Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 22-08-2014, 01:51 PM
sraley2

Book1 Help with interpreting Tarot

Hello everyone,

I have recently had a new person come into my life who is very intriguing. We spend a lot of time together playing music and just generally having a great time. I am cautious about it because I've been very 'foolish' in the past with relationships. So, I'm torn about what to think or how to feel. When we first met, and I considered him only friend material, I did a quick three card past, present future spread that came out like this:

The lovers, The Empress, Temperance

This week, after a lot more feelings have developed, I decided to throw a few more cards down and see what happened. This three card spread is for relationships specifically, and goes
1. Me 2. The dynamic between the two of us 3. Him

I got
The fool, Two of Cups, The Star

The first reading I initially interpreted 'The lovers' as the love that I had in the recent past which was more physical and with a (different) friend. But then I also thought that the first card didn't necessarily have to be a past love and could be showing a present feeling.
I interpreted 'The empress' as how creative our relationship is and how much happiness it's been bringing into my life. (Musically in particular but also closeness and love for him.)
I interpreted Temperance as a need for balance in this situation as our relationship evolves.

The second reading feels a lot different and I'm not sure if I influenced what came out with my own emotions, because I think I'm falling in love with him.

The fool made sense because I tend to be very trusting of people and borderline naive about love- but also I have lived a life that is very free spirited and haven't had much of a home base ever. Also, this is a new relationship so the 'new beginnings' aspect of the card makes sense.

The two of cups seems clear. The dynamic between us is one of love and a committed relationship. I don't know how he feels, though. So- I'm wondering if this is just me projecting what I wish for?

I read somewhere that the star in the position of the person I am asking about means that he considers me an 'ideal mate'. Of course I want to believe that, but again- I'm pretty clouded by how I'm feeling.

Can anyone give me a fresh perspective on this? I would be happy to hear any ideas you've got!

Thanks,
sraley
Old 22-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Experiencer
Hi Sraley,
My gut feeling here is about the Fool,seems to me that it indicates a Beginner,and the Star is like a blessing of the relationship,yet its important how do you feel whwn you are together.
Old 22-08-2014, 03:44 PM
sraley2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolxochitl
Hi Sraley,
My gut feeling here is about the Fool,seems to me that it indicates a Beginner,and the Star is like a blessing of the relationship,yet its important how do you feel whwn you are together.

We're always laughing and we blend so well musically- not to mention that we just have very similar perspectives on the world in general, so it feels really good to be around him. I feel pretty sure that the fool is me, because I tend to see only the good in people and situations. It's like I choose to be naive. Or as I like to call it "stubbornly optimistic". I'm just not sure whether the cards are saying that I am fooling myself or whether I need to come down and get realistic about the situation.
Old 22-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Experiencer
Well like attracts like,the Fool maybe represent yourself here,but he also is a great adventeror,and the Star is a positive sign.But then,why dont you cast Runes,or throw another spread.I often use different divination tools when im not sure about the meaning.
Old 22-08-2014, 05:31 PM
sraley2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolxochitl
Well like attracts like,the Fool maybe represent yourself here,but he also is a great adventeror,and the Star is a positive sign.But then,why dont you cast Runes,or throw another spread.I often use different divination tools when im not sure about the meaning.

I feel like doing multiple spreads only clouds the situation. And I'm not really sure about the adventurer in him. Not so much, I think. To be honest, I'm thinking more and more what both spreads are telling me is that I need to stop daydreaming about it. Probably my own feelings influenced the way the cards came out a lot more than I know.
Old 22-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Experiencer
Let your inner feelings lead you,one way or another time will tell.
Old 22-08-2014, 08:38 PM
sraley2

Thanks for your input! Let me know if you ever want mine, I'm always down to throw in on a tarot spread!
Old 22-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Experiencer
You are welcome ,and thank you!