firstborn son. And she wrapped Him in swaddling-cloths, and laid Him in a manger."

I think Jesus answered the question about God himself:

Luke 18:19 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

and

John 7:16 Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me.

So where does all the confusion come from? Jesus states he is not God above.

Maybe from quotes like this:

John 8:19 Then they asked him, “Where is your father?”

“You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also."

Some would say, oh that means Jesus is God. If you know one you know the other. Others would say it only means Jesus was perfectly manifesting God's nature, unconditional love, non-judgment (Jesus sure judged the Jewish leaders though.)

So who said Jesus was God if not Jesus? His followers did! The ones creating a new religion after Jesus ascended off this planet. They said Jesus was God.

John 20:28 “Thomas said in response, 'My Lord and my God! '” John 21:17 [Peter said,] “Lord, you know everything….” Colossians 2:9 “In Christ the fullness of deity resides in bodily form.” Colossians 1:15+16 “He is the image of the invisible God, the first born of all creatures.
Old 30-05-2023, 02:10 PM
I would think back then...they didn't know where the sun went, what stars were, comets, electricity...
so a man that did all the things Jesus did and spoke with such authority would be considered God,
does not surprise me.

I read a lot - and a lot of channeling from Yeshua ...seems he is still doing what he did all the time while here..
pointing to the Father. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-05-2023, 06:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Colossians 1:15+16 “He is the image of the invisible God, the first born of all creatures.
That scripture seems to imply Jesus was the first born of creation. In Christianity, some claim a lot of scriptures were fulfilled when Jesus died.
Those thoughts imply Jesus was created and when in the flesh, actually died. How are those thoughts reconciled If Jesus was actually God?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 30-05-2023, 07:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
How are those thoughts reconciled If Jesus was actually God?
My belief is consciousness, awareness, whatever one calls this experience of "being" or that which "is this" or "am I" or "does this" has a very complex structure and amazing abilities.

A metaphor for me would be take something like an orange the fruit. An orange is made up of individual atoms. Scientists say there are over a million atoms in an orange. A million individual atoms all together make an orange.

I think trillions or more "atoms" (using a metaphor) of consciousness make up God. I think every soul is like one "atom" of God. I think everything that is conscious or aware has a particle of God with varying aspects of God. So to me Jesus and all conscious life is God. The temporary physical forms these conscious "atoms" reside in are not God in my opinion. It is matter which has a lower vibrational frequency than God in my view.

To me, spirit is in this physical world. To me, spirit is not physical but resides within the physical. I see our true selves, awareness, as spirit. Though it does seem to have a weight. At the exact moment of death, you, me, and everyone else, will lose precisely 21g in weight. Perhaps the weight of one "atom" of God.
Old 30-05-2023, 09:37 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I would say Mary created Jesus. .

I have confusion about Mary…..specifically because of these scriptures:

John 19:25-27
Matthew 12:46-50
John 2:1-5
John 20:13-16

I see detachment when Jesus addresses her as ‘woman’…why not instead as ‘mother’ which would be more intimate ? It gives rise to Gnostic beliefs of a celestial mother which points to Sophia understandings. And why in 20:16 would Mary recognize him as Rabboni ? Furthermore why does the John 19 scripture identify his mothers sister as being named Mary ? Would it have common to give sisters the same name ? For me this all adds up to something which raises question marks. By the way in John 20 Jesus tells ‘Mary’ that he is returning to his Father and identifies Him as also being her father.
Old 31-05-2023, 06:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Furthermore why does the John 19 scripture identify his mothers sister as being named Mary ? Would it have common to give sisters the same name ? For me this all adds up to something which raises question marks.
'Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.'

Mary the Wife of Clopas is supposedly the 'Sister in Law' of Mary the Mother...

In John 2:4 The Greek for Woman does not denote any disrespect.

[Quote Mo] "And why in 20:16 would Mary recognize him as Rabboni ? "

John 20 is referring to Mary Magdalena who recognized Jesus as Rabboni (Teacher), not Mary His Mother....

Last edited by sky : 31-05-2023 at 07:13 AM.
Old 31-05-2023, 07:20 PM
Master
Jesus is God enough to help me enormously, unlike any other beings who claim to be God or who are claimed to be God.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 31-05-2023, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Jesus is God enough to help me enormously, unlike any other beings who claim to be God or who are claimed to be God.
Curious, is that because you pray to Jesus?
If so, have you prayed to anyone else?
Krishna claimed to be God...have you ever prayed to him...to be able to know?
Your logic seems to be if someone helps you enormously he is God enough.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-05-2023, 09:46 PM
Master
I have prayed and bowed down to all manner of beings - from Sathya Sai Baba, to Krishna to Yahveh, to the Goddess etc.

Jesus seems to be the only one who is 'there' or is listening.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 31-05-2023, 09:50 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I have prayed and bowed down to all manner of beings - from Sathya Sai Baba, to Krishna to Yahveh, to the Goddess etc.
Jesus seems to be the only one who is 'there' or is listening.
Thanks.
You answered my question exactly!