Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Master
Very good question~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
Any thoughts?

What i mean is, noticing negativity is giving negativity value, right? A complete waste of time... i should say giving it attention. Noticing is somethin else.

I guess by 'noticing', you mean acknowledging...?

I think it's a 'good' thing? Heh...

I am very familiar with negativity/darkness/what-have-you, maybe perhaps because my sign is ruled by Saturn?

There's a whole lot of psychobabble about negativity, depression, etc. maybe because IF some-thing that normally exists in our lives is deemed a 'disease', opportunists can claim to have a 'cure', and rake in money and build influence and power.

Old 17-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
Any thoughts?

What i mean is, noticing negativity is giving negativity value, right? A complete waste of time... i should say giving it attention. Noticing is somethin else.

Gemcrusader - I think one attaches value, personal value to everything experienced in life. It’s as if the human mind likes to categorize so that things fall into some sort of semblance. Noticing the negative can be a means to change an outcome and make it positive. Who doesn’t like positive things to happen in life, but it’s the in between times where there is unpleasant lulls that allows one to appreciate the positive. I believe we grow more on a personal, intellectual and spiritual level more so during negative events in life than the positive. I recall once a young man that said he never had to experience any hardship in life and so he felt at a disadvantage with his friends that had experienced turmoil. He didn’t feel like he ever acquired coping skills for the eventual hard time that fell upon him. In his case he noticed the lack of negativity and that bothered him. I guess it’s all in the way you look at negativity.

Blackraven
Old 17-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Master
opposites contain that which they oppose. positive thinking is a reaction to a negative state (negative in the sense of pointless rumination on the bad stuff) and so contains it...im repeating myself, ive said those exact wyrds before. id guess that understanding and awareness contain or need neither a positive mindset or its opposite, which are 2 and the same any way. the thing with positivity is it tends to put a spin on reality. it has the feeling that everything HAS to be ok. healing and understanding can release great turmoil that positivity can block from occurring. and its also a bit victorian...soldier on, chin up, stiff upper lip lads, over the top, bam! theres effort in positivity, you can feel it, and wheres theres effort theres wear and tear.

the highest form of awareness, or the only form of actual awareness in any real sense at all, is from a point of negation (la vie negative, the great negation, wu wei), which is the way of the avatars as i see it. but this is not the same as negativity.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 17-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Mystica

Negativity brings progress. It deserves as much praise as positivity. In fact, they are one and the same. Blocking or ignoring negativity only leads to much more destruction. How many people have been killed in the name of a loving God? How many people have been killed in the name of a hating Satan?
Old 17-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
Feelings come before thoughts and words. If you have negative feelings, then you will have negative thoughts. I think most negative thoughts have their orgins in common depression, and its associated angers.

Hmm...this is one of those highly debatable things, like does language precede or proceed-from understanding? It seems difficult to have negative feelings without there being negative thoughts to stimulate those feelings. Then again, negative-like noumena would give rise to negative feelings and consequently thought in trying to rationalise.

But I'm more intrigued by whether you mean
negative=bad, or
negative=¬positive/Lunar/feminine/Shakti?

The word "negative" seems to have got bad press in the hands of the New Spiritual Industry!
Old 17-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Guide

Quote:
positive thinking is a reaction to a negative state

I think this is quite true. Nice concept. Which applies to me then i guess. Gonna work on that.

Quote:
and its also a bit victorian...soldier on, chin up, stiff upper lip lads, over the top, bam!

very true as well. Im done being a soldier.

Tx for the replies. Will reply more later. However, i wanna mention there is much difference in dark vs negative. Which are two different thingies.
Old 17-08-2014, 11:40 PM
Master
What the OP is trying to make clear (as well) is that things you give attention (= energy) to, will grow, expand, accumulate.
And that is a given, so in that sense you'd say "yes, true, so don't give it attention". Thing is it will still be there and won't go away if you try to ignore it.
I think that attention making it grow or not depends on whether you do so out of fear or from a centered, empowered calm state of being? If you're calm, not scared, there's nothing to feed from, so it won't grow. It will provide you with the opportunity to explore it and then even make it smaller, or make it go away.

At first I also thought there a difference between negative as in entities / energies and the negative from Yin - Yang principle. But there is no difference really.
Old 18-08-2014, 02:05 AM
Guide

Negative Experience

A while ago there were things happening in my life that really upset me. I was more than upset. I was struggling. I didn't know what to do. I was constantly crying and at rock bottom. Suddenly, it just flipped. I was feeling angry and it was getting more intense by the minute. I sat quietly for around three hours and let it all come up. The anger turned into rage and I wanted to tear down walls, smash windows, rip peoples heads off. I wanted their heads, I was so enraged. I felt a power I had never felt before. Wow!

It too subsided and I changed. I came through with a solution and an ability to stand my ground. It was very difficult to sit through it without taking any action but it was a wonderfully liberating experience for me. I realized that denying my anger had kept me stuck in a negative place. I have never looked back since.
Old 20-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Agree there's nothing wrong with negative. Also I don't know if you've heard of Socionics but it actually states that some people will see 'what's missing' as opposed to what's there. For example, a person who is inclined to see what's missing is more focused on what's between the lines instead of what's obvious. Basic example but you get the point. Anyway, this line of thinking is called 'negative' because A) it can seem more negative.. and also because it's like when you take a photo and add a negative filter to it.. you see what wasn't there before.

So really what I'm getting at, you might just be one of those people like me who sees what's missing, and it's good because if no one saw what was missing then nothing would be improved :)

Yes, and being like that takes all the joy out of life. Truth is nothing is missing. Everybody is perfect how they are. Including urself. All the problems u have with others are ur own problems. Meaning not trying to change others i guess.
Old 20-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Guide

Nobody can live without negative/fear/darkness. In that perspective there is balance. However u dont have to chose it.