Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2017, 04:13 AM
Seeker

Unhappy Trouble working with guides (projection, anger towards them)

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone else has ever experienced a challenging relational dynamic with their spirit guides?

I sadly often find myself quite angry at them and disheartened by our relationship.

One thing I struggle with is sometimes I will get messages about how I spend a lot of time worrying or stressing out (not remembering the exact wording right now). I find this extremely aggravating as I am fully aware of this issue, but they don't really offer much advice on what to do about it.

So sometimes I'll just say I don't even want to hear form them or receive any help. I think about how Doreen Virtue and others say you have to ask your angels (I used to call my guides angels but don't anymore - long story) for help.

Well, for me that is not the case at all and I get messages whether I want them or not. This to me feels very sad and like a violation of my boundaries.

But the guides don't adjust of course, or explain why they say certain things, or even how I can improve their relationship with them.

So I end up feeling like there is this terrible imbalance of power where I am very affected by them but they not the slightest by me.

This all ties in with a lot of issues from my life of others (mom, former therapist) more or less wanting me to be/behave as they wished and it wasn't really about me being myself at all. So I have a lot of projections/stored up feelings about that that come into play working with guides.

I post all this cause really want to know if others experience this and am hoping maybe for some insights. It makes me angry to think someone like Doreen Virtue doesn't mention any of this type of stuff at all, just makes it all seem like everything will be great with your guides. Definitely not my experience. :-/

thanks.