Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 09-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Deactivated Account

What ? It isn't a " Dial a Spirit " service ? I was just going to ask you for the number, and if it would be considered an out of area phone call

Seriously though, excellent post mac and I like the " KISS principle ".

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-01-2012, 02:12 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Also, while many consider "faith" not to be a part of Spiritualism, I believe that it is a necessary part. This doesn't mean blind faith, or belief in something totally illogical. But many extremely intelligent people have searched into Spiritualism - Moore, Findlay, Boddington, Crookes, A.C. Doyle, Barbanell, etc. - and found a ton of evidence that could not be explained by fraud, telepathy, or by any other mans: other than by contact with the next world.

It's no more blind faith - nor illogical - to refuse to accept what they found, merely because we don't have direct personal evidence of it, than it is to reject, say, the the occurrence of the American Civil War, merely because we don't remember it.

Jim

If one uses the word 'faith' in the sense of having confidence, trust, that something is so because of what's reported elsewhere (even if not fully understood) then I can also go down the road of 'faith'.

But if it's needed in the sense of mainstream religious faith (or belief) about teachings which seem far-fetched, which don't make any logical sense, then 'faith' won't do for me.

I am impressed by this analogy: "It's no more blind faith - nor illogical - to refuse to accept what they found, merely because we don't have direct personal evidence of it, than it is to reject, say, the the occurrence of the American Civil War, merely because we don't remember it." Such has been my own situation where I've had certain personal experience of the 'spooky stuff' but where the accounts and experiences of many others have deeply influenced my perspective and thinking.

But each to his/her own. What worked for me may not have the slightest relevance to others. What I have seen is that certain folk come to this particular forum (and others elsewhere) speaking about Spiritualism (as kinneretov did a month ago) but perhaps looking for something altogether different.

In Spiritualism one finds a simplicity, a pragmatism, which perhaps isn't fantastic enough for individuals who are looking for something altogether more mysterious. I say that because of the few who stay to discuss what they find in Spiritualism compared to the ones who come but quickly go, sometimes then becoming regulars in other forums.

I've seen this so many times over the years I've been frequenting forum boards.