Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 12-08-2015, 04:33 PM
Master
The Morrigan.
Avalon, Raven, Crows, no doubt about it.
I have worked with her for a number of years. Look into the Raven medicine. This might help you understand a bit more.
Keep your wits about yourself. When I was investigating The Morrigu, I stumbled upon a Yahoo group that was dedicated to her. I was happy, as there's pretty little to find on her. But soon I noticed all the ppl of that group were really on the dark side. Very negative, almost like lost souls. And I know that's quite the statement to make, but most of them were.
I got out before I got in too deep. Another lesson learnt, the lesson being that I had to trust my own gut instinct and Inner Knowing.
Morrigan / Morrigu is a Goddess with many aspects, she's a Triple Goddess, and there definitely is a dark side to her. But also a beautiful, healing side. Connected to fresh water etc. Mother Goddess according to Irish lore or the Tuatha de Danann (Not entirely sure anymore cause sometimes I get confused by all these legends and stories.).

Just make sure you don't get sucked into the really dark side, which is really truly dark. You needn't fear darkness, a lot can be found there, and learnt. But you have to make sure you're strong. That way you can endeavour there and still get out.
Raven can help you (again, look into Raven medicine).
Old 12-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Master
Oh, and want to add to that: it's the Celtic legends that portrait her as a Dark Goddess, a warrior goddess, the Goddess of Death etc.
But there is far more to her than that. So delve in deeper, don't just stick to those stories. She's not just a dark goddess. She is incredibly powerful though. So respect is in order :p
Old 12-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Knower
FairyCrystal, I have learned that you don't choose The Morrigan, that The Morrigan chooses you. Did you find that to be the case with yourself?

I also read/learned that she chooses people who have gone through trials, tribulations and hardships which may be why most of those people in that group seem dark.

I do not fall into any of those categories, but I feel a great sense of feminine empowerment when learning about her.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Master
Yes, it is indeed my experience that she chooses you.
The people in that group were truly lost. All had suffered great trauma and were stuck in that trauma. Their way of dealing with it was to latch on to The Morrigu and revere her. They'd made themselves like slaves that had to do whatever the Goddess wished them to do, no matter what. They all only saw the dark side of the Goddess. As far as I'm concerned it seriously equaled Satanism. (Long story, but trust me, it was seriously creepy!)

The Morrigu is much much more than just a dark, war goddess. She is a Mother goddess, also strongly connected to healing and fresh water.
Maybe that aspect is better portrayed by Morgain in "The Mists of Avalon".
Personally I feel that if you latch on to just the one aspect of a God/Goddess, you may miss out on another important aspect. You subject yourself to imbalance that way.

But I suppose she comes to each for a reason and possibly that reason is connected to just one aspect. But... if she calls you and whispers "Avalon" I doubt it has to do with the dark aspect (only)?

And yes, feminine empowerment ... absolutely! That to me is also connected to the healing and Water part.

Some also say she is the Queen of Fairy. But somehow that doesn't resonate 100% with me. In another way it does, but again it feels like that's just another aspect. And I sometimes work with the Queen of Faery, and I must say it is not Morgain/The Morrigu, although the Queen of Faery is also extremely powerful.

So sometimes I feel it's all a huge puzzle, and I got a lot of pieces, but can't work out how to put them all together.
Old 13-08-2015, 07:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
The Morrigan.
Avalon, Raven, Crows, no doubt about it.
I have worked with her for a number of years. Look into the Raven medicine. This might help you understand a bit more.
Keep your wits about yourself. When I was investigating The Morrigu, I stumbled upon a Yahoo group that was dedicated to her. I was happy, as there's pretty little to find on her. But soon I noticed all the ppl of that group were really on the dark side. Very negative, almost like lost souls. And I know that's quite the statement to make, but most of them were.
I got out before I got in too deep. Another lesson learnt, the lesson being that I had to trust my own gut instinct and Inner Knowing.
Morrigan / Morrigu is a Goddess with many aspects, she's a Triple Goddess, and there definitely is a dark side to her. But also a beautiful, healing side. Connected to fresh water etc. Mother Goddess according to Irish lore or the Tuatha de Danann (Not entirely sure anymore cause sometimes I get confused by all these legends and stories.).

Just make sure you don't get sucked into the really dark side, which is really truly dark. You needn't fear darkness, a lot can be found there, and learnt. But you have to make sure you're strong. That way you can endeavour there and still get out.
Raven can help you (again, look into Raven medicine).

