Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 05-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Experiencer
Windchimes: A Spiritual Message?

I love the sounds of wind chimes. They are often a soothing comfort that can lullaby me to sleep. Lately, I've been getting a vibrant energy while hearing them. I've often wondered if hearing wind chimes mean anything. For instance, a witch knows company is coming when a broom falls over or a Native American can receive messages from the wind. Can wind chimes be used for something like this too, or is the chiming of a wind chime nothing but a natural occurrence?

My main question is: Is there a spiritual meaning behind wind chimes and how can I use them for my spiritual walk?

I've tried to look up spiritualism behind wind chimes but I got nothing. I would love to hear what you guys think. I would especially love to hear any experiences that some of you may have had with wind chimes. Thank you in advance.

Blessings,
Emerald
~*~ It's easy to look up generalized symbolism, but ultimately, we have to think for ourselves and trust what we get. No matter how silly something can seem at first, ponder what things mean to you. - Everly ~*~
Old 05-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Emerald,

Hearing wind chimes means there are angels nearby. There have been many occasions when I was taking walks, speaking to the angels and I have heard wind chimes, and the air was completely still and as I walked by, the chimes were not even swinging, yet still I heard the music !

Adrienne

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 05-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Master
It's not true that spirits in general have an aversion to bells in general...the use of carefully tuned bells which would produce a certain harmonic note have been used since the dawn of man to access the spirit realm. In the case of Aaron, the high priest, those small bells at the hem of his garment kept him alive in the presence of YHWH, but today bells are formed and used on churches to access a completely different (and not holy) spiritual influence. Man no longer needs the help of bells, or any other Levitical ritual to access YHWH...Messiah came to be the only bridge anyone needs.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Experiencer
Hi Adrienne,

That's very interesting! What does that mean, then? Are the angels telling me that they want to work with me?

Hello Tristran,

I'm not using bells to access YHWH.... I assume you mean Jesus Christ or God with this right? If so, then yes, I don't need anything to access Him. I already have His presence with me at all times. I choose to believe, however, that he gives us tools to use for his glory and that's why I am interested in learning more about wind chimes when they are giving me such a high vibration. What Adrienne has said about angels makes me believe Christ wants me to work with His angels. At least it makes sense in my mind.

Thank you for your help guys!

Emerald
~*~ It's easy to look up generalized symbolism, but ultimately, we have to think for ourselves and trust what we get. No matter how silly something can seem at first, ponder what things mean to you. - Everly ~*~
Old 07-03-2015, 05:08 AM
Deactivated Account

Hello Emerald,

I would take it as a sign the angels are saying hello, and wanting you to work with them.

Just start speaking to them, for example if you are taking a walk, or in meditation, or just whenever you feel like it ..... it can be just a random moment during your day. Share with them whatever you like, and ask them for advice or guidance, if you are needing some, or if there is something you would like help with.

Best wishes to you !
Adrienne

Expect Miracles !

Old 07-03-2015, 05:10 AM
Deactivated Account

I just noticed your signature Emerald, very nice quote and very true, I believe, from Everly .

~*~It's easy to look up generalized symbolism, but ultimately, we have to think for ourselves and trust what we get. No matter how silly something can seem at first, ponder what things mean to you. - Everly ~*~

Expect Miracles !

Old 07-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
I just noticed your signature Emerald, very nice quote and very true, I believe, from Everly .

~*~It's easy to look up generalized symbolism, but ultimately, we have to think for ourselves and trust what we get. No matter how silly something can seem at first, ponder what things mean to you. - Everly ~*~

Yes, it's from me. Emerald had the amazing and smile-producing grace to ask before using it. I wouldn't have minded anyway, but it was a really cool thing for her to ask!

The wind chimes thing is making me think. I have very mixed feelings about wind chimes. Most are clanky and annoying to my ear. Some are lovely, but even then, I seem to only like them in moderation and ... ha ... on my own terms. I have a huge problem with unnecessary noise. I don't want to hear your music, I don't like loud mufflers, I hate loud voices (loud for no reason), and so on. Mow your lawn, work on your car, call your kids in...as long as there's a reason for the noise, I'm good.

And a complete aside for the record: I hatehatehate drumming. It makes me nervous to the point of feeling frantic. But I know many people who love it and find it elevating and even healing.

I digress.

Wind chimes... Sound is one of the tools we can use for healing. And by "healing" I mean it on every level, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Sound can also be used for personal (and planetary) evolution.

Sound (ears), light/color/images (eyes/vision), touch (skin), scents (nose) and foods (tasting) are all things that we can use. Our five physical senses are with us for more than just the obvious. They can all be used for healing, growth, etc. So if you feel a vibrant energy when you hear them, I think they're just perfect for you at this time!

Paul Devereux has done fascinating research on ancient sounds. You might find it interesting. Paul Devereux's website
Old 07-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Everly, very nice of Emerald to ask you.

What ? You don't want to listen to my music ? LOL, I listen to some really nice music, now and then. Sometimes I just prefer the silence. As for windchimes, not something I would choose to listen to on a regular basis, and the ones I hear when on my walks are always light, and sweet music, which is part of the reason I think of angels. No loud clanging sounds !

Interesting on sounds being used for healing. I have also heard Tibetian bowls are good for this.

Expect Miracles !

Old 07-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Everly

Quote:
the ones I hear when on my walks are always light, and sweet music, which is part of the reason I think of angels.

Then there should be no doubt in your mind (or anyone else's) that it's definitely a sign that angels are near you.

Quote:
Interesting on sounds being used for healing. I have also heard Tibetian bowls are good for this.

They are. I love the sound of some Tibetan bowls, but they're definitely not all created equal. Crystal singing bowls are also used for healing and/or meditation. I hate those things. They make me want to throttle someone.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:43 AM
Experiencer

I love wind chimes. And I love the variation in sound from the huge wooden ones to the tiny, metal, tinkley ones. But for whatever reason I haven't owned any at all.

So, you can imagine my confusion when I was awakened to a really beautiful sounding one in the morning. None of my neighbors had chimes. And I never heard them again after that.

I had been intently trying to heal myself spiritually after a very traumatic breakup. I really felt that the chimes were a way of telling me that I was on the right track and going to be ok. It was a combination of some dreams plus some other occurrences in my waking life that led me to that feeling.

My point is, you have a feeling, an intuition, what these chimes mean to you. And you are very likely correct. It's ok to trust your intuition here.