Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-11-2019, 11:07 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Maybe I misunderstood but that's how I took that. When saying the world as we perceive it is an illusion, unreal. In one sense it is, and even physicists and neuroscientists will agree. We do not see reality as it actually is. We don't have the sensory equipment to do so. I was referring to this:

The thing a it is, is the noumenon (he thing in itself). It's the real. Depending how far down one wants to go it's atoms or electrons, protons and neutrons, or electrons and quarks, etc... I's the elementary stuff of the standard model or the strings of string theory should that every be experimentally validated. It's the stuff too 'small' for us to see. It's what the stuff we see is really made from.

The unreal are all the phenomenon (the thing as it appears) created by our brains based on the incomplete information gathered by our senses. That is our eyes can only resolve the world at a certain scale or level of granularity. It can't resolve the particles of the standard model, nor the parts of atoms and not even molecules. The brain fills in the gaps, so to speak.

How about sound? It's wave vibrations in the air, detected by the ears and constructed into sound only in our brains. Same for smell and touch too. For instance we don't feel atoms, electrons, protons, neutrons, quarks, etc... We fell a pencil or a keyboard or mouse.

Forgive me for saying this but, I think you are just over-generalising yourself as the person on the video just watched and obviously use the specific person as an example for copying and pasting their views and/or imitating these and this person.

It's an assumption of how the brain and mind of all persons function, works and operates and that basically , it cannot be trusted.

If that's the case, why on earth should anybody spend any time trying to have a conversation and discussion with any person through which another's brain function, senses and mind will become known to another, in the case of another perceiving the senses , mind and perceptions of others and all as distorted, having no substance or truth or reality in them?.
Old 29-11-2019, 11:20 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
He's Swami Sarvapriyananda of the Vedanta Society of New York.

It's only a nine minute video and to be honest it's nowhere near long enough to truly understand the concept of reality vs. perception of reality, but it's a beginning. Physics and neuroscience understand this and physics goes far beyond the capacity of our senses to discover the true nature of reality. That's why they've been building particle accelerators, culminating in the LHC. Accelerating particles to near the speed of light and in opposite directions, then smashing them together in detectors and looking for the telltale signs of the pieces parts that come flying out from the collision. That's how they most recently identified the Higgs boson, supposedly the last particle predicted by the standard model.

I think the video was way too long enough to understand what for me, was essential and necessary to understand. Yes, it's the beginning of all labelled as simply , crazy and that there's no sanity in any person part of this world.

I also understand that what "physics and neuroscience" you referred and mentioned in your post assigns to are, once again certain persons or a few certain persons in the area of physics and neuroscience.

What in saying is, let the facts speak for themselves first for, even a child can come up with theories.

Anybody can come up with way too many theories, not just physists and neuroscientists.
Old 29-11-2019, 11:49 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine111
I also understand that what "physics and neuroscience" you referred and mentioned in your post assigns to are, once again certain persons or a few certain persons in the area of physics and neuroscience.

That's false. In this sense it's absolute fact on the difference between absolute reality as far as physics understands it and the data the senses gather and how that data is portrayed in the mind as best neuroscience understands it. It's not just a few select physicists and neuroscientists. It's any and all physicists and neuroscientists worth their title and degrees. It's not disputable. Nobel prizes have been awarded and these theories are accepted by the scientific community at large.

Why dismiss these aspects of physics and neuroscience and not GPS, computers, cell phones and life-saving medical diagnostic equipment like MRI? The same scientific principals, theories and minds apply to them.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Old 29-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Master

You guys know that we create our own realities ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 29-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You guys know that we create our own realities ...

What about circumstances of the whole created reality, born into circumstances as things are?

Everything is moving as one interconnected reality/creation, so I would support the view that it’s both your creation and a greater creation of the whole. Where you fit in that is determined by, what you have to create with..so circumstance, environment all play their part.

Nature is an intricate, interconnected state of balance, it all supports each other.
Humans forget they are a part of nature, which is why we see the world as we do.
Old 29-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
I will try to keep this short and sweet . . .

