Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 17-05-2012, 12:03 AM
callisto

Just looking for a pagan/druid type friend

I've been a pagan for about 10 years now and I've only ever met 3-4 people who practice anything remotely like my faith. I don't mind being a solitary practitioner and my boyfriend doesn't mind when I discuss things with him (he's an evolutionist), but it's not the same as having someone know knows and understands. I'd like to have someone just to chat with, learn from and share in my spiritual journey. Thanks :)
Old 17-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Winston

Hi Callisto,

I also am looking to connect with others, to learn and grow spiritually. I don't know that I would classify myself as pagan/druid, but then again I wouldn't really classify myself as anything else either, at least not at the moment. I'm very open minded and like to learn about new things. What is the essence of your belief system?
Old 17-05-2012, 05:31 PM
callisto

Hello! I totally understand. As I've gone along my journey, I've found I don't really fit into just one system. I believe in the old gods and follow the celtic deities in my practice. I'm an earth spirit with a very animalistic side. I practice reiki and crystal healing and am interested in tarot and astrology. I don't have a lot of free time or privacy to really practice rituals but I'd really like to work on that. I've been discovering some new things about myself recently which led me to seek out people more like myself to share with and learn from.

What about yourself?
Old 17-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Quagmire

What celtic gods do you like. And about the time, do not worry, the pagan gods do really only want you to be yourself (at least those I know). Nothing else is needed
Old 17-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Mind's Eye

Count me in... I'll chat with folks about all this.
Old 17-05-2012, 05:51 PM
callisto

I connect well with Aine, Rhiannon, Ogma, Nemain, Morrigan, Maeve, Flidais, Dagda, and Cernunnos. Depends on the season and the intention I guess. Some days I just say God and Goddess for a general blessing or offering. It's very reassurring to hear that from you :) I don't think I've ever felt them displeased with my lack of formality. The love and respect is there and I feel they understand that.
Old 17-05-2012, 05:54 PM
callisto

Hey, I'm from upstate too! I've been finding more local metaphysical shops in my area and some offer classes and healing circles so I think I'm going to try to attend some to get in touch with people.
Old 17-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Gr4ssh0pp3r

I'm a druidic type.
Old 17-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Animus27

A few pieces of my worldview are Celtic, and I honor Celtic gods from time to time. And I can drone on about it for a long time :}
Old 18-05-2012, 12:50 AM
callisto

Gr4ssh0pp3r would you mind sharing some of your ideas with me? I've found myself veering towards more of a druidic path and I would like to learn more.

Animus27 I'd love to listen!
Lately I've been having more of a charged energy kind of thing going on and I've been more sensitive to things around me. There was an amazing thunderstorm about 2 weeks ago that really affected me and that was when it started to be noticeable. I've also been doing more with my crystals so maybe that has something to do with it. Any thoughts?