Thank you FairyCrystal.Since I had the call I been looking into it and yes, I do believe and feel The Morrighan is the one who called me.Wether it is a Wicca/Pagan or Native American road I need to travel does not really matter to meI bought two books about the Dark Goddess.One is called Journey to the Dark Goddess by Jane Meredith and The Morrigan by Morgan Dalmer.Hearing the call for me means a transformation and I can feel it happening.I am not a dark person but I do go to dark places at times.As for Tuatha de Danann, I will look into that too, the name rings a bell.I think it is linked to Tir na nog?

I look forward working with Morighan.
Old 13-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Master
Aoitha : ref Tuatha de Danaan - there is lore concerning these entities. When the dry North Sea plain flooded after the last Ice Age, the Hunter-Gatherer tribes of the plain [ a cold, flat tundra ] followed the grazing herds and their other predators off the plain, both to the east and to to the west. Those tracking west found a damp, gloomy forested land, a folded land bordered by cliffs with ravines leading inland. A land much different from the familiar flat tundra. A new life had to be established involving clearing parts of the forests - this was the beginnings of animal husbandry and agriculture. The shaman of the tribes began to explore the forest [a very scary place] and found that it was not empty, they found another humanoid race which they named the Green Men aka The Green Spirits of the Forest. The shaman noted that there were "places of power" in the forest - natural features in the landscape. Eventually, the shaman made peace with the Green Men and were taught the secrets of the places of power. This knowledge survives to day in the Cunning Folk and the Hedge Witches.
The secrets of iron arrived in Britain and the clearing of the forest accelerated - destruction of the Green habitat ! Over time, the Green Spirits became estranged from Man and left the realm of Man to retreat to their own realm which we now call the Spirit Realm.
However, the Green Spirits and Man were capable of interbreeding [ look it up in the bible ! Angels lying with the daughters of Man !] and hybrid races were born who maintained contact with Man AND STILL DO TO THIS DAY ! There were the Tuatha, sometimes referred to as a Sidhe. If you study British mythology, you will find the lore concerning the Green Spirits to be common throughout history and the Tuatha aka Hob aka Robin aka Robin o' the hood aka The Green Knight aka .........
So, have I just told you a fanciful tale or have I told you the truth ? I am of the Cunning Folk and a Hedge Strider, so make up your own mind.
Old 13-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Aoitha : ref Tuatha de Danaan - there is lore concerning these entities. When the dry North Sea plain flooded after the last Ice Age, the Hunter-Gatherer tribes of the plain [ a cold, flat tundra ] followed the grazing herds and their other predators off the plain, both to the east and to to the west. Those tracking west found a damp, gloomy forested land, a folded land bordered by cliffs with ravines leading inland. A land much different from the familiar flat tundra. A new life had to be established involving clearing parts of the forests - this was the beginnings of animal husbandry and agriculture. The shaman of the tribes began to explore the forest [a very scary place] and found that it was not empty, they found another humanoid race which they named the Green Men aka The Green Spirits of the Forest. The shaman noted that there were "places of power" in the forest - natural features in the landscape. Eventually, the shaman made peace with the Green Men and were taught the secrets of the places of power. This knowledge survives to day in the Cunning Folk and the Hedge Witches.
The secrets of iron arrived in Britain and the clearing of the forest accelerated - destruction of the Green habitat ! Over time, the Green Spirits became estranged from Man and left the realm of Man to retreat to their own realm which we now call the Spirit Realm.
However, the Green Spirits and Man were capable of interbreeding [ look it up in the bible ! Angels lying with the daughters of Man !] and hybrid races were born who maintained contact with Man AND STILL DO TO THIS DAY ! There were the Tuatha, sometimes referred to as a Sidhe. If you study British mythology, you will find the lore concerning the Green Spirits to be common throughout history and the Tuatha aka Hob aka Robin aka Robin o' the hood aka The Green Knight aka .........
So, have I just told you a fanciful tale or have I told you the truth ? I am of the Cunning Folk and a Hedge Strider, so make up your own mind.

Were they not people of the Goddess of Dana, some call them fallen angels or the red haired people.Maybe The Tuatha represent what we want to see...or believe for that matter
Old 13-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Master
Always that way, Aoitha.
Old 13-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoitha
Thank you FairyCrystal.Since I had the call I been looking into it and yes, I do believe and feel The Morrighan is the one who called me.Wether it is a Wicca/Pagan or Native American road I need to travel does not really matter to meI bought two books about the Dark Goddess.One is called Journey to the Dark Goddess by Jane Meredith and The Morrigan by Morgan Dalmer.Hearing the call for me means a transformation and I can feel it happening.I am not a dark person but I do go to dark places at times.As for Tuatha de Danann, I will look into that too, the name rings a bell.I think it is linked to Tir na nog?

I look forward working with Morighan.
Indeed to do with Tir na Nog :)
Old 14-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Indeed to do with Tir na Nog :)

Looks like I have some research to do:)