I will assume that most of you have heard the old saying . . . Can’t see the forest because of the trees. What does that mean . . . in the life of the individual? How does it apply to your life . . . perhaps not specifically . . . but as a viable and general optic.

If you haven’t heard of the saying . . . you have now.

How does it apply to most everything you hold to be true in your individual life?

Secondly . . . once the weed trimmers / weed whackers / lopping shears / chain saws come out and have done their duty . . . now what? Do we just just selectively trim a tree or two? Do we clear an acre? Do we clear cut? Do we let the results just stand . . . if there’s anything left to stand?

Lastly . . . in the areas that we cleared . . . to whatever extent that was . . . do we allow the dormant seeds to sprout? Are we even concerned with the resultant ground covers . . . or under-growth . . . or shrubbery . . . or new trees? Do we try to plant selected seedlings of our own?

Are these questions of any importance to you?

The statement for me personally, means this-I move and live my life I am open to know that there is always more to assimilate in my creation one with all life. That even as I might have a personal plan, plans change through mindful awareness of all things moving one with me. My view may change as I see and know more. My creation considers more than itself alone. I have to develop a more unified life creation to understand not only myself but all life that moves within my creation. I have to become the trees and forest and everything that moves in my ongoing awareness. I observe, listen, and be aware of myself in this way in this body, in my movements. In this way I have to let go of all knowing to alllow the unknown to reveal itself consistently without fear or control over what opens to show itself as my life experience, ongoing. I have to be willing to let life open me, differently to know more, see more, experience more.

You can cut away everything and clear your inner landscape back to a blank canvas. I’ve done this. The seeds of potential from this, become what you make it to be. You don’t clear the land/make space to not know. You clear the space to know more, to know how to cultivate your own garden of eden from within, differently and aware of more. It becomes a creation born from how much of that forest you’ve become as yourself.

Once aware of that cleared space, seeds sprouting, there is still you as the creator and caretaker, so if you don’t take care and do what’s required in those new planting’s, ( with the awareness all things are temporary and all things can live together I harmony) with awareness you can grow and learn more, in ways differently than previously, with awareness change can intercede at any time, sometimes out of your control or in your control. The list is endless if you’ve become the forest. The more you let yourself open to the fullness of the forest as it is, as it grows, as it changes as it exists as a ‘whole’ balanced relationship as nature is and does, the more you can live in a world created by you and those one with you, as the forest. The chainsaw is a man made construct, we cut down to yield something from nature. The ‘way’ in which we care and take, understand and live through a more natural state and way, the less we rely on cutting down, culling, weeding, pruning..machines give power to man, nature gives power to your machine..

If your a strong grounded tree that sees out their life in that forest long enough to understand it’s presence is important as are all trees, as are all things connected as one thriving creation, then you might reach the point of ‘just being’ ..

And then you realize...

And keep on living, only with a more complete feeling, complete awareness and your aware even weeds play their part..

You may even contemplate being a lady bug after all this..

Who knows? The forest is full of life seen and unseen..the potential is only as deep as you immerse in that forest..to let the unknown reveal itself.

Are you open to the entire forest when you enter it? You may not see everything, you may not know all things within that space, but you are open and willing to notice..

Because your open to your self fully and your willing to notice you in it..

Now where is Davidson and his grandiosity gone?

Ego is not a dirty word David, but the sun wont shine where you don’t enter it to see it..when you don’t grow through what you see as you see things. I’m interested in you in your seeing to learn through your view.

So enter your grandiosity in the view you hold and tell us all how you see it playing out as yourself? I don’t want to rain on your parade, nor do I need too, i merely prefer to shine the light of the sun you have inspired me to shine as you in myself..

There is a grand idea that clarity born of fear, holds a limited view, but clarity designed from and as one thousand suns is a whole new paradigm of being.

I must end it here. I have work to do that’s far more important than these words, that mean less to me than my movements of living as these words...adious.

Last edited by JustBe : 30-11-2019 at 03:32 AM.